Too much money on import-weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljz1031

Recently I read a news about India's importing weapons.
You spent billions of dollars to buy different weapon systems from different countries.
What I am afraid is that this would neither help your native weapon industry nor a powerful country.
In fact, it is likely to make your country more fragile.
For example, you'll need a lot more money for repairing them, while at the same time, you'll probably get confused about how to develop a system whick is indeed proper to your country, your future.
Beside, it seems to be safe in a piece period, but what if a dizaster hits you when you have not enough money for it.

We all understand your desire to be a decent country, but you should first learn to calm down and walk step by step.
It is ridiculous that I say such things to you since you also have long history, and I mean no offense.
As a Chinese, I also claim that Tibet is ours and the line drawn by the damn English man is illegal.
But I believe that we will solve it peacefully, with compromise, not war.

prahladh

Respected Member
You are late to the party. We are going step-by-step. We are investing billions in our defence R&D too. But we can't wait till this R&D churns out results. We have to depend on imports. Since India has enemies all along its border (with nukes) our bills run into billions.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Go through the MoD's Defense Procurement Policy (DPP) & Industrial Offset Clauses first before coming out with your suggestions.

Last edited:

debasree

Country flag
why r u crying my chineese /**** friend are you afraid about us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles