Too few life-saving kits for soldiers in J&K

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by Flint, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Flint

Flint Senior Member Senior Member

Guys, guys, guys. Please try to analyse the problem instead of going into impassioned speeches...

3. kuku

kuku Respected Member

I think that is the missing link, the government has to be embarrassed into taking these decisions quickly, while they are busy buying multi million dollar planes in multi billion dollar deals they are letting things happen due to the structure of the good old minister-babbu-military triad.

There is plenty of money with the government to buy the quick clots for every soldier involved in anti insurgency operations, the bullet proof jackets etc. The real need is to straiten up the structure of things, so that similar problems are not faced in the generations to come.

4. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Non entitled personnel cannot buy items from the Unit Run Canteens.

Why not write to the Chief and other head honchos like the Adjutant General, DGMO and tell him your plans and see their reaction.

5. Flint

Flint Senior Member Senior Member

Well, that's why we need contacts! Who said anything about directly buying them ;)

6. Ray

I spoke to Gen Roychowdhury today on the issue.

He said he will talk to the AG.

Hopefully, he will give an answer by Tuesday!

Buy direct and then send if you are an NRI. It will mean more kits since the Indian distributor would have added his import taxes and his profits.

I told the ex Chief that how can NRIs save on the taxes, transportation costs ets.

The aim was more kits and so more lives saved and that it was not a cosmetic exercise, but one of genuine concern.

7. Vinod2070

Vinod2070 मध्यस्थ Stars and Ambassadors

^^ Don't we produce these kits in India?

That should be much cheaper.

8. SATISH

SATISH DFI Technocrat Stars and Ambassadors

Sir hemcon is the latest clotting agent...it can be used even by field soldiers...better recommended it to him. Quick clot is being phased out.

9. Ray

To be frank, I am of the vintage when we used First Field Dressing.

In fact, I have no idea of how this Quickclot works or even what it looks like, except that they are in granular form, or so I learn.

I believe the Northern Army has bought 300 such kits, each costing Rs3,500 from a Delhi dealer and the RR is using them.

Gen Roychowdhury is not involved in the issue, I asked him since he was still in circulation at the AHQ owing to the fact that he is an ex Chief.

What is hemcon and from where can you get this?

10. SATISH

SATISH DFI Technocrat Stars and Ambassadors

11. shaileshmd

shaileshmd New Member

I would love to contribute. Will someone make certain that the life saving kits reach the frontline soldiers/healthcare providers? I will contribute $200.

12. sgarg

sgarg Senior Member Senior Member

I think India does have money. Such things are not due to shortage of money but due to indifference of officers and bureaucrats.

Indian public has always supported the defence forces. If asked, the public will surely contribute.

The defence forces need a mechanism for internal reporting. An autocratic organization is inherently weak as shortcomings are not addressed.

Kunal Biswas, Archer and dastan like this.