Today,I am in Xiamen city.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Today, I am in XIamen city,for business...
Ximen city once was a "Frontier city" ,under serious defence pressure against Republic of China(ROC, or Taiwan),after Republic of China retreated to Taiwan after Chinese civil war(1946-1949). It is just miles aways from the civil war frontier, several small island controlled by ROC.
However, after PRC and ROC gradually reconciled ,Xiamen city has turned prosperous economy center in Fujiang province....it is a typical tier II city....
I didn't bring camora on myself .so I post some pictures of Xiamen city in cyberspace..

badguy2000

Respected Member
the remaining monuments of "civil war frontier".......
the small island still controlled by Republich of China( ROC, or Taiwan),Kingmen Island. It is just 3 or 4 miles aways from Xiamen City.
People here can see the island with their eyes easily.
The slogon on the island is " CHina should be united under democatic system!",

badguy2000

Respected Member
well, on the seashore of Xiamen city,which is next to ROC's above slogaon " CHina should be united under democatic system!", CCP also sets up one huge slogan.
the solgon is " China should be united under 'one state,two sysem' policy"
what a typical cold war slogon war!

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Let the people decide on their own :troll:

badguy2000

Respected Member
people here, espcially indians,may feel it very strange why PRC has not take over the island,which can be easily seen from mainland CHina with eyes....
The island ,Kingmen island, is only 3 or 4 miles aways from Xiamen city ,but 200 KM aways from Taiwan island.

In fact,from military perspective, PRC can have easily taken over the island long time ago. However,the island only several miles aways from Chinese mainland is the living monument that either PRC or ROC is still one side of CHinese civil war going on.
Once the monument is taken over by PRC, then Geographic distance of two china( PRC and ROC) will be longen to 200-300KM from several miles.

Besides, according to Chinese laws and tradition, the small island belongs to Fujian province, instead of taiwan province. if ROC(republic of China) were to lose the small island,ROC would completely lose all territories belonging to Chinese mainland provinces and have only one province-Taiwan province.....

Thus, PRC taking over the small island would add few territory to PRC,but completely cut off the cutural and geographic relation of two china( RPC and ROC) ,which is quite helpful for " Taiwan independence movement"...

pmaitra

@satish007, we are still waiting for more stories about the guys on-boarded to your company.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
" China should be united under 'one state,two sysem' policy"
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend.

Mao Zedong

Great saying.

Great aftermath!

But then Deng did Ping........

And Capitalism Bloomed!

amoy

Alright, the slogan on Kinmen is not "Reunited under Democracy" but "Reunited with San-min Chu-i" (meaning a total of Democracy, Nationalism, and the Principle of People's Livelihood)

National Anthem of ROC
San Min Chu-i, Our aim shall be: To found a free land, World peace, be our stand. Lead on, comrades, Vanguards ye are. Hold fast your aim, By sun and star. Be earnest and brave, Your country to save, One heart, one soul, One mind, one goal...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles