Time for BJP to seriously introspect as General Elections approach

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by sob, Oct 22, 2012.

1. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Gadkari represents everything that’s wrong with BJP today | Firstpost

panduranghari likes this.
  3. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

BJP should dump Mr.Gadkari, like a sack of hot potatoes, if it has to regain the high ground in the electoral battle.

The BJP chief is a relative political lightweight and as long as he remains under the cloud of suspicion BJP's attack on the Vadra Gate issue will be blunted by the Congress. Or is it what the BJP leaders want at the end of the day-- you scratch my back and I will scratch your back.

4. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Mr.Digvijay singh, may be a spent political force in his home state but he has not lost the art of taking the psy-ops into the enemy (BJP) camp.

WonÂ’t disclose graft proof against Vajpayee, Advani kin: Digvijaya - Indian Express

5. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Looks like someone in BJP desperately wants Gadkari out.

He is getting the second term, they specially amended constitution for that.

Besides BJP has no national leader. Definitely not the one whom RSS will approve of.

Sent via Tapatalk from a galaxy far far away

6. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

BTW its totally absurd to say that Gadkari represents 'everything' that is wrong with BJP. Its height of overstatement.

Firstpost is just sensational without substance.

Sent via Tapatalk from a galaxy far far away

7. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

From the same article -

I do not see anything wrong in the above, if anyone here sees anything out of the ordinary in the above please explain.

1) To be a politician is it required that the person should not be earning a living, everyone is not lucky enough to have baap-dada ki jaydaad like Nehru family ? Purti group seems like a normal company to me.

2) Will NDTV and the like grill Robert Vadra in the manner Sri Gadkari was tested by Srinivasan Jain (lovingly called `Vasu` by Congressis invited to NDTV talk shows).

3) If state or central govt has evidence against Gadkari they should go ahead and frame charges or investigate.

4) This is trial by media what is being mounted by NDTV/Tehelka etc.

As for Gadkari himself he has done good work in Maharashtra as per what people from that state say. Flyovers in Mumbai in good time, Mumbai Pune expressway, trade union leader in Nagpur, etc.

Raj30 likes this.
  8. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Its exactly that. Remember Kejriwal said he was called by a BJP leader and told there is an unwritten code to not attack personalities post Vadra?

9. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

The reason why Mr.Gadkari got the second term was due to the fact that he is a political lightweight within the party and was acceptable to all the major factions.

However the allegations on their Party President at this juncture is highly embarrassing for the BJP. In one stroke they have been unseated from the anti corruption platform they had been on since the series of G scams broke out. As the main opposition party they were expected to get the maximum mileage out of the scams, but now they have to play second fiddle to the IAC.

10. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

That was Mr.Gadkari who is alleged to have said this to Ms.Anjali Damania.

The country needs this spring cleaning, as the politicians have made it into a very lucrative career.

If you look at the list of assets of even the most honest politician, you will find that their assets have grown by muti-fold, which for an ordinary person will never be possible.

11. Phenom

Phenom Regular Member

Gadkari may or may not be guilty, but the speed at which some of the pro-BJP voices are turning against Gadkari suggests that there is a larger game being played, after all its not like BJP is all squeaky clean without Gadkari.

12. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Don't get me wrong but Kejariwal has made a mistake by opposing Gadkari with his lame arguments. What Gadkari is doing is totally fair and legit.All businessman does that and opposing the turn overs makes me feel what would Kejariwal says about other progressive companies not having political connections. And now media especially paid whores are ripping off Kejariwal and keeping alive only Gadkari's issue.Vadra is totally side lined. This will help congress.

Raj30 and parijataka like this.
  13. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

Until....? Next (congress) scam pops up.

Chor ki maa kab tak khair manayegi......!

14. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

I am not sure if anyone in BJP wants to attack The Family!!

15. VIP

Modi does this everyday.Infact don't directly and not for corruption but other basic things.

16. Zebra

I think congress did raised kin of Vajpayee issue. What Digvijay Singh said is all BS.

Anyway, I will love it if congress bring those cases up again. Let it be in front of people.

Congress should and must go for it, openly.

First of all do they have enough balls now, for that.....?

I doubt it.

Raj30 likes this.
  17. VIP

Well, I'm telling you, a lot of people don't know anything about scams. Last year in KBC when anna was at peak, 1 candidate didn't know about Anna when question asked about him. Indians are ignorant and short minded,sufferring from Ghajini disease. One chap here in other thread was/is praising Gandhi family even after knowing everything.I totally lost hope from this country.

panduranghari, Raj30 and parijataka like this.
  18. Zebra

:D

You make me laugh buddy.

Seriously, looks like you are new in this game.

Just faced one little hit and that's it, lost all hope now.

I am telling you, this game has just started now, in future it will be more furious. :nod:

19. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Well, our media is as corrupt and greedy for money as the babus and netas, what to say and the majority of people are illiterate and poor and kept that way for 60+ years of independence.

Which is why Congress Party, Lallu Party, Mulayam Pary, Sharad Pawar mafia and other crooks and criminals will keep getting elected. If anyone questions Congress-mafia, media is ready to grill the opposition rather than the criminals. During CWG initially instead of going after Kalmadi and co, NDTV was raising issue of a businessman who was a friend of a BJP guy.

So intead of pursuing Vadra and Congress Party, media will hound BJP leaders and ask BJP to introspect. Why is that after ruling India for major part of the time since 1947, Congress is never held responsible for the fact that people are still illiterate, poor and hungry and 60% defecate in the open. Nways we get what we vote for - examples being WB that voted the communists for 34 years in a row, UP that votes either SP or BSP and Maharashtra that votes Congress-NCP.

Raj30 likes this.
  20. ani82v

ani82v Senior Member Senior Member

Yes, why this introspection question raised only for BJP. Why no such q for Gandhi gamily? Or Corrupt congress?

21. Zebra

That is what congress leaders wants to show in front of people that all are the same.

What bjp or what congress, makes no difference.