Ties fail to take off, China out of Indian Show

RedDragon

This show is just like a party.
Tit for Tat. If you want to show no respect for China in this move, then will get China's unrespect later.
The response could be "You not invite me in your party, I will not invite you in my party". or just be ignored as a funny move of a missy country.

mayfair

Tit for Tat. If you want to show no respect for China in this move, then will get China's unrespect later.
The response could be "You not invite me in your party, I will not invite you in my party". or just be ignored as a funny move of a missy country.
Oooh..we are pissing ourselves at the thought of "China's unrespect". Learn to be friendly, stop trying to undermine us at every opportunity, stop claiming our territory as yours then talk about respect. Till then my only message to the Chicoms is Kindly shove your "..respect.." up yers and bugger off.

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
http://tarmak007.blogspot.com/2011/02/mioa-mantri-when-antony-got-hit-by.html

This was probably an interesting highlight of Day-1 at Aero India 2011. Indian Defense Minister A.K. Antony was very much at ease (as usual) answering in his inimitable style, a volley of queries from the Press. At the fag end of the Press meet came an unexpected 'missile' from the last row. This one from China.

Li Miao, the only Chinese journalist at the show complained to Antony how she had to struggle to get an entry into the inaugural day of the show. Her pass was valid only for Day-1. "Mr Antony, I am from China... China... I congratulate you on the show, which I think is a great success. But I want to tell you that I had not received passes until this morning and I still do not have passes to cover the remaining part of the show. Are we (China) really invited for this show? I wanted to know," she fired the first 'cruising missile.'
Taken aback, Antony immediately directed officials from Ministry of Defense to do everything so that she could cover the show on all days. "She is a young and energetic lady, do not disappoint her," he said. There was a sudden buzz at the conference hall and everyone seems to have enjoyed this bit of Q&A session.
Miao is with the China Central Television (CCTV). She also wanted to know when India and China would co-develop defence technologies (!!!!!!), to which Antony replied: "A few differences between the two countries, especially unresolved border disputes are to be solved. But don't forget, China is one of our biggest trade partner which is a positive sign."
Ahead of Aero India 2011, the Indian government had said that China won't be attending the Aero India 2011 as they weren't invited. Later, Tarmak007 had reported (read as first to report in the world!!) that China had been extended an invitation and some journalist(s) and business delegation might be attending the show. There are no Chinese exhibits at the show.
That's all from the Mioa-Minister duet!

RedDragon

NEW DELHI: The winter is on exit mode, but Sino-Indian defence ties looks set to remain frozen. Suspended last year after Beijing refused to grant visa to northern army commander lieutenant general B S Jaswal, the concord between the two neighbours shows no sign of a thaw as New Delhi has chosen not to invite China for the five-day Aero India beginning in Bangalore next week.

The Ministry of Defence not only stopped at blocking the invitation for the February 9-13 military show; it has also barred Chinese journalists from covering the biennial event tipped to be the biggest-ever air fair conducted in the country where all the world's aviation gia¬nts would jostle to tap a fast-growing market.

Not that China has been an enthusiastic participant in the previous editions — it has, in fact, been staying away from the event even after getting an invitation. The only exception was last time when its 10-member team visited Bangalore in 2009 when both countries sensed a thaw in ties.

The government has blocked accreditation of Chinese journalists eager to cover the much-hyped Aero India 2011. Leo Zhe¬ngjun Liao, a representative of People's Daily here, says he and some of his colleagues failed to get media passes. MoD officials say they went by the advice of the Ministry of External Affairs

India denies visa to Chinese Journalist

New Delhi, Feb3 (TruthDive): In what appears to be yet another low in the Indo-Chinese relations, the Ministry of Defense(MOD) has refused visas to Chinese journalists who wanted to cover the upcoming aero show in Bangalore. The Ministry of External Affairs has asked the MOD not to invite Chinese Air Force to take part in the show.

The Chinese had earlier refused visa to a northern army commander lieutenant general B S Jaswal to take part in a military exchange programme. The reason being that the officer is in charge of Jammu and Kashmir which China treats as a disputed territory like Arunachal Pradesh. In December 2010 Jaswal had retired from service. With Military exchange on hold a group of Chinese cadets applied for training in the National Defense Academy but they too were denied visa.

Aero India 2011, the biennial air show organized by the Ministry of Defense in association with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) will commence from February 9 to 13, 2011 at Bangalore. The eighth edition of Asia's leading air show organized by the Department of Defense Production will be held at Yelahanka Air Force Station and will attract aerospace and defense majors from across the world.

Other countries that are not invited are Pakistan and Iran. China had not shown any interest in the Aero India show till last year. The Tibetan monk Karamapa being branded a Chinese spy has irked the neighbor. It has dubbed it as yet an instance of India's anti- China propaganda
Perhaps this news can make some Chinese like kickok1975 a little more realistic. I think "friend" is the most unlikely relationship between China and India.
I think the possiblity relationship between China and India is as this sequence: competitor, cooperator, enemy, friend

kickok1975

India and China were friends for many centuries. We are not friend since 50 years ago. But we should and will be friends in the future. That's the norm I hold and believe.

JayATL

This is either sheer arrogance on your behalf or you just side stepped the fact that China was the one to always start the intense disrespect of India.

the Problem is and as shown with the laundry list posted in an earlier post. You showed your TITS to us and we should have shown you the tats. But weak arse Indian politico folded. it was and is always china who starts this and on many occasions.

READ WHAT CHINA DID FIRST! as posted by another poster here
The Mandarin Riddle

Or this?

Chinese Chicanery

Oh wait... this might be very friendly right?

China refuses to accept J&K as India's core issue

Maybe I don't know about friendship, but this surely has to be friendly:

China Refuses Visa to Indian General in J&K

Now this one has to be surely, certainly friendly:

China calls PoK as North Pakistan

No no no.. what am I doing? This one will, has to be, surely friendly:

China to continue with stapled visa for J&K

I am doing it all wrong!!! THIS is what I call friendly! :D :

Chinese troops enter Ladakh, threaten workers

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads