Ties fail to take off, China out of Indian Show

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Exactly, I am unable to understand the so called "anger", good that they are not invited. This is common Chinese behavior, bully in morning and victim in evening.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
The real problem, as our good friend Kickock has already said, is that most Ordinary Chinese are not aware of the recent tensions between India and China. So, for them, it is as if India is suddenly needlessly being unfriendly. Their media never covered the stapled Visa and other Visa denial issues by China, but they have covered this airshow business.

I don't blame the ordinary Chinese person who is commenting on those boards, but I get a feeling that the coming decade will be very very eventful.

kickok1975

The real problem, as our good friend Kickock has already said, is that most Ordinary Chinese are not aware of the recent tensions between India and China. So, for them, it is as if India is suddenly needlessly being unfriendly. Their media never covered the stapled Visa and other Visa denial issues by China, but they have covered this airshow business.

I don't blame the ordinary Chinese person who is commenting on those boards, but I get a feeling that the coming decade will be very very eventful.
You got it. Public doesn't always know all the details but devil is in the details. Like regular Indian doesn't always know what Chinese opinion about India, India's action may not translate into understanding of Chinese either. India not invite China is one thing, bared journalist is something really stir the sentiment.

kickok1975

So for some reason I'm glad this news is not reported in official news web or front page, it seems government showed some restrain. Otherwise it will generate unnecessary public outcry which is not good for mutual relationship.

Looks like Premier Wen's visit doesn't help anything.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Like i said in the other thread on this issue, pak is not there for obvious indian reasons. China is not there because US doesn't want any chinese anywhere close to F-22s. iran too not there under US pressure.

Iamanidiot

There seems to be a huge vaccum and misunderstanding in the Indo-chinese discourse which makes normalization more tough

kickok1975

Like i said in the other thread on this issue, pak is not there for obvious indian reasons. China is not there because US doesn't want any chinese anywhere close to F-22s. iran too not there under US pressure.
But some members said it's a pure India decision. I heard F-22 will not attend, is it true?

Rage

DFI TEAM
But some members said it's a pure India decision. I heard F-22 will not attend, is it true?
The F-35 will not attend. Its cockpit simulator is expected to attend tho.

The F-22 is likely to attend, at least according to certain web sources.

http://geneva-globaldefence.blogspot.com/2011/01/f-22-raptor-smartest-fighter-likely-at.html

Flight-global, however, gives reason to be dubious and good reason too.

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/asian-skies/2011/01/f-22-at-aero-india-be-dubious.html

kickok1975

Anyway, still wish India a very successful Aero Show and everyone have a good time there.

Let's just forget unhappiness and deal with our relationship later.

RebateKing

Firstly, Raptor is not coming to Aero India. Secondly, even if it does along with MMRCA contenders. They are all from outside India, I don't remember journalists from a particular countries denied entrance from any European or American airshows. In fact, there are many public exhibitions/airshows here, the one closed to me is the USMC Miramar airshow, they check your id, but nobody asks your nationality.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Well GoI is too weak to make any harsh decissions that may provoke china to do something like the 1962..........

pmaitra

@kickok1975

I do appreciate your good wishes, I trust you mean well from most of your posts that I have read and I wish things weren't as bad between PRC and India, but we will have to live with the reality. I am a great admirer of traditional Chinese products but have serious reservations about the political posturing of PRC vis-à-vis India. If I may add, when I was young, whenever I got gifts, the gifts I would cherish the most would be Wing-Sung Fountain Pens, even if I got many other more expensive gifts.

There are many pictures that paint a rosy picture of camaraderie between India and PRC, yet, there do exist a vast number of not-so-rosy pictures, from Daulat-beg-Oldie to McMahon Line. I think we should, at least, learn to respect each other, even if we are hostile to each other. Respecting the enemy is in itself a matter of honour in certain circles.

Finally, thanks for posting the pictures.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ As far as respecting one's enemy is concerned, personally I have a good healthy respect for China,. even if relations are hostile. Most of the world has that respect too - the Chinese have earned it by the way they have managed their economy and country.

Respect is earned, not asked for, and the Chinese have done stuff to earn them respect. Can't say the same about Pakistan though - Pakistan is a country where I cannot find any good, try as I might. Respect is a far cry, I have only contempt for them!

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Respect is earned, not asked for, and the Chinese have done stuff to earn them respect. Can't say the same about Pakistan though - Pakistan is a country where I cannot find any good, try as I might. Respect is a far cry, I have only contempt for them!
This is what Chinese members here fail to understand. They ask why are Indian's hostile? Why is Indian media hostile ?
Answer: We hate Pakistan (and vice versa), I don't want to generalize but on an average yes.

China helps Pakistan in every way, so Indians don't like China (there is respect though). 1962 etc ain't all the important, those are forgotten wars. But Pakistan always comes on our minds and China follows

pmaitra

Can't say the same about Pakistan though - Pakistan is a country where I cannot find any good, try as I might. Respect is a far cry, I have only contempt for them!
^^ Oh yeah, in fact, Pakistan is beneath contempt. It's a comedy as well as a tragedy at the same time.

Iamanidiot

guys leave pak out of the discussion.They are to be kept at a safe distance

Phenom

There is a lot of misunderstanding between Indians and Chinese. May be its because we have less people to people contact, both our countries see each other through western point of view (BBC, CNN and so on).

Having said that, there is no denying the fact that Chinese government action is the last few years has been very hostile towards India. From border incursions to staple visas the Chinese government has done more than enough to earn Indian hostilities.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles