Three-time Oscar winner denounces US Military Presence in Asia

ice berg

Yes it is meant to drive my POV.. Don't you agree ??
Yes to a certain degree. Except that some of the people who were responsible for Imperial Japans actions are still live today.
It will be even more difficult to get an apology when they are all dead.

ice berg

It seems it must have rubbed something the wrong way... The intent was not for an apology for Cambodian [I leave it to Cambodians] who have been forgotten and abandoned by the same Hollywood stars, as those same people who choose to pretend to know all attitudes and intentionally pick and choose to comment to be politically correct.

Then what is with the reference if you think it is up to them?
You have mis understood the intent of my post and twisting argument to a different context... I am not the person shouting from roof tops for an apology...
Sure you did. You were the one who brought up the Cambodians in the first place.

ice berg

Yes it is meant to drive my POV.. Don't you agree ??
Btw nobody is holding the Germans responsibel for what their grandparents did because they have apologised.

The Holocaust - Top 10 National Apologies - TIME

How can you "move on" when the aggressor denied that any crimes were commited what so ever?

Will you "move on" since todays british is not responsibel for the Bengal farmine or will you keep the topic alive?

bose

Country flag
Sure you did. You were the one who brought up the Cambodians in the first place.
Yes, I brought it up to drive the point that China too has blood in its hand... Is China ready to apologize...

ice berg

Yes, I brought it up to drive the point that China too has blood in its hand... Is China ready to apologize...
Aside from the fact that how much Beijing knew about the atrocities as they were being committed has been the subject of many debates, I already pointed out how India failed to get one from Britain. So why are you so busy demanding one for the Cambodians when you could even get one for yourself?

ice berg

To drive this home since you still fail to grasp it:
Has the Cambodian government demanded an apology from China? If no then who are you to speak on their behave?

bose

Country flag
Btw nobody is holding the Germans responsibel for what their grandparents did because they have apologised.

wrong idea, I have seen bitterness of Poles for what Germans have done to them... Jews will never forgive them.... apologies or no apologies"¦

I have spent considerable time in Europe, seen hostility against Germans...

How can you "move on" when the aggressor denied that any crimes were commited what so ever?
No aggressor ever accepts to its crime... If China wants to be stuck to the past history so be it... BUT before asking for any apology be prepared to apologies for what CHINA itself have itself done, be it in TIBET, CAMBODIA etc etc..

Will you "move on" since todays british is not responsibel for the Bengal farmine or will you keep the topic alive?
I will prefer to move on... and learn not to repeat it again...

bose

Country flag
To drive this home since you still fail to grasp it:
Has the Cambodian government demanded an apology from China? If no then who are you to speak on their behave?
It does not matter if Cambodia demands apology from China nor I want to speak for them... I brought it up as a counter argument...

ice berg

It does not matter if Cambodia demands apology from China nor I want to speak for them... I brought it up as a counter argument...
For someone who said " nor I want to speak for them", you surely are mentioning them alot.

bose

Country flag
Aside from the fact that how much Beijing knew about the atrocities as they were being committed has been the subject of many debates, I already pointed out how India failed to get one from Britain. So why are you so busy demanding one for the Cambodians when you could even get one for yourself?
What happened in Cambodia, China was fully hand in glove in the killings but this is not the subject for discussion in this thread...

I am not aware of any Indian demanded of an apology from Britain and failed to get one..

I brought the Cambodian episode as a counter argument – Is China ready to apologies for what happened there ?.

ice berg

wrong idea, I have seen bitterness of Poles for what Germans have done to them... Jews will never forgive them.... apologies or no apologies"¦

I have spent considerable time in Europe, seen hostility against Germans...

No aggressor ever accepts to its crime... If China wants to be stuck to the past history so be it... BUT before asking for any apology be prepared to apologies for what CHINA itself have itself done, be it in TIBET, CAMBODIA etc etc..

I will prefer to move on... and learn not to repeat it again...
Ha? You pretending now to speak for the Jews as well? How is the relations between Israel and Germany? The Poles fared far worse under the Russians.
I live in Europe, son. I have seen no hostility against Germans what so ever. Despite the fact that I have been to most countries in Europe.

You also need to distinguish the diffrence between individual anger against Germans and government demanding an official apology from them.
Do you see the difference?

The last sentence is just ridicolous. Why will China apology for Tibet or Cambodia? Provide a source that they demanding an apology from China. Otherwise it only exists in your fever affected mind.

bose

Country flag
Ha? You pretending now to speak for the Jews as well? How is the relations between Israel and Germany? The Poles fared far worse under the Russians.

I live in Europe, son. I have seen no hostility against Germans what so ever. Despite the fact that I have been to most countries in Europe.
Son, I have stayed and worked in four different countries in Europe I know what I am saying...

It seems that you are trolling big time and wants to divert the context altogether with circular arguments...

You also need to distinguish the diffrence between individual anger against Germans and government demanding an official apology from them.
Do you see the difference?
If Germans have apologized than why there be individual anger based on past experience ??

Individuals make a nation state...

The last sentence is just ridicolous. Why will China apology for Tibet or Cambodia? Provide a source that they demanding an apology from China. Otherwise it only exists in your fever affected mind.
If you ask apology from Japan be ready to apology for what China has done to TIBET & CAMBODIA... No double standards accepted"¦

ice berg

Son, I have stayed and worked in four different countries in Europe I know what I am saying...

And I live here, son. So I have more credentials than you talking about European affairs.
It seems that you are trolling big time and wants to divert the context altogether with circular arguments...

No , it is you who bring up the Cambodian and other cases after you admit that you only brought them up for the sake of argument.
If Germans have apologized than why there be individual anger based on past experience ??
Are you serious? You tell me you dont know the difference between an official apology and individual forgiveness? serious?
Individuals make a nation state...
That dont means they can not make their own choice. Some can choose to forgive, other can choose not to.. Cant believe I am acutally explaining this to an adult.

If you ask apology from Japan be ready to apology for what China has done to TIBET & CAMBODIA... No double standards accepted"¦
You are the one playing double standards here when you couldnt get one from the British yet trolling about Cambodia who you care nothing about. That is double standards, son!

bose

Country flag
You are the one playing double standards here when you couldnt get one from the British yet trolling about Cambodia who you care nothing about. That is double standards, son!
Son, ran out of arguments and going round in circles... no more feeding... no double standard accepted...

dhananjay1

People like Oliver Stone are cozy fashionable lefties. The administration knows that they have no real danger from people like him, so they let him speak out which helps to maintain facade of "freedom of speech". At most people would watch his movies, some would hold rallies and then go home feeling how righteous and peace loving they are. And it won't make a single dent in the government policy.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
compare the US treatment to Snowden and the the treatment meted out to dissidents in China.

Oliver Stone you had better put your energy on the other side. You have to be a delusional american to call Snowden a hero. @W.G.Ewald your comment on this.
I worked for US Army intel, not NSA, but I know Snowden signed an oath to protect classified information. He revealed that information not to protect US citizens, but to harm the USA. That is demonstrated by where he went and where he is now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sob

Global Defence

New threads

Articles