Three countries that should firmly be in India's camp

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
This is my personal opinion...you can list your own.

1. Myanmar - They are moving towards democracy and away from chinese clutches so it is imperitive we get them firmly in our camp. They would be our bridge to south east asia.

2. Vietnam - No brainier this. They have been at odds with china for quite some time and are our natural ally. I firmly believe we should arm them to the teeth.

3. Indonesia - All major trade routes go through there waters. If they are with us then theoretically majority of chinese trade can be blocked.

We could control the entire region if these three countries were on our side.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Mine is a little different:

1) Nepal: In case of a Chinese invasion:)scared2:) this would be a very important frontier both for defense and for offence through Tibet.

2) Vietnam: Obviously.

3)* Japan: A good trading partner, decent navy but totally a US lackey.

3) Russia: If Russia turns on the heat in their north east, there is little the Chinese can do on our north east :cool:.(highly improbable it would side with India against China though).

Galaxy

Country flag
Indonesia not possible. They are unreliable. They are with both Russia as well as U.S.

Vietnam already, Myanmar will maintain neutral position between 2 big neighbours India and China.

In south Asia, We need SL, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar and A'than. [Indeed they are already with us]
(I am not sure of Bangladesh once Jamati + BNP comes in power in 2013)

We need to maintain good relation CAR nations too. [We already have mild-positive relation]

BTW, There is no India's camp as of now (May be south Asia camp possible to certain extent)

World moves between 2 camps: U.S. and Russia and few Isolated regime like Pak, N.K. with China.

Last edited:

SpArK

SORCERER
Myanmar is the foremost one since China can use it to reach Bay of Bengal.

Thailand- i always wanted a base in Thai south most strips facing the straits which is a strategic asset.

Indonasia , Malaysia and Nepal for the reasons already stated.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Strike out Indonesia. (see their reaction in the 1962 war)

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
By "India's camp" i mean we will be the leader of the pact or whatever and not a junior partner or even an equal one.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Strike out Indonesia. (see their reaction in the 1962 war)
Oh and 1965, they went as far as to supply the Pakis along with Iran and PRC.(US didn't, they recognized the war as Pakistan's fault)

By "India's camp" i mean we will be the leader of the pact or whatever and not a junior partner or even an equal one.
Suggest a timeline then, as of now I don't see any country falling into our camp.(with us as the sole leaders)

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
BTW, There is no India's camp as of now (May be south Asia camp possible to certain extent)

World moves between 2 camps: U.S. and Russia and few Isolated regime like Pak, N.K. with China.
Im talking about future. If we start now then only we'll achieve something.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
^^So much for allying against China with us.

pmaitra

So what does the term 'India's camp' mean? Are we looking for client states or seemingly equal partners? If we want client states, we need a lot of money to keep them as our clients and a more interventionist military that can go around propping up regimes.

The countries that should be strategically close to India are:
  • Nepal
  • Bhutan
  • Bangladesh
  • Afghanistan
  • Sri Lanka
  • Maldives
  • Myanmar
  • Indonesia
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Kazakhstan
  • Tajikistan
  • Mongolia
  • Vietnam
  • Japan
  • Australia
Colour Legend:
  • Close to India by virtue of SAARC and geography.
  • Close to India's situation by virtue of having a common giant (PRC) next door.
  • Close to Russia and borders PRC with some border issues.
  • Close to USA and borders PRC with some border (territorial water) issues.

Last edited:

Adux

Country flag
Japan, Mongolia, Myanmar Afghanistan, Iran, USA, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam and South Korea......
Sri Lanka, Indonesia and the rest will play ball. We need to improve our economy, and fast.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Economy to remain modest for several more years. Help them in trade. Indians have considerable influence in WTO these days.

--

Never knew about it babaji. Looking at geographical proximity, I wouldnt be surprised to see Oz part of Chinese nexus passing through Indonesia. Philipines will be more promising than Indonesia for Indians imo.

IBSA

Country flag
Tajikistan - To be a head-of-bridge in Asia Central to India access the energy resources of the region, encircle the Chinese access to this region, and a base to direct play in Afghanistan conflict.

Australia - Is a huge mine and farmland to main Asiatic economies as China and Japan. Joining them to hold natural resources that sustains the economic growth of China.

Vietnam - Historic rivals of Chinese, it can be an contention fortress if well armed and hold the South China Sea's oil if wins the territorial maritime claims

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
If India had by far the No.1 economy in the world, you could add China, or for that matter America to your list as well. But when your GDP per head is still neck-to-neck with that of Bangladesh, or when 60% of the general population don't have any access to sanitation what-so-ever, or when 40% of India's children are under-nutritioned, or when sub-sahara countries boast lower infant-mortality rate than India does, it is not even garantered that states within India's present-day border will remain forever royal, and I'm not kidding. Power comes from strength, not day-dreaming. Your dream could one day become true, but for the time-being it is a strictly paper dream, nothing more.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
^^Too bad with all the money and the strength in the world you guys only have Pakistan as an ally :wat:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles