Thousands of Hong Kong students start week-long boycott

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
May be Imran Khan can export his movement to his friends in all the provinces of CCP land? I hope CCP fails in every step it takes to cage the citizens of Hong Kong. Rest time will tell.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The news reports state that the Hong Kong students have stormed into Govt buildings.

Many arrested and many wounded.

s002wjh

Country flag
bunch kids dont know anything better, they should stay in school, let the adult fix these things.

s002wjh

Country flag
A most unfortunate thing to happen to China.

While one understand the rationale for Tibetan and Uighurs disliking the Han Chinese and the oppressive Han Chinese Communist Government, one is surprised as to why Han Chinese of HK (agreeing that all Han are the same people) should rebel against the Han Chinese Communist Government located at Beijing.

Could it be that those who have seen sort sort of a democracy, and have breathed the fresh air of freedom under the British, even if they are Han, they are not ready to get suffocated by the Communism and dictatorship that the Mainland Chinese have got used to 'enjoy'?
nope under UK, hk governor was always been appointed by UK, they dont have democracy back then. in fact after china take over, HK enjoy more democracy when UK was there. alot HK ppl has some superiority complex that they are better than mainlander

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
nope under UK, hk governor was always been appointed by UK, they dont have democracy back then. in fact after china take over, HK enjoy more democracy when UK was there. alot HK ppl has some superiority complex that they are better than mainlander
As a Communist Chinese, your concept of democracy is understandably limited.

Democracy does not merely mean the Head of a State not being elected by the People.

If that were so, then Britain and New Zealand, and earlier Canada, Australia are not democracies since the Head of their Country is/ was the Queen. And, as the world is aware, the Queen has not been elected.

Beyond election there is much to do with democracy. It is a way of life and governance.

Democratic and communist political systems are based on different ideological principles. Although superficially they seem to share the "power to the people" philosophy, in practice the two systems of government structure the economic and political fabric of society in markedly different ways.

The political landscape is also very different in a democracy vs. under communism. In a democratic society people are free to create their own political parties and contest in elections, which are free of coercion and fair to all contestants. In a communist society, however, the government is controlled by one political party and political dissent is not tolerated.

The greatest difference that is important for the people is an independent judiciary. Democracy provides that. Chinese Communist control their judiciary and the judiciary does what the CCP dictates.

The point you raise about Hong Kong under British rule and Chinese Communist rule.

Here is an answer
From China's claim of overall jurisdiction over Hong Kong to its anti-reform plan, patriotic Chinese netizens have repeatedly satirized democracy activists in Hong Kong, questioning why they did not fight for universal suffrage under British rule. This is just like selling your daughter to a brothel and criticizing her for not being chaste. China ceded Hong Kong to the UK after being defeated in the Opium War, and Hong Kongers became second-class UK citizens.

After the territory's return to China in 1997, Beijing should have kept its promise that Hong Kongers would be allowed to administer the territory with a higher degree of autonomy to compensate them for their great losses over the past century and more. Instead, Chinese netizens are blaming those who were once ceded to the UK for fighting for universal suffrage now. Are they telling Hong Kongers that since they were second-class citizens under British colonial rule, they should continue being second-class citizens after the handover?
The Liberty Times Editorial: Ma deaf to HK's call to democracy - Taipei Times
So, are the Hong Kong people Chinese or are they second class as they were under Britain?

Is China a Colonialist as the British were?

Do the Hong Kong people who are Chinese to be treated as 'different' people and have become a colony of the Mainland, even though the Mainland people are also Chinese?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
bunch kids dont know anything better, they should stay in school, let the adult fix these things.
How come they also protest in other nations and these Nations take it in their stride and ameliorate their grievances?

Dhairya Yadav

you dont have the closest idea about the power of students. We can start a revolution if situation forces us.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_1968_events_in_France

s002wjh

Country flag
you dont have the closest idea about the power of students. We can start a revolution if situation forces us.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_1968_events_in_France
yes bunch teens are immature, hotheaded, there is a reason most adult didn't get involved because they are more cool headed, thinkthrough before go on strike. just because teens can start a revolution doesn't mean they are mature enough to think through. anyway you can argue otherwise.

Last edited:

s002wjh

Country flag
As a Communist Chinese, your concept of democracy is understandably limited.

Democracy does not merely mean the Head of a State not being elected by the People.

If that were so, then Britain and New Zealand, and earlier Canada, Australia are not democracies since the Head of their Country is/ was the Queen. And, as the world is aware, the Queen has not been elected.

Beyond election there is much to do with democracy. It is a way of life and governance.

Democratic and communist political systems are based on different ideological principles. Although superficially they seem to share the "power to the people" philosophy, in practice the two systems of government structure the economic and political fabric of society in markedly different ways.

The political landscape is also very different in a democracy vs. under communism. In a democratic society people are free to create their own political parties and contest in elections, which are free of coercion and fair to all contestants. In a communist society, however, the government is controlled by one political party and political dissent is not tolerated.

The greatest difference that is important for the people is an independent judiciary. Democracy provides that. Chinese Communist control their judiciary and the judiciary does what the CCP dictates.

The point you raise about Hong Kong under British rule and Chinese Communist rule.

Here is an answer

So, are the Hong Kong people Chinese or are they second class as they were under Britain?

Is China a Colonialist as the British were?

Do the Hong Kong people who are Chinese to be treated as 'different' people and have become a colony of the Mainland, even though the Mainland people are also Chinese?
i live in the US, grow up here so i know democracy. hong kong before 97 was not democracy, its not democracy now either, but its better compare to prior 97.

who elect prime minister of UK etc whos in charge of politic, foreign policy etc etc in UK, not the queen. prior 97 the HK governor appoint by UK is in charge of these. I'm not saying HK has democracy right now, HK never has a full democratic government before even under UK.

btw stop calling other national commy when they has different opinion then you, it just show you cant handle an arguement, and use excuse as everyone is CCP etc.

my point was HK was never a democratic city, doesn't mean CCP is right right now.

HK citizen are not 2nd class, in fact they enjoy more freedom/salary/welfare compare to mainlanders (there is a reason why mainlander rush to hk). HK also look down upon mainlander too.

Last edited:

Dhairya Yadav

yes bunch teens are immature, hotheaded, there is a reason most adult didn't get involved because they are more cool headed, thinkthrough before go on strike
those hotheaded teens are the people who are ready to do anything to attain their goals. If you try to supress them, you will do the biggest mistake you can do. You try to ignore them, another mistake. Adults are more attentive to their social image, they are reluctant to take any action against injustice until its too late. In these cases, we students take the matter in our own hands. Why should we risk our future due to your reluctance?

s002wjh

Country flag
those hotheaded teens are the people who are ready to do anything to attain their goals. If you try to supress them, you will do the biggest mistake you can do. You try to ignore them, another mistake. Adults are more attentive to their social image, they are reluctant to take any action against injustice until its too late. In these cases, we students take the matter in our own hands. Why should we risk our future due to your reluctance?
i'm not the one supress them :) tell that to ccp, i just dont think they are mature enough to make decision for entire city. Nothing about social image there are protest going on right now in NYC, most are adults. these kids are just kids who think they are right etc, but in reality they are just hothead. teens are know for their rebillious behavoir. grow another 10yrs then talk again. you sound like a teen who dont know shit but think they know everything.

Dhairya Yadav

i'm not the one supress them :) tell that to ccp, i just dont think they are mature enough to make decision for entire city. Nothing about social image there are protest going on right now in NYC, most are adults. these kids are just kids who think they are right etc, but in reality they are just hothead. teens are know for their rebillious behavoir. grow another 10yrs then talk again. you sound like a teen who dont know shit but think they know everything.
and you sound like a pure chinese comunist. Ask any other adult INDIAN if they support this movement.
'I' dont know shit?
If you really wanna get personal, i have an IQ of 162 at 17 yrs of age. I might not know everything, but i know enough for me to reach a valid conclusion. so lets just stop here.
Im all pro peace, but sometimes you are forced to take matter in your own hands.
And please enlighten me, what actions have adults taken to maintain democracy in Hong Kong?

Last edited:

s002wjh

Country flag
and you sound like a pure chinese comunist. Ask any other adult INDIAN if they support this movement.
'I' dont know shit?
If you really wanna get personal, i have an IQ of 162 at 17 yrs of age. I might not know everything, but i know enough for me to reach a valid conclusion. so lets just stop here.
Im all pro peace, but sometimes you are forced to take matter in your own hands.
And please enlighten me, what actions have adults taken to maintain democracy in Hong Kong?
what is indian has to do with HK, nothing, its like asking americans support of scott independence.
right what conclusion is that, have you been to china, let along hongkong, have you talk to alot chinese. you only know what media let you know.

the adult in HK dont care about the current protest to join it. :)

what these teens doing is idealistic, adult will think through about this, they have more responsibility than ideology. Sure would be nice HK can choose its own leader, but its not gonna happen without huge cost. in the end it come down to cost vs benefit, and most adult dont think cost are justified.

Dhairya Yadav

what is indian has to do with HK, nothing, its like asking americans support of scott independence.
right what conclusion is that, have you been to china, let along hongkong, have you talk to alot chinese. you only know what media let you know.

the adult in HK dont care about the current protest to join it. :)

what these teens doing is idealistic, adult will think through about this, they have more responsibility than ideology. Sure would be nice HK can choose its own leader, but its not gonna happen without huge cost. in the end it come down to cost vs benefit, and most adult dont think cost are justified.
I have been to Hong Kong , Shenzhen and Macau. So dont assume stuff about me. I have spoken to many chinese and hong kong citizens. HK's people are sceptical of chinese trying to overthrow democracy there. Our driver said that people liked british rule much more than chinese. So i can assure you, i dont let media disrupt my views. Nobody in HK likes Chinese rule, they dont want chinese to interfere .

s002wjh

Country flag
I have been to Hong Kong , Shenzhen and Macau. So dont assume stuff about me. I have spoken to many chinese and hong kong citizens. HK's people are sceptical of chinese trying to overthrow democracy there. Our driver said that people liked british rule much more than chinese. So i can assure you, i dont let media disrupt my views. Nobody in HK likes Chinese rule, they dont want chinese to interfere .
and i talk to ppl who is older and been through british rule, they dont like british either. like i said alot HK dont like chinese because they look down upon mainlander, superiority complex. most ppl dont care about politic, otherwise youll see millions ppl on the street. these student are just idealistic.
HK NEVER had full democracy like UK/US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_of_Hong_Kong all the governor were from UK.

Authorities and duties of the Governor were defined in the Hong Kong Letters Patent and Royal Instructions in 1843. The Governor, appointed by the British monarch (on the advice of the Foreign Secretary), exercise the executive branch of Hong Kong Government throughout British sovereignty and, with the exception of a brief experiment after World War II, no serious attempt was made to introduce representative government, until the final years of British rule.

The Governor of Hong Kong chaired the colonial cabinet, the Executive Council (ExCo), and until 1993, also the President of Legislative Council. The Governor appointed most, if not all, of the members of the colony's legislature, (known colloquially as LegCo), which was largely an advisory body until the first indirect elections of LegCo was held in 1985. Initially both Councils were dominated by British expatriates, but this progressively gave way to local Hong Kong Chinese appointees in later years. Historically, the Governors of Hong Kong were professional diplomats, save the last Governor, Chris Patten, who was a career politician. In December 1996, the Governor's salary was HK$3,036,000 per annum, tax-free. It was fixed at 125% of the Chief Secretary's salary.[1]

In the absence of the Governor, the Chief Secretary immediately became the acting Governor of the colony. The Chief Secretaries were historically drawn from the Colonial Office or British military. One Royal Navy Vice Admiral served as administrator after World War II. Four Japanese military officers (3 Army officers and 1 naval Vice Admiral) served as administrator during World War II.

Last edited:

Dhairya Yadav

and i talk to ppl who is older and been through british rule, they dont like british either. like i said alot HK dont like chinese because they look down upon mainlander, superiority complex. most ppl dont care about politic, otherwise youll see millions ppl on the street. these student are just idealistic.
HK NEVER had full democracy like UK/US.

Governor of Hong Kong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia all the governor were from UK.
firt you say that only those been to HK should talk. Now you say that you say that you will only talk to people who are older than me. Forgive me, but i think you are trying to avoid me. Even though Hong Kong never had full democracy, people said that british rule would be better than chinese. And there are reasons to believe so. Under chinese rule, HK citizens will lose the freedoms they had under british rule. The press would be censored. How can anyone accept such things. Truth is, that the CCP is afraid of HK being a democracy. They are afraid that this moment fro democracy can grow into the mainland, threatening their present regime. You let people have even a little experience of democracy, they will understand which is better.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
They might be bunch of kids for you but they were never bullied in the past and made to walk like sheep. Since you happen to show your USA flag, I do not understand the reason behind your comments. What adults do in China is not called democracy and residents of HK should continue with their demonstration till CCP gives in.

Reactions: Ray

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
firt you say that only those been to HK should talk. Now you say that you say that you will only talk to people who are older than me. Forgive me, but i think you are trying to avoid me. Even though Hong Kong never had full democracy, people said that british rule would be better than chinese. And there are reasons to believe so. Under chinese rule, HK citizens will lose the freedoms they had under british rule. The press would be censored. How can anyone accept such things. Truth is, that the CCP is afraid of HK being a democracy. They are afraid that this moment fro democracy can grow into the mainland, threatening their present regime. You let people have even a little experience of democracy, they will understand which is better.
That is the way the Han mentality works.

Flitting from flower to flower but never settling on any.

I saw the film King Kong and Suzie Wong.

I am OK to speak on Hong Kong.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
i live in the US, grow up here so i know democracy. hong kong before 97 was not democracy, its not democracy now either, but its better compare to prior 97.

who elect prime minister of UK etc whos in charge of politic, foreign policy etc etc in UK, not the queen. prior 97 the HK governor appoint by UK is in charge of these. I'm not saying HK has democracy right now, HK never has a full democratic government before even under UK.

btw stop calling other national commy when they has different opinion then you, it just show you cant handle an arguement, and use excuse as everyone is CCP etc.

my point was HK was never a democratic city, doesn't mean CCP is right right now.

HK citizen are not 2nd class, in fact they enjoy more freedom/salary/welfare compare to mainlanders (there is a reason why mainlander rush to hk). HK also look down upon mainlander too.
Anyone can live anywhere.

But then can a coiled tail be made straight?

The Mainland Chinese will home on to anywhere to gleefully escape the Communist regime which stifle, suffocate and is a Police State representation........eve to Timbuctoo or Burkina Faso, let alone HK.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles