Those in Hyderabad

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes, I remember Bowenpalli.

Your stomach small or big, take small helping and have a try.

I found the Hyderabadi Halim a bit to dry for comfort and it would be real difficult, in my opinion, to break the fast after prayers during Ramazan.

The best Biriyani I have had is in the home of a Sufi Muslim officer. It was heavenly.

The worst Biriyani I have had is in the restaurants, where they think an oil rice with roasted mutton on top is Britiyani!!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
This is us venting our frustration.

:rofl:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Brigadier they are the cantonments official photographers since the last hundred years and the oldest photo studio in hyderabad
OK.

But the official photographers came to the functions and then brought the photos demanded.

I did not have to go to the shop.

Iamanidiot

Brigadier haleem with hand pounded wheat tastes divine try pista house haleem .They do air mail I think and you can order it online

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yes, I remember Bowenpalli.

Your stomach small or big, take small helping and have a try.

I found the Hyderabadi Halim a bit to dry for comfort and it would be real difficult, in my opinion, to break the fast after prayers during Ramazan.

The best Biriyani I have had is in the home of a Sufi Muslim officer. It was heavenly.

The worst Biriyani I have had is in the restaurants, where they think an oil rice with roasted mutton on top is Britiyani!!

Too much of "garam masala". I can't bear it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
OK.

Where is this Pista House?

Iamanidiot

Brigadier the andhra style has two variation one has fried mutton the other is the dum style button is treated differently.Doodh ki mutton biryani ir the bert

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Thanks.

Next time I am in Hyderabad, I will have a go at them.

Most probably by the end of this year, my friend's daughter will be getting married and so we will be there.

However, he is one of the old Muslim family and so the tuck in Muslim style may turn out to be too heavy.

Still, who knows? I might still find some space to have the stuff that you have mentioned, though I am a small eater.

Iamanidiot

Brigadier the old muslim families have some of the best recipes they guard those recipes jealously .Doodh ki biryani,pattar ghost and hyd style murgh roasted are the bert

Iamanidiot

and he certainly will be able to provide the dishes I stated

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That is right.

When I was posed in Hyderabad, it was a pleasure to have food at his house.

His mother in law was a fabulous cook.

And they were very large hearted people.

During Bakr Id, I used to get a leg of mutton without fail.

They are supposed to give 1/3 to the family members, 1/3 to the poor and keep 1/3 for themselves of the sacrifice.

I am not too sure as to which category they clubbed me with.

Maybe the 1/3 for the poor! :)

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Brigadier the andhra style has two variation one has fried mutton the other is the dum style button is treated differently.Doodh ki mutton biryani ir the bert
Looks like the end of the sentence your brain took a walk. Any place you recommend for muslim food in Hyderabad?

Iamanidiot

Shadab hotel,Paradise and Cafe bahar are good.If possible sneak into Nizam club.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
His 's' is turning out to be 'r'.

I was having this problem just a few minutes ago where my 'y' and 'z' had changed places and so did '-' and '?'.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Shadab hotel,Paradise and Cafe bahar are good.If possible sneak into Nizam club.
When ever i came to Hyderabad i stayed in Nizam club, cant say the food is awesome. There are some street side food that i liked though, do you stay in Hyderabad? Do you meet people if they turn up?

Iamanidiot

When ever i came to Hyderabad i stayed in Nizam club, cant say the food is awesome. There are some street side food that i liked though, do you stay in Hyderabad? Do you meet people if they turn up?
Cannot speak much about the street food scene at hyderabad the food at the club is quite good for me the only thing that draws me to that club .I am not at Hyd right now

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
His 's' is turning out to be 'r'.

I was having this problem just a few minutes ago where my 'y' and 'z' had changed places and so did '-' and '?'.
Those are legitimate typos but JP is one brain fart away from becomeing enlightened like Ramana Maharashi.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles