This sort of thing happen often? Akbaruddin in trouble for hate speech

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Redhawk, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Redhawk

Redhawk Regular Member

This incident goes back to December (Dec. 24) 2012 and the article's dateline reads Dec. 29, 2012, so it is not the most recent of events, but I found it interesting. Do Indian Muslims make these sorts of threatening and provocative statements often?

Link to article: Akbaruddin in trouble for hate speech

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  3. dastan

dastan Regular Member

Re: This sort of thing happen often? Akbaruddin in trouble for hate sp

That chap was in jail for over a month then got bail I suppose.
    After he came out he vowed to make his sons IPS (Indian police service), IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officers so that the same police officers who arrested him would salute and dance on their directions some day
    As to this sort of things happen often - yes and it's not just one way there are nutjobs like praveen togadia (Hindu) who alos spew venom from time to time.

Redhawk likes this.
  4. CrYsIs

CrYsIs Regular Member

Last time i checked Praven Togadia held no constitutional position like Member of legislative assembly.

5. Redhawk

Redhawk Regular Member

I'm sure there are firebrands on both sides of the argument. But the fact that this Akbaruddin Owaisi fellow is the leader of a political party and an elected official is significant. I don't know if I would vote for the man, but enough people have to get this chap into office.

6. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Correction, people dont vote for him. Muslims(who are in majority in his constitution) vote for him.

7. dastan

dastan Regular Member

Nehruvian secularism

8. dastan

dastan Regular Member

What about varun Gandhi?
    Look am not justifying these acts but let's face it this is how Indian democracy works exploiting caste creed religion etc

9. Redhawk

Redhawk Regular Member

The stresses and strains of Indian society and the Sturm und Drang of internal Indian politics are all complicated, I am learning, which of course is to expected in a country as large, varied, and populous as India, which is an interesting place, no two ways about it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    dastan likes this.
  10. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

I sort of agree with you, but the recent resurgence of the right wing nationalists (which is a phenomenon the world over) can be attributed to the growing vitriol from people of a particular faith. Take the independence for example, -----stan was carved just on the premise that people of a faith cannot live with the mushriks (idolators). So who sowed the seeds of this divide, which I agree many politicians take advantage of.

Mad Indian likes this.
  11. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

Varun gandhi did this in 2009 election was booked and i am thing he is out of case now (off course with help from present ruling gov) , i think was misguided by local politicans

In 2014 did none of this stupidity .Is sane voice in party of mostly fools(of course statte level) .

In 2014 his cousin tried to pull him slug war but he stayed on course

would like to see slug war of-course between cousins bro and fight for PM chairs

12. dastan

dastan Regular Member

Sir
    If you attribute resurgence of right wing to growing islamophobia in West it could certainly be a fact but in india situation is more complex imho. First there is no real right wing party here, second even if you consider BJP to be right wing the sole reason they came into power was Congress. Congress's misrule, lack of central leadership and perceived bias towards certain sections for votes led to its decline paving way for the only other plausible national contender - bjp.

13. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

I am not talking about BJP. I am talking about the increasing crowd of nationalists and right wing (people whom suck-a-rika ghosh calls internet hindus). You will find this precedent in most parts of the world.

You cannot hide from the fact that the so called islamophobia is a result of islam's phobia of everyone else.

Mad Indian and dastan like this.
  14. CrYsIs

CrYsIs Regular Member

Varun gandhi's seepch is Islamophobic in nature where he ridiculed muslim names and that too infront of a gathering of a few villagers.This man was speaking at a very large gathering talking about massacring hindus.

Further Varun Gandhi hasen't spoken on communal lines since then but this man is going on and on without any guilt or shame.

But i am not here defending one against the other.Both should be treated equally as both disturbed the communal harmony of the country

dastan likes this.
  15. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

BJP's Sadhvi Prachi hits out at Owaisi, asks him to accept Hindu identity or go to Pakistan

New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party leader Sadhvi Prachi hit back at All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen's Asaduddin Owaisi and said that all Indians are Hindus and if he cannot accept it, he must move to Pakistan.
    Sadhvi Prachi said, "Every child born in India is a Hindu. Owaisi's father was born in India, and is also a Hindu. If Owaisi cannot accept Hindu identity, he must move to Pakistan."
    Hyderabad MP Owaisi had stirred a controversy saying every child is born as a Muslim but his parents convert him to other religions.

#bjp #sadhvi prachi #hindu #asaduddin owaisi
    Owaisi said, "Every child is born as a Muslim but society imposes other religions on children. Islam is the real home of all religions. The real home coming will be when people of other religions embrace Islam."
    While addressing a public meeting he had said, "This is my belief, I am not telling you to embrace it too and have to convert. You have a right to disagree with me, its a democracy. I am not threatening you. I am not cheating you into converting and not giving you money to preach Islam in your schools."

BJP's Sadhvi Prachi hits out at Owaisi, asks him to accept Hindu identity or go to Pakistan - IBNLive

-----------------------------------
    Appreciate some one countered Owaisi

Mad Indian likes this.
  16. Redhawk

Redhawk Regular Member

I see. It's like that.