The US Confirms the Iran-Al-Qaeda Connection

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Hey any US source for an US confirmation?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Where is colin powell when you need him ?

Only he can make this a fact.

pmaitra

Bush made a fool of himself with his WMDs. Looks like Barry Obama hasn't learnt any lesson from his predecessor ... or is it the moment someone enters the White House loses part of his gray matter?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well I cannot reconcile to the fact that the report says radical Shias cooperate with radical Sunnis. You would believe that these fundoos will not see eye to eye more than the moderate ones.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
HAHAHA! How is that possible? Radical Shias and Sunnis would first attack and kill each other off before forging an alliance against NATO. This is seriously stupid.

Journalist

Stupid? So I guess Shiite Iran does not support, finance, train and arm Sunni Hamas?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
US "confirmed" Saddam Hussein's WMD and OBL being in Afghanistan before going to war. Yeah, good job US.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Stupid? So I guess Shiite Iran does not support, finance, train and arm Sunni Hamas?
Right on the head mate! BUt the bigger problem for the US in this kind of claims is integrity. The Bush WMD blunder for the 2003 Iraq invasion still prominently lingers in the minds of most people. But perhaps the Obama administration, running out of options., is signalling to Iran that it is now seriously considering armed intervention if it does not stop its nuclearization. How more to effectively send a message to Iran than rehash the scenario used by the previous administration in invading Iraq? what do you think?

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Right on the head mate! BUt the bigger problem for the US in this kind of claims is integrity. The Bush WMD blunder for the 2003 Iraq invasion still prominently lingers in the minds of most people. But perhaps the Obama administration, running out of options., is signalling to Iran that it is now seriously considering armed intervention if it does not stop its nuclearization. How more to effectively send a message to Iran than rehash the scenario used by the previous administration in invading Iraq? what do you think?
The U.S. government cares about integrity as much as Pakistan cares about religious tolerance.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The U.S. government cares about integrity as much as Pakistan cares about religious tolerance.
Nobody's claiming that the US government really cares so much about its integrity. I'm just saying that its integrity in this kind of matters has been severely damaged by Bush's WMD blunder. In international relations national interest trumps all other considerations.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Nobody's claiming that the US government really cares so much about its integrity. I'm just saying that its integrity in this kind of matters has been severely damaged by Bush's WMD blunder. In international relations national interest trumps all other considerations.
First time you've come out clean rather than spouting something about freedom and democracy.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
First time you've come out clean rather than spouting something about freedom and democracy.
I like individual liberties as against Islamist and Marxist dominations. It doesn't mean to say I'm a blind fanboy of the US. I just admire a lot of American qualities that has helped our part of Asia a lot in the last 50 years. On the other hand I despise the rabid irrational anti-Americanism being championed by Islamists, quasi-Marxists, and cultist nations. They have a reflexive tendency of overblowing the mistakes of the US and trowing under he rags its favorable contributions.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles