The US Confirms the Iran-Al-Qaeda Connection

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Journalist, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Journalist

Journalist New Member

Iranian connections to al-Qaeda have long been debated, as many analysts have insisted that the rift between Sunnis and Shiites would prevent them from working together... but now the Obama administration says that radical Shiites can cooperate with radical Sunnis... US Confirms Iran-Al-Qaeda Connection - 03.08.11-Réalité

3. Payeng

Payeng Daku Mongol Singh

Hey any US source for an US confirmation?

4. civfanatic

civfanatic Retired Moderator

LOL.

This is a classic case of forging a casus belli.

5. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Where is colin powell when you need him ?

Only he can make this a fact.

6. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Bush made a fool of himself with his WMDs. Looks like Barry Obama hasn't learnt any lesson from his predecessor ... or is it the moment someone enters the White House loses part of his gray matter?

LurkerBaba likes this.
  7. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Well I cannot reconcile to the fact that the report says radical Shias cooperate with radical Sunnis. You would believe that these fundoos will not see eye to eye more than the moderate ones.

8. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

HAHAHA! How is that possible? Radical Shias and Sunnis would first attack and kill each other off before forging an alliance against NATO. This is seriously stupid.

9. Journalist

Journalist New Member

Stupid? So I guess Shiite Iran does not support, finance, train and arm Sunni Hamas?

10. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

US "confirmed" Saddam Hussein's WMD and OBL being in Afghanistan before going to war. Yeah, good job US.

11. asianobserve

asianobserve Elite Member Elite Member

Right on the head mate! BUt the bigger problem for the US in this kind of claims is integrity. The Bush WMD blunder for the 2003 Iraq invasion still prominently lingers in the minds of most people. But perhaps the Obama administration, running out of options., is signalling to Iran that it is now seriously considering armed intervention if it does not stop its nuclearization. How more to effectively send a message to Iran than rehash the scenario used by the previous administration in invading Iraq? what do you think?

12. civfanatic

civfanatic Retired Moderator

The U.S. government cares about integrity as much as Pakistan cares about religious tolerance.

13. asianobserve

Nobody's claiming that the US government really cares so much about its integrity. I'm just saying that its integrity in this kind of matters has been severely damaged by Bush's WMD blunder. In international relations national interest trumps all other considerations.

14. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

First time you've come out clean rather than spouting something about freedom and democracy.

15. asianobserve

I like individual liberties as against Islamist and Marxist dominations. It doesn't mean to say I'm a blind fanboy of the US. I just admire a lot of American qualities that has helped our part of Asia a lot in the last 50 years. On the other hand I despise the rabid irrational anti-Americanism being championed by Islamists, quasi-Marxists, and cultist nations. They have a reflexive tendency of overblowing the mistakes of the US and trowing under he rags its favorable contributions.