The ugly face of China

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Daredevil, May 10, 2009.

1. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

The ugly face of China

Saturday, May 9, 2009 11:49 IST

I could say the same thing in a thousand words, as I tried to here.
    Or I could just point you to this stunning video here.

Look closely at the faces of the men who surround and peer into Financial Times correspondent Jamil Anderlini's car in Sichuan, when he went to interview the mother of a child who died in last year's earthquake.

They represent, in sum, the ugly face of China.

Watch the video, and repeat three times after me: "China is an emerging superpower!"

Incredible!

DNA Blogs - Venkatesan Vembu - The ugly face of China

3. Daredevil

^^^Watch the video. It tells about how the chinese control the media from free reporting.

The article from above first link

4. yang

yang Regular Member

After the earth quake,the people in China contributed 16 billion USD for the victims.
    5.12 ,the date was defined as the day of national crisis.On that day all the entertainments are banned ,all the websites are in grey.
    After the disaster,all the people in China tried their best to help the people there,you can never see these scenarios: the college students didn't go to sleep for the whole night just want to contribute their blood for the victims, the disabled beggar contributed all his money ,the team consist of luxurious cars delivered necessity for the victims,the soldiers use their hands and tools to rescue the people who were buried in the ruins for days and nights, a soldier even died because of overwork,many soldiers died because of rocks falling from the mountains when they try to rescue the people...

5. Daredevil

What's your point?. The article and video posted shows the ugly face of China where it wants to control the flow of free information and news according to its whims and fancies.

6. yang

yang Regular Member

7. yang

yang Regular Member

pray

爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱  爱爱
    爱爱爱爱   爱爱爱        爱爱
    爱爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱      爱爱爱爱
    爱       爱爱  爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    爱       爱爱  爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱爱爱  爱爱  爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱         爱
    爱爱爱爱   爱爱爱         爱
    爱爱爱   爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱  爱爱爱
    爱爱      爱爱  爱爱爱  爱爱爱
    爱        爱  爱爱爱  爱爱爱
    爱  爱  爱  爱  爱爱爱  爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱  爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱  爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱  爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱  爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱  爱爱  爱爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱  爱爱  爱爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    爱爱爱  爱爱爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    爱爱爱  爱爱爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    爱爱爱  爱爱爱           爱
    爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱           爱
    爱      爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    爱      爱          爱爱
    爱爱爱爱  爱爱          爱爱
    爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    爱爱爱  爱爱            爱
    爱爱    爱            爱
    爱      爱爱爱  爱爱爱  爱爱爱
    爱 爱  爱  爱          爱
    爱爱爱  爱爱爱           爱
    爱爱爱  爱爱   爱爱爱爱爱  爱爱爱
    爱爱爱  爱   爱爱  爱爱  爱爱爱
    爱爱爱  爱  爱爱爱  爱爱  爱爱爱
    爱爱爱  爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱    爱爱爱
    爱爱爱  爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱   爱爱爱爱
    爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱爱
    [​IMG]

“爱”means "love",:祈祷: means 'pray'

8. yang

yang Regular Member

9. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

with all due respects Yang, you are acting like a commie propagandist. It well known that Commie Govt in China controls the media and info. If you are not even accepting this simple truth, then I am suspicious of your agenda on this forum.

10. Shiny Capstar

Shiny Capstar Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

What was she saying? (I can't read Chinese or understand it, apart from very very simple Cantonese phrases)

Was what she was posting denying the state control of the media?

11. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

Frankly, I dont know what exactly her point is. But I found one post with two big embellished letters, which are translated by her as LOVE and PRAY. Whenever, there is some criticism of Commie policies in China, she takes this theme of : "dont be blinded by hate/dislike, western media is lying, lets love and unite".
    So, I told her that taking her seriously would be difficult, if she cant even accept the basic truth of media/net control by Commies.

12. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

This is your government's idea of supporting those affected by the earthquake? You cannot force people to show solidarity. People are not sheep, they can think for themselves. What right does the government have to ban entertainment? I don't think everyone is a saint to give up all entertainment a day after a quake, and you can't force him to be one.

13. yang

yang Regular Member

I know that all

Yes,that means "love " and "pray' ,because another 5.12 is coming ,so I want to show my bitterness,and pray for the people are now in paradise. I always know that the strick media control here in China, and I am sure the radia that show the ugly side of China are all real.But ,what I want to show is the sadness and bitterness in people's hearts can't be disguised, and many things can be the evidence-----the tears,the donation,the volunteers....

14. yang

yang Regular Member

first ,I admit the reality of the radios.But that isn't what you think as control the flow of free information. During the earthquake, the information is very open, everytime we open the TVset we can see the newest information came from disater area,and almost every channel was broadcasting rolling news telling us the situation in Sichuan, and many times we even burst into cry when knowing the dead data updated again.
    Our premier Weng Jiabao went to the disater area just two hours after the disater happened.And you may know that it is very dangerous because the signal is cut off ,no one even know what happened there, no body can contact the people in disater area.But Weng ordered the paratroops must enter the area without the direct location.You can compare Weng to Bush,I know the media here is controled by communists,and I can understand their deed to a great extent .And just as my father said:'don't see so many dark sides of the socity,you may lose your faith."'

15. yang

yang Regular Member

You may think the reason why the communists try to control the media is that if the gov let people know the truth of Chinese society ,people would doubt the legitimacy of the present government, and if that happened ,quickly,the communists would lose their leader status.
    I think there maybe has something related to the leadership,but that is not the main reason, and China isn't N-Korea. N-Korea isn't true communism, it is feudalism, even in today the people in N-Korea are still lied by the N-Korean gov,and many times our Chinese may find it very funny to see that the people of N-Korea think North Korean leader Kim Jong Il is god, and when they see him maybe just in the picture,they would in tears.Very funny, and what Kim has done for the people there,he is so fat ,but his people even can't defend starvation and cold, so many N-Korean tried to enter China ,that is why we have to support N-Korea,for if its gov collapse ,a large scale of refugees would enter China ,and that is a disater to China.

16. yang

yang Regular Member

Yes,a little people showed their displeasure,but the consequence of them are very sad,they were cursed and consulted on the Internet,and most people support the decision a lot ,the web are in grey ,but we can still use it ; we should stop our cars stop our feet ,keep silent for 3 minutes to show our sad of the disater,that won't have big impact on people's daily life.

17. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

I'm not convinced by all that you have to say. Sounds like someone well trained in a CCP school.

18. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

Yusuf, most of these new generation Chinese staunchly defend their country, and by extension, the CCP, because of 6 decades of propaganda they've been fed. Since birth, they've been fed stories of the great CCP and how everything it does for China is 100% right. When they become adults, it becomes hard for them to suddenly go out into the world and find out that things are not as rosy as the CCP claims. But they've been fed so much propaganda that even after discovering these new things, they dismiss them as inconsequential or infrequent.

Somewhat like our Pakistani brethren-Ideologically brainwashed, but only ten times stronger because in China, the CCP controls everything. No wonder they're allies lol.

19. MMuthu

MMuthu Regular Member

I cannot understant what you are speaking, There was Tsunami in India, The BBC was present within 2 hours in the spot, Almost every news channel in the world is present in India in the short span of time. Is the Premier of the country to be present with in 2 hours a big deal?

20. yang

yang Regular Member

not as you think,I say he fly to the disaster area just 2 hours after the earthquake happened.

21. MMuthu

MMuthu Regular Member

Still is it a big issue, Do you think he has any other big problems to solve than the Earth Quake, Why the foriegn media is not allowed inside the Quake site?

In India if some one harass a girl, It will be a big issue in media within 2 hours. I don't understand.