The Truth about the WS-10

Do u think china could develop Supercruise engines for J20?

• Total voters

shiphone

Country flag
fact is the fact, you don't know doesn't mean it isn't there. As a man ,you'd better learn to be responsible for your words and discuss with reliable evidence not own wishful thinking.

we are discussing here to get closer to the truth of the matter and clear the air..
---------------------------------------
2 weeks ago...MP forum, Chinese Military Photos(new thread) - Page 187

PLA Navy AF No.10.jet of No.4 Div...BLOCK 02 J11B with WS10

the number of other one is unknown(might be 05)

----------------------------------------
5 months ago .

PLA Navy AF No.08.jet of No.4 Div...BLOCK 01 J11BS with WS10

No.41285 (Block 1 J11BS with WS10 ).PLAAF ,No. 37.Div

Last edited:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Oh man.....I just wish that the Chinese were more like the Indians. In India if the local industry produces a half-baked indigenous defense equipment tthat the Army or the IAF rejects.....the politicians and beaurocrats keep turning on the screws until the Army or the IAF gives up and buys a few to
save face.

In China they just tell the local industry NO.
Oh! you just took too much authority talking about something you probably know nothing about! FYI, Indian politicians/Ministers and Bureaucrats (locally called Bubus for a particular reason) are infamous for corruption. And when you import some defense hardware through all these typical selection process, people in decision making authority (ministers and bureaucrats) earns bags and bags full of kickbacks through middleman (locally called DALAL or DALLAS) and for this very reason this duo never allowed India have a desired defense industry. Furthermore, contrary to your beliefso many indigenous projects were killed and are in process of being killed by this duo, all for the keeping stream of kickbacks flow smoothly.

* DALAL or DALLAS are unparliamentary words and considered abusive.

cw2005

Please. discuss like an educated man...shame on you

would you please figure out the the unit number, location ,pics or anyting about the SECOND J11B regiment with AL31 engine besides the PLAAF No.1 regiment of No.1 devision ...

the video is about the PLAAF No.1 regiment. which is well know as the first and only regiment equipped with the BLOCK 01 J11Bs with AL31F in China.
My friend, it is fun to have all kind of opinion from member of different thinking. You could not expect everyone accepts your thinking. If other member has some saying disagree with you, just leave it.

shiphone

Country flag
we are discussing here to get closer to the truth of the matter and clear the air..
as I said above

Of course we can verify, but the burden of references is on the poster, not the reader. This is the decorum.
:lol:I was well educated by someone here a month ago.,although I found loads of conclusion and comments were created without any basic knowledge on this forum....

as saying goes,arrogant and prejudice is out of ignorant...I thought we all should take this as a warning

----------------------------

the forth regiment of J11B with WS10

revealed about half a year ago

No 40719 PLAAF No.30 Div.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
fact is the fact, you don't know doesn't mean it isn't there. As a man ,you'd better learn to be responsible for your words and discuss with reliable evidence not own wishful thinking.

---------------------------------------
2 weeks ago...MP forum, Chinese Military Photos(new thread) - Page 187

PLA Navy AF No.10.jet of No.4 Div...BLOCK 02 J11B with WS10

the number of other one is unknown(might be 05)
I hate to break it to you but those are AL-31Fs. WS-10A doesn't stick out that much and the nozzle is metallic silver.

shiphone

Country flag
I hate to break it to you but those are AL-31Fs. WS-10A doesn't stick out that much and the nozzle is metallic silver.
oh, again........another deny without any reading or basic knowledge?

right in the very first post in this thread

difference in visuals of AL 31F & ws_10
so...if these are AF31F, then there are more than 2 regiments of J11Bs with AL31 egines? 3,,4,5 or 6?how many then?... LOL

Last edited:
Country flag
Can any Chinese members provide a real/credible link showing China has single crystal blade technology??

shiphone

Country flag
single crystal superalloy melt has developed for 5 generations in the world...and these two table of Gen.s were picked in an very old paper in 1990s.

chinese first Gen: DD3 research completed in 1990s

one of the papers about this melt

1st Gen.

美=USA 英=UK 法=France 俄=Russia 中=china 日=Japan

------------------------------------------------------
chinese second Gen: DD6 research completed in early 2000s
third Gen: DD9

DD8 and DD10 for the Heavy Gas turbo and shipborn turbo

2-5 Gen in the world

-----------------------------------------------------
the single crystal blade of TAIHANG WS10 engine publiced in News.

public date :2007 May

单晶合金叶片=single crystal blade 太行=TaiHang WS10

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
more models of single crystal superalloy melt

DD3,DD4,DD6,DD8,DD402 mentioned in this table , they are developed by three different institutes.

AS I know, the development of the 3rd Gen. single crystal superalloy melt began before 2000. the forth Gen. project in 2003. we have no further info about it.
(just for your reference only, no more links here coz it's sensitive)

Last edited:

redragon

Country flag
Armand, now I can forgive you, before I thought you are a real military fan so I have never doubt that you can tell the difference between AL-31Fs and WS-10A, so I thought you denied the facts that PLAAF are flying WS-10A on purpose to mislead other members, so I thought you are a really bad person. So I used some mean words on you.
Now obviously, you can't tell which one is WS-10A, so I know you didn't deny on purpose, you simply don't know, I will forgive you for those wrong posts. However, I can't take you serious anymore, I will not respond to you anymore, because you are not worth the time, you are not qualified. Have fun

Vladimir79

Professional
You can't really tell in the first picture as it is too hazy. The second picture is WS-10 but it isn't a close-up of the first. One thing I have noticed is that the field units of J-11B that are active are painted dark grey while the research units are painted near white grey. The WS-10 engine is interchangable with any of the J-11Bs so marking tail numbers means nothing. You are right that until a nice line of dark grey J-11Bs is shown with WS-10A is when we will know it is accepted into service. Don't let them fool you with their cherry picked and cropped photos.

Vladimir79

Professional
I had the pics of these 4 regiments of J11B with WS 10,one of which could be found in my post @11:48AM...show your evidence please.
Honestly, if there are 4 regiments, nearly 100 aircraft, with WS-10s I would think you could find a line picture of them with their engines. It is your responsibility to show that it is real as he did show an entire regiment of J-11Bs with our turbofans and even you showed two lines of engineless planes.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You can't really tell in the first picture as it is too hazy. The second picture is WS-10 but it isn't a close-up of the first. One thing I have noticed is that the field units of J-11B that are active are painted dark grey while the research units are painted near white grey. The WS-10 engine is interchangable with any of the J-11Bs so marking tail numbers means nothing. You are right that until a nice line of dark grey J-11Bs is shown with WS-10A is when we will know it is accepted into service. Don't let them fool you with their cherry picked and cropped photos.
Mate, I am not fooled. I keep asking for a simple picture but Chinois are unable to produce the definitive proof that shows it is in service. They just bought hundreds of engines from you a few months ago so it is obvious to me that WS-10 is not in active service.

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
Mate, I am not fooled. I keep asking for a simple picture but Chinois are unable to produce the definitive proof that shows it is in service. They just bought hundreds of engines from you a few months ago so it is obvious to me that WS-10 is not in active service.
US bought every thing from China. so, US can't produce anything?LOL

no smoking

Country flag
Well, Chinese airforce has more than 600 planes already equipted with russia engines. Based on the public information, WS-10 was a copy of US engine with different size and internal structure comparing to Russian engine. Don't you think it is wiser to buy new russian engines for these planes instead ot sending them back to factory for complex adjustment?

redragon

Country flag
Russian engines are crappy, they got wasted in short period, China has to replace those engines 2-3 times before it retire the fighters. To avoid step into the trap again in the future is one of main reasons why China using a lot of resources building it's own engines, which now reduced the needs to import from Russia significantly, we can see the hope, and that is the reason why Chinese members here are confidence. Too bad India is still strugling in the scam.

shiphone

Country flag
Honestly, if there are 4 regiments, nearly 100 aircraft, with WS-10s I would think you could find a line picture of them with their engines. It is your responsibility to show that it is real as he did show an entire regiment of J-11Bs with our turbofans and even you showed two lines of engineless planes.
another word player jumping into? wow....it's really not a good place to share the info and get to know the truth of matter together...

and No Pic No Fact again? the great rule apply to others not yourselvs...LOL

I don't think it's necessary to go on this discussion with word players. you guys ,have fun here...

before that I would like to figure out something here.
research units are painted near white grey
those white grey are for PLANany AF , I said this almost in my every post...there are 3 varients with this painting scheme in these pix: land-base: J11B ,J11BS...Shipborn:J15

2 many of chinese member of military forum could tell which regiment or devision this jet belongs to from tail munber. it's interesting ,but I won't go further here...you might find some article about it with google

3.so called hazy pix are good to us...I can't help here ,bless you....you are free to choose to believe or not

4.before your jump-in ,I do suggest that you read my posts. ..4 regiments is upgrading and recieving their new jets and the production in SAC is always on. I won't post all the pics here coz some are sensitive. but those already here are enough supporting my opinion... at least, I did show some evidence , better than those come to conclusions with no source but only two lips and keep asking others for evidence.

5.if you are a russian, I would like to show my full respect to Russian Aviation Industry. it's still the No.2 in the world in my mind despite some setback nowadays.I thought Chinese Aviation industry is still working hard to chasing these front runner like USA, russia and UK and France. as I said 'talk only do nothing' or ' talk a lot do a little' is not very popular in this world. and in china , we do respect those keep doing without many words.

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
keep denying and nonsence without any understanding of the information?

China to buy 123 AL-31FN engines from Russia

2011-07-04 (China Military News cited from bloomberg.com and written by Jack Jordan) -- China's Ministry of Defense signed a contract to buy Russian aircraft engines worth $500 million in early June, Vedomosti reported, citing an unidentified personsource close to Russia's state arms-selling agency and an unidentified manager of an aviation company.

The contract is for 123 AL-31FN engines by 2013, the first 13 of which will be delivered later this year, the newspaper said.
these are AL31Fn varient for J10 serials...and they would be used for new built Block 7 J10s and J10 export version.
the lifetime of old AL31F and AL31Fn are around 900 hours, not very long, isn't it ...but it is extended to 1500 hours after the reproduction by 57XX
factories..

it seems that we are talking about the flying J11B,BS ,and test flying J15 ,J10B with WS10s here.

--------------------
and may I keep asking for a simple picture of the 2nd Regiment equipped with J11B with AL31f besides PLAAF No.1 regiment ?

Quote Originally Posted by Armand2REP View Post
There are only two serving regiments of J-11Bs and they all fly on AL-31Fs.
Get with reality...

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Hey guy, you got four regiments, find us a photo of one with a line of WS-10A. It is a simple thing.

shiphone

Country flag
it's a simlple thing as well for you to find us a photo of the 2nd Regiment equipped with J11B with AL31f besides PLAAF No.1 regiment

---------------
back to something helpful to the topic ... the No.6 J11B or BS of PLA Navy AF spotted in the news...we are sure it arrived in the base on the second largest Island of china .

scanned from newspaper of yesterday...Black and White only.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles