The Truth about Church Attacks in India

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Vishwarupa, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

3. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

4. happy

happy Senior Member Senior Member

I quote from the above link which is very very important.

5. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Not long ago the muslims were treated as pious in this country despite several of them having anti national attitudes. Look at the general perception about them now. Many Hindus seem to side with you only because they have not seen the ugly side of christianity yet, dont make it easy for them to see that. Dont expose your ugly sides by false accusations and false cries of wolves(like the cries over Ghar Whapsi). No one takes the cries of "muslims being persecuted" seriously anymore. Soon no one will give a shit about "christians crying wolf". This is what the article and the line you quoted is saying.

If Christians want to join the same band wagon as the muslims and get the same label as being the anti nationals, they are welcome to do so at their own expense.

sesha_maruthi27, maomao and DingDong like this.
  6. Peter

Peter Senior Member Senior Member

I admit that we should not allow anyone to play the victim card without a valid justification. However if there are genuine grievances they should be looked into.

7. Mad Indian

The key thing being valid grievences, not the over pampered shit the Churches think they are entitled to

sesha_maruthi27 and maomao like this.
  8. genius

genius Regular Member

While the grievances of Hindus are understandable, it is equally true that orgs like rss, vhp etc. have always had a primitive, regressive ideology. Their leaders have often spoken ill of minorities, women, etc., so when bad things happen to minorities, people automatically associate those bad things with the fanatical hindu orgs. It is only reasonable, isn't it?

9. happy

I think you are voicing your concerns on the wrong platform...that is, if you are speaking in generalized terms.

Coming to 'ghar whapsi', I strongly believe that any conversion to or from any religion should not be coerced in any manner. I honestly don't give a shit about all the brouhaha over ghar whapsi. If I am faced with that kind of decision, I would gladly lose my life than save it. But, I cannot and will not speak for others.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  10. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

Not sure about the general Christian population in India, but the clergy has clearly sent a message that their souls belong to Vatican and expect the west to come to their rescue in this "conversion war". Last night on HT debate the RSS guy asked why do Christians love "Conversion" and hate "Ghar Wapsi", the Christian priest and the activist on the panel ignored the Q.

Let us not forget to notice that so far the attacks are targetted mostly towards the Missionaries and their Infrastructure, but if they wish to turn it into Christians vs Hindu Right Wing, it will get interesting.

Mad Indian and maomao like this.
  11. happy

There are extremes in all religions and beliefs. Any incident good or bad should be taken with a pinch of salt. Just my opinion.

12. happy

No one is here to change the world. If there is something right to someone, there will always be someone else who opposes it. All conflicts in between are with vested interests on both sides.

13. DingDong

One word: DITTO

Prejudice is not a copyright of minorities. The Majority is entitled to it's own set of prejudices in such case.

14. cobra commando

cobra commando Tharki regiment Veteran Member Senior Member

15. happy

From the above link.....Is Indian Express now a Christian organization?

16. Mad Indian

I just answered your post highlighting the particular point. If Christians cry wolf enough times, then no one will give a ---- about them soon, just like no one gives a damn about muslims in trouble now.

And I actually enjoy these Church dramas. It will help several Hindus to wake upto the ugly side of Christianity that much faster. I dont want the recent drama to end. Hindu nationalists wins regardless - it might take some time but the goal will be reached

17. Mad Indian

How many % of Hindus believe that Christians are worshipping Satans and should be prostelysed vs how many % of Christians who believe that Hindus are worshipping Satans and should be prostelysed.

Conclusion - all religions and all religious followers are not the same or equal

18. happy

:thumb:

IMO, I guess centuries of bearing with the ugly side of Hinduism is forcing people to look for greener pastures elsewhere.

19. happy

I never said they are equal or same. Btw, by all the %ages, what do u intend to say?

20. DingDong

More comments of this kind will help the Right Wing in it's mission "Expose Missionaries". Please carry on. So far nobody noticed John Dayal kinds because they functioned in stealth mode thanks to the conducive environment provided by the secular governments. Thanks to the Ghar Wapsi, the real intentions of such people are now exposed.

How can they defend "Conversion" and protest against "Ghar Wapsi" in same breath without sounding like hypocrites? Ghar Wapsi has achieved it's goal.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  21. happy

I suggest you read up before ranting. What I posted is in direct reply to someone else. There is nothing right wing or left wing involved here.