The Syrian Crisis

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What is the ground swell of anti govt movements in Iran?

Would the Iranian public be against the Iran govt for going to the assistance of a fellow Shia being cornered by the Sunni Arab League members, assisted by the West?

pmaitra

i see 0 problem here evil crazy Sunni Islamic brotherhood and crazy evil shia mullahs at each overs throats

may this continue forever

:cool2:
I am not sure it is a Shia-Sunni issue with Assad. His wife, Asma, is from a Sunni family and has recently voiced support for her husband.

However, sectarian causes are often cited to get people on one's side.

Could be a mixture of both.

Iamanidiot

If shit hits the fan in Syria can Israel handle the refugees .Refugees are a bigger problem than Assad they alter the demographic

pack leader

Professional
If shit hits the fan in Syria can Israel handle the refugees .Refugees are a bigger problem than Assad they alter the demographic
:rofl: the Golan is the worlds biggest mine field only stupid refuges will try to cross
all non druze refuges will be shot as enemy spy

Iamanidiot

:rofl: the Golan is the worlds biggest mine field only stupid refuges will try to cross
all non druze refuges will be shot as enemy spy
Pack leader you are an army chap and If you have seen refugees I have seen once at a border the risk these guys take.The refugees mothers and children are the hardest to handle. Mothers may move first and get blowed up so that kids can cross the border peacefully never underestimate something called love it makes people do insanely crazy things .These Arab Springs seems to have created problems for Israels security on all sides

pack leader

Professional
Pack leader you are an army chap and If you have seen refugees I have seen once at a border the risk these guys take.The refugees mothers and children are the hardest to handle. Mothers may move first and get blowed up so that kids can cross the border peacefully never underestimate something called love it makes people do insanely crazy things .These Arab Springs seems to have created problems for Israels security on all sides
i have yet to see 1 successful Arab refuge making it to Israel we should thank the gods that they demonize use on TV
only Christian and druze will be accepted(in limited numbers ) the rest will be sent back or shot
we are in official state off war with Syria and have no legal obligation to accept a single syrian citizen

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
15,000 elite Iranian special-ops 'head' to Syria
The regime of Bashar al-Assad in Syria is expecting up to 15,000 Iranian troops to help maintain order in the country's provinces, a Chinese newspaper reports. Iran has yet to confirm or deny the news.According to the central Chinese daily Renmin Ribao, the Iranian special task troops are due to be deployed in Syria's key provinces.
The Syrian opposition announced earlier that commander of Iran's elite Quds Force, Qassem Suleimani, advises the Syrian authorities on quashing the country's opposition movement, the Telegraph newspaper reports.According to the Israeli daily Haaretz, the Quds Force includes 15,000 elite soldiers, who operated in Iraq and other wars on foreign soil. The Quds is reportedly in charge of training and funding Hezbollah.
The number of advisers and troops from the Quds in Syria could reach up to high hundreds or low thousands, the Telegraph reports. The newspaper said that they have set up at least one military base near the capital Damascus.Official Tehran has neither confirmed nor refuted the news of its military participation in Syria. However, according to the head of the country's state news agency Mehr, it is not in Iran's plans to send any military contingent to the country."As far as I know there is not and will not be any program to dispatch Iranian military troops to Syria," Reza Moghadasi told in his interview to Voice of Russia radio station.
Israeli website debka.com announced earlier that the UK and Qatari forces are involved with the conflict in Syria, directing tactics of the opposition forces in the bloody battle for Homs. According to the website, the presence of the foreign troops topped the agenda of talks Russia's foreign intelligence chief Fradkov and Foreign Minister Lavrov held with Assad's officials on Tuesday.
Syrian tanks and Assad's troops reportedly massed outside Homs on Friday. A large offensive is expected to hit the city and its neighborhood in the nearest future.Up to 110 people have reportedly been killed in Homs on Thursday. As of yet, it is impossible to verify the number of casualties.
If GCC make a direct move on Iran, Can it agitate the Shias of the region in their respective countries to take on the local Government? I have been of this opinion that is what going to be the end game but it would be better if I am wrong. It is time for these egotistic maniacs to step back and think of human life which is above their ego's.

Tronic

If GCC make a direct move on Iran, Can it agitate the Shias of the region in their respective countries to take on the local Government? I have been of this opinion that is what going to be the end game but it would be better if I am wrong. It is time for these egotistic maniacs to step back and think of human life which is above their ego's.
You forget the Shias already took on the GCC armies and were put down by brute force.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
I have not forgotten the help of KSA Army to quell the uprising in Baharein, that is why we have to look at the on going verbal rhetoric and missile firing exercises being carried on by Iran. Iran is sending wrong signals to nations in the neighbourhood. If we look at the history of weapon development no other country makes so much noise as much as Iran does. I fail to understand, what will be gained by this king of behaviour?

If there is another uprising by Shias, will that be put down again? If yes can this push Iraq in to the war against her Sunni nations? I am quiet sure USA and her allies must have taken this into consideration while putting pressure on Iran? Is the pressure on Iran a coverup for some other agenda that USA and Israel might have on their drawing board? I and many of us can only speculate on the end game.

ashicjose

Syria is shia ruled country where majority are sunny and Iran will not let his one and only middle east friend to go.
Sunny muslims considers the shia the biggest enemy above even Jews.
The news of S.F if true then its going to be a big headache for Israel considering any military strikes in Iran.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Assad will kill every body in Syria

Make no mistake he is the next Hitler

ashicjose

I mean the way they are investing, developing and trying to modernize their military.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
He sure seems so. He didn't pay heed to repeated urges for restrain in violence. Consequently India favored the latest UN resolution on Syria after declining the previous ones. But China-Russia veto again sent it to trash bin. Hope the blood shed ends soon, resolution or no resolution.
I don't think the Iranian SF will help the situation.

Regards,
Virendra

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

If someone like naxals were being supported from outside to topple the govt then id hope the govt kills each and every one of them. No matter what it takes.

These same western news channels cry human rights in kashmir whenever terrorists are killed....why dont you scream hitler hitler from the roof topes then ?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Or Stalin. Or Mao Zedong. Or Pol Pot.

Hitler always gets the credit.

It's those dashing Nazi uniforms I tell you.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Come to think of it, there probably are real WWII Nazis in Damascus today.

pankaj nema

Country flag
If someone like naxals were being supported from outside to topple the govt then id hope the govt kills each and every one of them. No matter what it takes.

These same western news channels cry human rights in kashmir whenever terrorists are killed....why dont you scream hitler hitler from the roof topes then ?

Your knowledge of Syria is shameful and you are an elite member here

Assad is killing the MAJORITY Sunni Muslims to protect his community and his family's rule

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Your knowledge of Syria is shameful and you are an elite member here

Assad is killing the MAJORITY Sunni Muslims to protect his community and his family's rule
so what ? he is killing wahabi terrorists. day in and day out you dream that goi would do the same to geelani and other isi walas...dont be hypocrite.

my knowledge is not on the short end of the stick. speaking of knowledge do you even know what these "innocent civilians" are doing ?

pankaj nema

Country flag
The entire Arab Muslim world is right now polarised along Shia Sunni lines because of what is happening in
Syria

Assad belongs to Shia Alawite community which rules Syria but has only 12 % of Syria's population

Global Defence

New threads

Articles