The Sikh soldier who will be the first to guard Buckingham Palace

Tronic

I have not said that the British Sikhs are wanting a Sikh Regt.

You are saying so.
You're kidding me. I thought you atleast had an idea on the topic you were talking about, but I guess not. Next time, a little research helps before throwing around some weighted opinions. I'll help you out here:

-Sikh leaders had informed Army recruitment officers that they could easily find enough volunteers to form a 700-strong regiment. However, despite the infantry being under strength by 3,000 soldiers, the offer was rejected.
-Leaders of Britain's 500,000 Sikhs were supportive of the idea of a new regiment, arguing that it would be no different from the Scots, Welsh and Irish Guards or the Royal Gurkha Rifles, which recruits exclusively from Nepal and which is regarded as a model infantry regiment.

link: Sikh regiment dumped over 'racism' fears - Telegraph

As for the "comments by British Officers", try this:

A senior Army officer said: "The MoD has missed a golden opportunity in not tapping into the Sikh community's desire to form a regiment. It's nonsense to suggest this would amount to segregation and since when did the CRE dictate Britain's defence -policy?"
The decision will also dismay Prince Charles, who has expressed an interest in the creation of dedicated units to boost the number of people from ethnic minorities in the services and to harness the military tradition of the Sikh faith in particular.

link: Sikh regiment dumped over 'racism' fears - Telegraph

Sikhs have no problems with their beard or turbans or with masks for NBC Warfare.

How pathetic can you get to somehow weasel in ridiculous arguments totally devoid of reality to forcibly push your point of view.
Forcibly push my point of view? Again, do some research before throwing accusations of weaseling around on others. The gas mask argument is not my argument, it's the argument made by Western armies; mainly the US Army, which had banned bearded Sikhs from serving for almost 30 years.

"I was told there were two challenges to allow Sikhs in the military. The first was that we could not put the Kevlar helmet on our heads, which I do every day," the captain said. "The second thing was fitting the gas mask properly."
Sikh Soldiers allowed to serve, retain their articles of faith | Article | The United States Army

Are you suggesting that the Sikh soldiers of the Indian Army do not have beards and turbans and still wear the NBC equipment with masks?

That is the most inane and ridiculous argument I have heard.

Please keep to facts and not let your imagination run wild.
You're the one who sounds ridiculous as this is not imagination but real challenges which Sikhs have had to fight to enlist in Western armies. Know what you are speaking about before going on a tirade.

What is so surprising?

They are good soldiers.

You are coming out like the Chinese posters who showcase their glories but do not see reality.

Now, tell me Candian Sikhs who are soldiers do not have beard or turbans and so not wear NBC kit with mask?

Does that not prove you are wasting everyone's time with silly jingoistic claptrap?[

You're shooting helter skelter in the dark now without having an idea of what you're talking about.

If for the British army the beard, turban and the gas mask is an inhibitor as you claim for low numbers, how is it OK for the Canadians having the same battlefield?

Are you not being silly and wasting everyone's time?[ /B]
Nope, you are wasting my time for talking on a subject you obviously know nothing about. It's not me you have to convince about the gas masks, it's the Western officers.

They are not from the horse's mouth till I hear them from the horse's mouth.

Go and ask them and not some fogey of the Raj days!
But than anyone who agrees with me would be a "fogey of the Raj days" to you, so it's impossible to win this one. :laugh: Such a sport you are.

Just debunked your silly argument where you separate Pakistanis from Muslim.
You didn't debunk shit! The Pakistanis can atleast make an argument to being an ethnic group, "Muslims" in general, cannot.

I am beyond prejudice.

Born and brought up in a egalitarian surroundings and so was it in my work place professionally.
Yeh, it shows...

Thank you for attributing the links that I used as proof as those that I myself wrote.

Likewise, I organised all those events and facts in the links, right?

How pathetic can you get?
Apparently, not as pathetic as you. I already conceded to the facts in the links, just not your BS.

What tripe.

Your posts were encompassing the world or the British Army?

Weasels are less meandering to escape!
They are encompassing ethno-religious groups with a militaristic history in the British army. And yes, I can definitely see your point about the weasels from your tripe filled post.

Since you claim to be an expert on Britain and British Army, may I suggest that you learn English first and that too English similes and figures of speech?

It is not 'apples and oranges'. It is 'chalk and cheese'!
Ahhh.. fall back on the good ol' rhetoric!

Living in Mars?

Or flushed with money as the modern Sikh entrepreneur and not a soldier?
No matter what the case, how do I figure in with your financial issues?

Require knowledge of music to fathom the similarity.
Rather, require knowledge of the topic to know what you're talking about.

Not your mate really.
I'll definitely concede you that.

Haven't got down to the British working class language yet.
That's fine, just let us know when you decide to pull your head out of the clouds and come down to reality.

No one switches.

World is a global village.
Glad to see you keeping up with the times.

You object to my globe trotting?
Naah, rather glad for it.

Since you have nothing substantial to state apart from delirious meandering, I will give your posts on this issue a go by. I have proved that you are talking out of your hat and you are steeped in history and totally divorced from reality and you are incapable of backing your delirious claptrap with links!
That's what I thought. Bail out from a sinking ship. Adios! I have wasted enough of my time here already!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles