The sham of solidarity - the Award returnee brigade

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by jackprince, Oct 30, 2015.

1. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

http://www.opindia.com/2015/10/scientists-slam-award-wapsee-call-it-a-mere-show/
    Scientists slam Award Wapsee, call it a mere “show”
    OpIndia Staff / October 30, 2015 / Reports
    Even as scientist P M Bhargava has declared that he will return his Padma Bhushan award, other scientists have come out and slammed the Award Wapsee brigade. Bhargava, who had received his Padma Bhushan from the Rajiv Gandhi Government just 2 years after the 1984 Sikh pogrom, has saidthat he will return this award in protest of “growing intolerance in the country”.
    Besides being a scientist, Bhargava has been part of the “civic society” movement on many occasions. In 2011, he was part of a banner called the “National Alliance of Peoples’ Movements”, along with former NAC member Aruna Roy, and current Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal. In 2013, he signed a letter which was released by AAP, which supported Kejriwal’s “civil disobedience movement”.

On the other hand, two scientists have come out and taken an opposite stand. Physicist Bikash Sinha who is himself a Padma Bhushan awardee has said that returning awards in such a manner is “an insult to the country. He further said that such a charade of returning awards will not solve the problem. Instead, he said the awardees should show their protest in some other form and attack the source of the problem.

[​IMG]

Along with him, former chairman of ISRO and Padma Bhushan awardee G Madhavan Nair, has termedthe Award-Wapsee routine a mere “show“. He said that awards are mostly given to people for their life-time achievements and “you cannot belittle that (by returning them). The individuals should be proud that the nation has honoured them and that (award) stays with them until they leave this world.”

He slammed the behaviour of scientists and writers saying “Matured people like scientists and writers should not react like this; they should respond constructively. We have to be pro-active and take corrective action rather that making such….I will say it’s only a show

He said that a few incidents can happen in a large country like India, and for the Government cannot be held responsible for the same. When asked about the timing of the protests, he said: “There could be some political agenda (in returning the awards). It cannot be ruled out. There are always some people following some philosophy or the other. There could be some political motives also behind that,”

He said the issue was being “over-hyped and ” because of the large publicity through electronic media and also through social media” it is spreading like wild fire. He further said that such action “only creates news for one day” and serves no purpose, and instead of this, people should talk to the “concerned people“, convince them and bring them back to “normal stream”.

I think all the award returning sham needs to be put on a single thread so we can keep track of this thingy.

@Sakal Gharelu Ustad @sob

3. Ankit Purohit

Ankit Purohit Senior Member Senior Member

What a waste of degree................idiots .

They have insulted president of India

OneGrimPilgrim and Screambowl like this.
  4. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

What next Self Immolation or drowning in Sea? or will they leave India if the society remains the same.

Good Job Modi!!

OneGrimPilgrim, maomao, VIP and 4 others like this.
  5. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

What a great idea. In fact that would be much more preferable. these parasites have eaten india for far too long. Let them kill themselves and stop wasting oxygen

OneGrimPilgrim, maomao and jackprince like this.
  6. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

Their faces must be washed with black ink too. They have disrespected the award which nation has given them.
    But it's good, now we know who are the think tanks and brain behind intellectual subversion of India. They are now Marked!!!

7. Nicky G

Nicky G Senior Member Senior Member

Even a little child can see through the selective outrage, the issue is that BJP has no media ecosystem to counter the direct and naked propaganda.

They are either not interested in winning or believe these measures to be in-effective. Lets wait and see how Bihar plays out.

As long as they keep wining elections, they are atleast minimally competent, tough obviously still a let down. If they can't even manage that, this country is done for.

Nah... these cowards won't even return the main benefits from these awards. They are just willing political and geo-political tools.

I remember some retarded writer down south who claimed he would leave India if Modi became PM. I recall people even sent him tickets post the results. :rofl:

8. Nicky G

Never looked at this lady.. what's her politics? Though, even if she is not RW, she is right on this.

[​IMG]

9. Ankit Purohit

Ankit Purohit Senior Member Senior Member

Bollywood is Full of Hypocrite.

Screambowl likes this.
  10. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Still no one from Bollywood to condemn the hypocrisy. So sad and so pathetic!

11. Vishwarupa

[​IMG]

I was also thinking on the same line, they should organise events across India where all these Sycophants err sorry Hypocrites oh sorry writer/artist/scientists can return their award & cash( what ever benefits tangible & intangible) back to Government of India.

12. Nicky G

I heard Anupam Kher tried but he'll be drowned out by the MSM noise.

BJP itself seems disinterested in fighting back. They don't seem capable of even organizing a press conference and making their stance clear by calling out the blatant hypocrisy of these B'wood trash.

13. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

It is good that these people are returning their awards. It means these awards never meant them anything, and that they were undeserving anyway. Haha, even Sachin got a Ratna, so we know very well how these awards can be had.

OneGrimPilgrim and maomao like this.
  14. Bornubus

Bornubus Senior Member Senior Member

If a low life and a 3rd class actor like Saif Ali could be Padma Awardee then what's the big deal if few liberal slaves of seculars and congress are returning their award.

OneGrimPilgrim, maomao and A chauhan like this.
  15. thethinker

thethinker Senior Member Senior Member

FM is spot on. Anyone sane can see the day in day out atrocity propaganda that baazaru media is indulging in ever since new govt is in place.

The statement by FM only confirms what most of sane aam junta suspected/knows - a well organised nexus between presstitutes, has-been intellectual/literature personalities and other vested interests working overtime to show India as intolerant under Modi to stifle growth.

PM Narendra Modi Has Been Worst Victim of Ideological Intolerance: Arun Jaitley
    Updated: November 01, 2015 17:22 IST

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pm-n...arun-jaitley-1238701?pfrom=home-lateststories

New Delhi: Turning tables on the Congress and Left thinkers, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley today accused them of practising "ideological intolerance" towards the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Prime Minister Narendra Modi and trying to project India as an intolerant society through "structured and organised propaganda".

Mr Jaitley also appealed to "every well-wisher of India and the present government" not to make statements that could vitiate the atmosphere and obstruct growth.

"While the government led by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi is trying to accelerate India's growth, there are many who have never intellectually accepted the idea of the BJP being in power. This obviously includes the Congress, many Left thinkers and activists. Over decades they have practiced ideological intolerance towards BJP," Mr Jaitley said in a Facebook post.

He further said that "since 2002, the Prime Minister himself has been the worst victim of these ideological intolerance".

"Their strategy is twofold. Firstly, obstruct Parliament and do not permit reforms which will bring credit to Modi Government. Secondly, create, by structured and organised propaganda, an environment that there is a social strife in India. They wish to project India as an intolerant society."

The truth is otherwise, Mr Jaitley said, adding the perpetrators of this propaganda had never allowed alternative viewpoints to grow in either universities, academic institutions or cultural bodies which they controlled. "Their intolerance extends to not accepting an alternative ideological pole."

As regards alleged lynching of a man in Dadri, he said that it was a "stray incident". "It was both unfortunate and condemnable. The guilty will be taken to task."

Notwithstanding such aberrations, the finance minister stressed "India remains a highly tolerant and liberal society. Our cultural values have imbibed co-existence. India has repeatedly rejected intolerance. It does not respond to provocations.

"It is, therefore, incumbent upon every well-wisher of India and the present government to make sure that no action or statement of his provides a tool in the hands of those who want to obstruct India's growth story. The obstructers have a simple plan - if they can't fight politically, they fight with hostile propaganda," he said.

16. Indibomber

Indibomber Regular Member

Sir, secular Iraq and Syria bhejo do...kyu oceans gande karne hain?

maomao likes this.
  17. Vishwarupa

SIMPLIFIED DETAILS of the Award Wapsi gang and its SINISTER DESIGN by Dr Gaurav Pradhan. Read all 40 points.

1. Learnt that GOI intelli investigated ‪#‎AdarshLiberals‬ & primary suggest that US-Saudi-pak were involved. A International PR firm was hired.

2. It started when few Sr congi's + JNU Prof + Sr Journo+ Sahityakar's met and these writers etc were convinced to use Dadri incident as fool proof issue.

3. The 1st meeting was held at JNU and later at India Internation Cen & habitat center. I did tweeted about RAMDAS at IIC coffee shop & I saw him. Admiral Ramdas - AAP leader/ Magsaysay award winner. I dont want to comment more on the Ramon Magsaysay award. Yes Kejriwal too has won it. WIFE Lalita Ramdas - India Head of Greenpeace International now asked to windup activities in Inda. DAUGHTER Kavita Ramdas - India head of Ford Foundation .. FF is is known for destabilizing governments across the Globe. FF is also come under HEAVY STRUTINY from the idian Govt.

4. At first these Sahityakar were reluctant to fall in line due to fear of -ve reaction but then they were narrated about the favors from INC.

5. They were shown how they got awards, favors, threat from Modi & fund shortage Later Nayantara was introduced. And was made to lead protest. Nayantara Sahgal - Daughter of PUNd** nehru's sister
    She has a Daughter Gita Sahgal - Head Amnesty International ... AI voices "Human Rights Issues" in Kashmir.

6. NAYANTARA was the turning point due to NEHRU connection and all were promised full backing of Media, Congress & international opportunity.

7. After Nayantara assurance all who were getting funds for their NGOs from overseas and under GOI Investigation & drying up funds agreed.

8. Globally 150 writers & journos were hired to write article on‪#‎AwardWapsi‬ & to build image of India as " INTOLERANT" nation under Modi.

9. To promote & divert in benifit of Pak-US-Saudi etc, Ford & GreenP hired an international PR firm and millions are invested as fee & benefits.

10. If U recall Writers, Poets, Narayanan Murthy's and Film-makers. They all used one word which is common in every statement " INTOLERANT".

11. " INTOLERANT" was the word which rang my alarm bells. bcoz how its possible ALL use same word even when caught off guard for comment?

12. Bihar election is just BONUS. start point, US-PAK-Saudi want to STOP India's efforts to secure UNSC Seat. Not surprising Congress is the party.

13. If you READ & follow article on Modi foreign policy on newsworldindia.in U will C international understand & why congi unhappy

14. did US-Pak-SA came from somewhere without any Jaichand, NO. last year a meeting among NAC, PIMPs & KSA envoy took place in DEL Farmhouse

PIMPs = Journalists who do not care for truth, but would do anything for TRP's, Power and Funds.

15. Don't B surprised, Natwarlal was in meeting. To STOP UPS (US pak Saudi) working together. they want india 2B projected as INTOLERANT.

16. UPS designed Chakraviyu of "Human Rights" 2 project INDIA as a country INTOLERANT to other religions, a Hindu terror promotor under MODI

17. PR firm, PIMPs are all to take it to world via International Press. I said in 1 of my tweet, BIHAR is just a bonus. Objective 2019 & UN.

18. PROOF before #AwardWapsi, US published a religious report projecting India as INTOLERANT. Obama statement? many BJP neta were quoted

19. SA is Chair of UNHR commission, a PAk friend & very soon with PAK going to question India's human Right violations. WATCH it, its coming

20. If my Info is correct, this report is with MODI govt & as I said in my previous tweets, Modi UAE visit was 1 trump chal 2 counter it.

21. Remember my tweet before MODi visit 2 UAE, i said temple land for Hindus will happen? Y, Unsung hero is Mr Doval. How that's confidential

22. In GOI investigation, it has come up that the PR co has funded many PIMPS, print, TV, writers, film associations & makers in $$s.

23. Condition of funding was "Keep Dadri #AwardWapsi etc alive at all cost till Nov 5 & dig incidents which can B linked even for short term".

24. Remember I said from day 1 Faridabad incident is "Love Triangle" this was SHORT TERM, TRP generator as per this PR company. Now exposed.

25. Now the OBJECTIVE .... 1 if BJP lose Bihar, it will be projected as Govt which is crushing Human Right on International platform including UN.

26. This will STOP make in India & FDI inflow derailing MODI Dev for rest of term.

27 After I exposed him, he deleted his twitter handle. People who doubting my credibility R the one who r either DUMB or trust Bazaru Media.

28. So if Modi lose Bihar, Govt would b seen as crushing HumanRights. will put GOI on back foot & cow, 370, UCC, etc. will B in frozen bag.

29. Remember as per latest reports in west, US is worried about its people driving toward Hinduism & Vatican is worried on Xtian future.

30. Why Pope was in US? Did he came 2 hear India & Pak dev plan at UN?

Remember this? my JOKES have message.. Always.

31. If MODI wins then what? A dangerous game & I tweeted about it before. Major country wide RIOTS so that GOI is busy in it till 2019.

32. To project MODI as an incompetent prime minister who pushed nation into riots and unrest. Hardik Patel was good try but SM & GOI busted it.
    (SM = Social Media)

33. Hope U all remember Doval comment on "Internal Security" in last 2 day. Why? This is why I say all Hindu shouters, trust MODI & have calm.

34. people who r shouting about Ramtemple, cow, etc etc should know, Anti-Nationals are waiting for a spark from U. PLEASE Stop & trust MODI.

35. People who follow me know that I always said RT, 370, UCC will happen BUT in post 2019. GOOD news, MODI Govt is aware & vigil silently.

36. My Conclusion, after Bihar election GOI will go in full throttle 2 counter the notorious design & full investigation of #AwardWapsi gang

37. My humble request 2 all fellow PT. PLS don't fall in TRAP. Exp[ose media, neta, seculars but with FACTS. Check images if they are photoshop.

38. U all are FIRST line of defence to MODI Govt. U voted him for 5 years. TRUST him. He is in surrounded with first & toughest JOB on earth.

39. I am not a FAN or Heater of any Neta, I am embedded to my Nation. Spread the expose via screen shots as i am blocked by ‪#‎Presstitutes‬.

40. JAI Bharat, Long live BHARAT. Its our time to protect Nation @adgpi , Police & @narendramodi & Doval can't succeed without our help.

(Follow him on twitter at the handle @DrGPradhan) PLEASE SHARE MAX

OneGrimPilgrim, sheikular and maomao like this.
  18. Vishwarupa

I dont know if this should be posted here,

Another Congress stooge exposed.

Bihar poll results show people prefer harmony: Dalai Lama
    Terming the incidents of intolerance in India as “occasional acts by a few mischievous people”, the Dalai Lama on Saturday said the Bihar election results had shown that people in a Hindu majority state preferred harmony.

The Nobel Laureate, who was at Lovely Professional University (LPU) here to chair its annual convocation, said this while responding to a question on the increasing intolerance the country.

When asked to elaborate his remarks on Bihar, the Dalai Lama said he wouldn’t comment on Indian politics as he had been the guest of the country for long. “I believe politics should be a technique to serve people effectively and organise people rather than create problems and divide them,” he said. “There may be some mischievous individuals. Some party politics or other interests can be the reason behind unethical happenings. But it should not be taken as the real picture. If I may say so, the Bihar results have shown that a majority of Hindu people still believe in harmony,” he said.

Showering praise on the secular face of India, the Dalai Lama said a few instances should not be taken as a blot on a country that had been practising secularism for more than 2,000 years. “India’s religious harmony is remarkable. And secular ethics have been followed here for more than 2,000 years. I am a Buddhist and Buddhism comes from India. Indians are traditionally our gurus and we are the chelas (followers). The country has recognised secularism not only for all religions but also for non-believers. That’s something unique about India’s secularism,” he said.

About a recent US delegation raising concerns over the freedom of expression in Tibet, the spiritual guru said a few people had raised genuine concerns. “Among Chinese friends also, there are people who have continuously raised this concern. More than 100 articles have appeared in Chinese newspapers that have raised similar concerns on Tibet,” the Dalai Lama said.

Condemns Paris killings

The Dalai Lama condemned the killings in the Friday-night Paris terror attack, “Violence is a reaction by short-sighted, out-of-control people. At 81, I believe it cannot be resolved through prayers or government help. We have to begin the change at individual level and then move on to neighbourhood and society,” he said.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/punja...-dalai-lama/story-XXfUVwCZGmnbYg2rTbXEFK.html

Did Lama say this because India is trying to be close with China or his loyality to congress that is speaking.
    India should not let foreigners speak about our Internal affairs.

19. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

They have taken a battle, now it is Modi's turn to take the war.

20. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

I remember watching a BJP politician one year back, cursing Nehru for creating a discord between Indian and China by letting Tibetans have Government in Exile.

I am not saying I am against Tibetan living in asylum here in India, but I am sharing an incident which suggest that BJP has a different historic perspective vis a vis Sino India relationship. I am sure Tibetans and DL in particular is aware of it.

DL was allowed to live here by Congress-I and for sure he will have a soft corner for them. But in my opinion if I have watched DL couple of times he makes untidy statements at times especially on subjects which are not of his specialization.

This comment is generic and naive on his part as he might have been trying to say something in praise of Hinduism. I strongly believe like many half literates, he has fell pray of media propaganda because going by this logic then Bihari hindu is communal as by sheer voter share BJP is the single largest party in Bihar.

Not to mention just 18 months ago BJP won more than 90 percent LS seats. It can not be a sudden switch over from Communal to peace loving secular in 18 months.

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  21. Vishwarupa

uoting one of the comment from last day- "They screamed that a church was vandalized and
    windows smashed. Then I came to know a bunch of school boys playing cricket had
    smashed the panes and fled.

They cried that a church was set on fire by
    arsonists. Then I came to know a Christmas tree had caught fire due to short
    circuit.

They ranted that a nun was raped and church
    looted. Then I came to know that 4 men from a particular community across the
    border were hired to intimidate the church in a land dispute; apparently no rape
    even took place.

They yelled that 2 children were burnt to
    death by upper caste men in a caste conflict. Then I came to know the children
    were burnt to death in a fit of rage by their own father after he walked into
    his wife in bed with her brother-in-law

They agonized that a man from a particular
    community was killed for eating beef by another community who revere the cow.
    Then I came to know that the cow loving man who found chopped up legs of his
    missing calf in his neighbor's backyard is fighting for his life in hospital
    after being shot by the neighbor's son during the argument and the mob lynching
    happened as a backlash of the firing. While they named one community's man all
    over to leave nobody in doubt, they didn't name the man from the cow loving community.
    Then I came to know the man had a surname that starts with 'Y', and wasn't
    named in order to protect the now legendary M-Y vote bank for Bihar elections.

They said that the software czar of India is
    upset about growing intolerance in India. Then I came to know he has been
    appointed as India Head Of Ford Foundation, the CIA front NGO which has been
    put on a watch list by Home Min and his son had just been replaced from a top
    education advisory board by the Govt after a non-satisfactory IB report.

They said an ageing superstar who plays
    college boy roles at 45, is upset about growing intolerance in India and who
    strangely chose to remain silent when his colleague from South faced bans on
    his movie in 2013. Then I came to know that the superstar has been served 2
    Enforcement Directorate notices in 6 months (last one just 5 days ago) and the
    noose is tightening around him for money laundering in a cricket league and all
    his lobbying with the Govt to save his a** have been rejected.

They said a world renowned sculptor has
    expressed disgust at growing intolerance in India. Then I came to know he was
    referring to France where his art was vandalized and sprayed with hate
    graffiti.

They said a great actor who once in a movie
    said "when a cockroach enters my home I will have to crush it" in
    reference to terrorism by a certain group, has expressed concerns about growing
    intolerance in India. Then I came to know he said no such thing, they simply
    economized with the truth.

A world reknowned Economist and Nobel laureate
    expressed concern at growing intolerance. Then I came to know that he presided
    over the revival of a once great ancient university of India and used the
    opportunity to siphon 2700 crores for a building that looks like a
    sophisticated toilet. The university is in Bihar but this man would sit in
    London and fly first class to Delhi to attend sanitized meetings in 5-star
    hotels with his cronies. The govt ended his party and we hear an enquiry
    committee is about to submit their findings.

A world leading business and economics
    magazine from the UK expressed concern about growing intolerance in India. Then
    I came to know that the magazine is owned by the wife of the above Nobel
    laureate economist.

They alarmed all over that rationalists are
    being killed one after another. Then I came to know all 3 rationalists were
    killed during rule of another govt and that law and order is always a state
    subject. One of them was killed after he slammed the diocese and openly invited
    another Indian living in exile in Finland due to fear of the diocese to return
    back. Oh by the way one of the rationalists 'rational' act was to regularly pee
    on an idol of Lord Krishna and announce to the world.

An eminent historian slammed govt on growing
    intolerance. Then I came to know he was the eminent 'distortian' and
    'hysterian' who white washed our history books for 40 years at Indian Council
    Of Historical Research and deprived generations after generations of young
    impressionable minds of their country's true history. He finds himself replaced
    and irrelevant today.

A global sovereign debt rating agency warned
    India about growing intolerance, something well beyond their mandate. Then I
    came to know it was the back office of this sovereign rater that issued it, not
    the sovereign rater. It was also written by a 24-year old BA-Economics grad
    who's working there since 2012. He just happened to be son-in-law of the above
    'eminent' historian.

The central bank Governor of all people
    noticed the growing intolerance. Then I came to know that his father was
    deported from India many years ago for his links with CIA and the highly
    educated son is on the advisory board of Ford Foundation. I also came to know
    that articles dating back to May-2015 warned about Ford Foundation planning to
    use his services to pressure govt into rolling back the restrictions on it's
    activities in India.

They shouted that several dozen 'noted'
    artists have returned their award as a snub to the government for rising
    intolerance. Then I came to know they didn't return either the trophy or
    citation or the cash.It was a fake announcement designed to stir. I also came
    to know that the award was given by the previous govt, so isn't returning a
    snub to the giver?

They hoarsed endlessly that an eminent Indian
    writer known for exactly 1 book in 2 decades and a great philharmonic orchestra
    conductor are concerned about growing intolerance in India. Then I came to know
    both were awarded by this private news channel as 100-Indians Of The Century in
    a glittering ceremony which was very kindly hosted by the President Of India at
    Rashtrapati Bhavan.

And so goes on the dance of democracy among this incestuous
    cabal called "intellectuals", even as India overtakes US and China in
    FDI for the first time, jumps 32% in brand value, achieves 1 year without a
    single scam and finally completes the seemingly impossible task of construction
    of toilets in every school and college of the country and a bank account for
    every adult."

OneGrimPilgrim and topgear like this.