The RSS Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by JBH22, Jun 12, 2011.

1. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

The RSS' wayward history

Guys let's make this a discussion thread on the RSS kindly stick to facts when discussing do not post calumnious accusations unnecessarily

kseeker, Nagraj, SPIEZ and 5 others like this.
  3. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

My maternal Grandfather was an active member of RSS. He donated lands to the Sangh for establishment of schools and other facilities. But he always voted for Congress till he died a few years ago. I myself attended Saraswati Shishu Mandir till class 5th, after which I joined Montessory School. Never during that period did they instill any hardline thought in any student's mind up to my knowledge. But yes they instilled a great sense of pride and honor about our history, and us being Indians.

4. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

thats strange or oxymoran that your maternal Grandfather an active member of rss voted for congress.

5. sesha_maruthi27

sesha_maruthi27 Senior Member Senior Member

Many people don't know that even Atal Bihari Vajpee and Advani were in Congress. Congress in the time of pre-independence is and was the only powerful political party and all the people from RSS were supporters of the congress.

maomao likes this.
  6. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

You better read up then.

lemontree likes this.
  7. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Why are we even discussing something that divides us Indians along the lines of religion?

8. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Good point Oracle. This thread is a tinderbox of explosives. Just one poster needs to add some spark and you'll see fireworks that will force the MODs to intervene and even close down this thread. :)

9. JBH22

Why hesitate to discuss about this elusive organisation which is daily accused of formenting communalism by eminent "secular and honest" people,political party like Digvijay Singh and Congress.

PS;Read the first post its advise to posters to stick to facts and experiences not to slander

Its as if religious communalism started with the advent of RSS...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  10. sesha_maruthi27

sesha_maruthi27 Senior Member Senior Member

RSS was an organisation in the days of pre-independence which was formed to create unity among all INDIANS. The name itself shows that it is not an communal or religious organisation. One must be a fool or un-educated to say RASHTRIYA SWAYAM SEVAK is religious and communal. First the people must know the meaning of RASHTRIYA SWAYAM SEVAK. I think people and even congress dont know HINDI.

raja696, AbRaj, maomao and 2 others like this.
  11. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

RSS' decision to stay away from competitive politics and concentrate on its evolution as an ideological institution,as it has been now vindicated,probably was a right decision in retrospect.RSS is probably one of the handful of organization from the pre independence era who have managed to preserve its core ideological moorings against the the tide of fast changing times,where political opportunism have completely eroded the need for ideological consistency,the 'Sangh' in that respect must be the 'last of the Mohicans' from the now lost age of the idealism...

While remaining anchored to its roots,the sangh must not miss the opportunity to develop a clear vision of the future,its primary responsibility which is to be at the vanguard of the organizing the Hindu society,as such the importance of developing a political vision cannot be underestimated.The reactivating of the previously dormant interest the sangh has taken in the affairs of BJP is perhaps indicative of this new evolving political outlook of the sangh.

As an organization RSS itself may need some institutional reassessment,The Sangh must develop an identity and expanded social space outside of the Shakas,while the Shaka culture may not be entirely moribund,they are a throw back from a time when means of communication and social organization was rudimentary and archaic.The Sangh must understand that the young Hindu in colleges and corporates houses may not be inclined to reach to the Shakas,the Sangh must in turn reach out to this section o the society.How the sangh reconciles its core organizational character, structured around Sanghatan Shakas acting as centers of Character development,with a rapidly evolving Hindu society not having the time of inclination to turn up at the nearest RSS Shakas...RSS has no other option other than to outgrow its increasingly obsolete 'Shakas'.

maomao and panduranghari like this.
  12. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

Sometimes people need to talk about uncomfortable issues too. Looking away will not help.Anyway, There are a lot of people who may hate the Sangh but then it is one of the few Hindu organizations that has tremendous political influence & still fights for the interests of Hindus in this country.
    There are plenty of divisive organizations & people today in politics and they get talked about often. If talking about the so called secularists and their Great Italian leadership is okay then discussing about The Sangh should not be a problem.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
    mikhail, Nagraj, Mad Indian and 3 others like this.
  13. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

RSS is pre independence old record who has been stuck up on only few slogans and outdated modus operandi. They are bunch of cowards who have no guts to come out in open and claim that they represent the whole hindu population or explain what their ideology is all about to rest of the world.They look like a an organization who is sitting on an ambush and waiting for right opportunity to abduct the core values set by constitution of India after Independence. Their sister concern BJP has failed to work as a united entity many a times when in power, is full of incompetent stake holders who do no know how to work in secretariates, with more compulsion of doing same dangerous popular politics which Congress-I had overdone and finished with; not doing again.

14. JBH22

Definition of coward: A person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.
    Sitting behind your PC and accusing others of being cowards its too easy those who plant bombs in trains or walk with Ak-47 with the intention of killing innocent civilians are cowards not an organisation whose members were always there when India was in trouble.
    If someone wants to know what is RSS join it and make your own opinion if we are to rely on media then we all know what these guys are capable of doing turning lies into truth and vice versa.

Ambush?? They are not a political organisation its more like one created to increase awareness in Hindus and stop them from being herded as cattle. BJP might not be perfect but one thing is for sure they are way better than the incumbent govt who relies on dynasty and definitely as we all know how "honest" they are...

15. hit&run

I want RSS to do better things for Hindus. They are the only non political religious organization when no other religion is operating like they are. Rather than teaching malnourished Hindus about history and Hindu nationalism they should try to teach them how to uplift their living standards. Indians have seen this motherland being humiliated many a times. We lost our glory not because we were not well equipped with weapons but poorly educated about contemporary and future age.

I am a proud Hindu and very well aware about my history and heritage without being taught by some super organization.
    They are cowards because they do not want to play the game by the set rules, which other organizations are playing by. They want to set their own rules and play their own game.

As far as congress I is concerned then i hate them more than BJP or RSS. But congress-I has out smart and out power (BJP) them every time. Which proves that they are bunch of clueless people who have caused more damage to Hindus than doing any good. I do not want Hindus to play victims and being butchered by bombs and AK47s (like you have said) or become street rioters who can only throw bottles on crowds and then become laughing stock.

I want Hindus body language to be confident, actions preemptive and backed up by intelligent leadership who will automatically act as a deterrence against factions who hate Hindus; without assembling at RSS shakhas to cram some nauseating poems with selective glorified history.

Since i have used the Hindu word many a times here i would like say one thing very clearly that this nation can not become united by organized Hindu movement. Advani has learnt it now after initially starting rath yatra, assuming that religion can bring this nation together for any cause. This nation is not an imaginary line but a united entity since time immemorial not because of believers of one religion living here but because of Indianness we all have inherited in our DNA.

Our diversity is our strength, is a reality and RSS should learn it before disposing its duties.

Nagraj likes this.
  16. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

Are you sure about that? Was India one Legal entity before the British took full control?

Whether you like it or not Hinduism and the culture closely associated with Hinduism is a big factor in the unity of this country. What is common between people from southern part of Tamil Nadu and those from Jammu or Himachal? Not even the colour of the skin!

And all this talk about something being inherited in DNA is bit too emotional. There is plenty of regionalism and if this gets out of hand it can become separatism.

What are the states that are or were affected by insurgency in a big way_ J&K, Punjab,Nagaland,Mizoram( probably the only state where we used the Airforce to defeat the separatist movement). All these states do not have Hinduism as the primary religion.

Other than this I agree with everything else you mentioned in your post.

maomao likes this.
  17. hit&run

To defend RSS you are you saying that India is a state at war within? Sorry my friend RSS is trying to brain wash people to hide its failures.

Are you suggesting that people in this part of the world irrespective of their state, cast, religion were never called as Bharatiya since times of Mahabharata.

You are contradicting yourself, if Hindus are the sole reason behind unity of India then why India was never a united entity before British raj being ruled by Hindus.

As far as insurgencies in different states is concerned then it would be a gross generalization to accuse other religions. Every insurgency has a different reason behind it and the reason are more socio-political than religious, go figure out. Why there is no insurgency in Punjab today when Sikhs are still in majority numbers.

PS: Yes i am a bit emotional, i was pretty heavy when i wrote this line : Indians have seen this motherland being humiliated many a times. agree

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  18. panduranghari

panduranghari Senior Member Senior Member

RSS has not failed. Some - SOME - of its policies have.

McCaulays children were ruling India. Many of those children have there descendants within the current government.

19. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

RSS aka Cow pee connseiurs.They are not even allowed to enter many south india temples by south indians

20. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Hubli geared for mega RSS camp

More than 25,000 swayamsevaks participated from all over the state.

RSS Convention Concludes at Hubli

30 Jan 2012

HUBLI: The three day mega RSS Convention concluded here at Tarihal on Sunday with its Sarasanghachalak Mohan Bhagvat issuing an open invitation for all countrymen to join RSS and help build a peaceful and strong India.

Addressing the mammoth gathering at Vijayangar, a temporary town built for the Convention, RSS chief termed the ‘Shakti Sangama’ as a congregation of all sorts of ‘shakti’, which would herald a new beginning to build our nation.

He said every act is somehow directed towards gaining power. Power can be achieved, but for that we should be ready to toil.

Power which unites different persons and communities, would pave way for development of the nation.Such a power is in need of the hour. By attaining such a power, India is slated to become a world leader, he said. India would be the solution for all problems faced by the other countries.

They would find solace under India, for their problems, he said and added that RSS was behind instilling such a power among our youths, by conducting such camps.

Saying that RSS is working towards building the nation, he said the organisation alone cannot build the nation, it needs cooperation from fellow countrymen, whose bounden duty was to renounce their life in the name of the country.

He said, development cannot be achieved by changing governments but instilling positive attitude towards the country.

http://expressbuzz.com/biography/rss-convention-concludes-at-hubli/358378.html

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
    pankaj nema likes this.
  21. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

RSS Samavesha Hubli, Karnataka (Jan,2012)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

panduranghari and pankaj nema like this.