The Reality of Gaddaffi's LIBYA

Adux

Country flag
But it is those that shout that sound the loudest... Whilst many wanted Gadaffi out, in a democratic system, can we honestly say that the MAJORITY of Libyans wanted Gadaffi out?

To me it doesn't seem to be so clear!
Are you trying to say Ghaddafi was democratic? Please dont do this. That idiot was in power from 27 years, you still think Libyans still want him in power? Would we want Manmohan Singh to rule us for 40-50 years? Is he the only one capable in India to rule us? Hugo Chavez, Ayyotollah's, Fidel Castro, Valdmir Putin(Coming Soon), Kim Jong il....what all they think, is they are the 'chosen' ones. No, they are not. If you dont move away as you should , people will lynch you.

niharjhatn

Are you trying to say Ghaddafi was democratic? Please dont do this. That idiot was in power from 27 years, you still think Libyans still want him in power? Would we want Manmohan Singh to rule us for 40-50 years? Is he the only one capable in India to rule us? Hugo Chavez, Ayyotollah's, Fidel Castro, Valdmir Putin(Coming Soon), Kim Jong il....what all they think, is they are the 'chosen' ones. No, they are not. If you dont move away as you should , people will lynch you.
That is for the Libyans and the Libyans alone to decide. I would stand by the lynching of Gadaffi by the Libyan people... but not some pseudo-revolution run by NATO planes decimating Libyan cities. The US etc supported the rebels in the name of democracy, but in reality are just exerting their own imperialism around the world.

As you sow, so shall you reap. He gave them ample reasons to take him out. He was a comical maniac who would parade women as bodygaurds, like in some sexual fetish videos! He ruled from the tender age of 27, to this time.
I think some of the 'maniacs' in charge of India today shouldn't be in charge either, but I would not stand for a NATO strike to pave the way for their removal.

Adux

Country flag
That is for the Libyans and the Libyans alone to decide. I would stand by the lynching of Gadaffi by the Libyan people... but not some pseudo-revolution run by NATO planes decimating Libyan cities. The US etc supported the rebels in the name of democracy, but in reality are just exerting their own imperialism around the world.
There are certain red lines which if crossed with your own people makes it conduicive for outside powers to intervene, NATO didnt create that situation, for years and years Ghaddafi did, Blame him. Welcome to the real world. Libyans decided, and NATO gave support to it. Simple. Now who is the major looser in all this, it is NATO. They have created a bigger monster, let them reap what they sowed, just like Ghaddafi

I think some of the 'maniacs' in charge of India today shouldn't be in charge either, but I would not stand for a NATO strike to pave the way for their removal
Very easy to say.
Like it or not, if we were ruled maniac's, and the people were fighting that person or person's tooth and nail, and if there is help from an outside power for whatever reason, then the 'indian rebels' will take it with open arms. FACT.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ghaddafi was a strong leader a nationalist and good follower of Islam,..
Was he? Havent you heard about his penchant for virgins? He did not care for 72 virgins in paradise but 7200 on earth. How Islamic is that?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think some of the 'maniacs' in charge of India today shouldn't be in charge either, but I would not stand for a NATO strike to pave the way for their removal.
India is democratic and even then when Indira tried an undemocratic way to stay in power, she was put into her place. We did not need any outside support even then

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Was he? Havent you heard about his penchant for virgins? He did not care for 72 virgins in paradise but 7200 on earth. How Islamic is that?
Ok, I dont go to that part but it is pure assumption abt hi with his guards..

nimo_cn

Country flag
No one is perfect, neither is Ghaddafi. You may find 1000 reasons to hate him, I can also find 10000 reasons to admire him.

niharjhatn

Very easy to say.
Like it or not, if we were ruled maniac's, and the people were fighting that person or person's tooth and nail, and if there is help from an outside power for whatever reason, then the 'indian rebels' will take it with open arms. FACT.
There are many groups in India TODAY who do this... would you accept a Maoist revolution with the Chinese (literally) running shotgun?

Islamic extremist groups receiving open support from Saudis + other arab states?

Of course the rebels will embrace whatever support they can get... but is this a reflection on the rest of India (this is what I am trying to get at)?

And if not, how can you draw the same conclusions regarding these Libyan rebels? Perhaps they did not have the widespread support we have been fed to believe (ironically by the same western media of the nations CONDUCTING the raids)...

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
No one is perfect, neither is Ghaddafi. You may find 1000 reasons to hate him, I can also find 10000 reasons to admire him.
The celebrations in Libya are ample proof.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Libya's population is just 7 million and the economy is good

This revolt was not about economic hardship

People didn t want the 42 year reign of Gaddafi to continue

And dictators do BOTH things they kill thousands to create FEAR and then they show their benevolence
by giving liberal financial benefits to their subjects

This helps to create a false sense of respect amongst the people BUT the underlying resentment
is always there

42 years , One family rule is just too much .

A revolt is quite natural

It is Human nature

pankaj nema

Country flag
Subtle reference there?
No not all Our dear Gandhis are elected by the people and now even the Mighty Congress
is replaceble

Those days of TINA FACTOR ( there is no alternative to the Congress ) which was espoused by the Congress men in the 80s are over

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I bet libya will go down the iraq route now.

Not that im defending gaddafi but he was better than the current extremist mob.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You are free to bet anyway you want, but Libya has general order after the fall while Iraq was in total disorder for years. It makes a big difference for long term stability starting on two feet.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
You are free to bet anyway you want, but Libya has general order after the fall while Iraq was in total disorder for years. It makes a big difference for long term stability starting on two feet.
Spare me your pathetic excuses.

Come clean and say nato did it because of its own strategic & economic interest rather than the usual democracy, freedom shit we hear because then i i'd respect nato's action even if i dont agree with it.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Spare me your pathetic trolling bait. We are talking about the long term stability of Libya, not reasons for intervention.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Gadaffi was able to unite the various tribes of Libya into one nation; he was a true nationalist and his country was the richest and most successful in the entire continent of Africa. I personally know friends and family who have lived in Libya, and I am more likely to believe what they have to say than these pseudo-rebels backed by NATO.

I am opposed to all dictatorships in general, but you need to give credit where it is due.

prahladh

Respected Member
Something that's being spread on facebook. How much of it is true?

Libya & QADDAFI ...FACTS THAT CANT BE DENIED

1. There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free
for all its citizens.

2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.

3. Home considered a human right in Libya –Gaddafi vowed that his parents
would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Gaddafi's father has
died while him, his wife and his mother are still living in a tent.

4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$50,000 ) by the government
to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.

5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25%
of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%.

6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming
land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick- start their farms
– all for free.

7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya,
the government funds them to go abroad for it –not only free but they get US
$2, 300/mth accommodation and car allowance.

8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.

9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0. 14 per liter.

10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – now
frozen globally.

11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would
pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until
employment is found.

12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all
Libyan citizens.

13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US $5 ,000

14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.15

15. 25% of Libyans have a university degree

16. Gaddafi carried out the world's largest irrigation project, known as the Great
Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert
country.

pmaitra

long term stability ? :pound:

are you thekedars or what ?
Well, he has every right to defend the actions of his nation. I think it is realised by most, at least here at DFI, that all the talk about democracy and freedom were excuses. Gaddafi was no saint, but then, we have a bunch of goons in control now. I do not see how this equates to popular support, at least in places that were loyal to Gaddafi, especially Sirte.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles