The Reality of Gaddaffi's LIBYA

Rahul92

The key points

Libya and Libyan "dictator" Muammar Gaddafi:

1. There is no electricity bill in... Libya; electricity is free
for all its citizens.

2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are
state-owned and loans given
to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.

3. Home considered a human right in Libya –
Gaddafi vowed that his parents
would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a
home. Gaddafi's father has
died while him, his wife and his mother are still living
in a tent.

4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$
50,000 ) by the government
to buy their first apartment so to help start up the
family.

5. Education and medical treatments are free in
Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25%
of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%.

6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career,
they would receive farming
land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and
livestock to kick- start their farms
– all for free.

7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical
facilities they need in Libya,
the government funds them to go abroad for it –
not only free but they get US
$2, 300/mth accommodation and car allowance.

8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government
subsidized 50% of the price.

9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0. 14 per liter.

10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves
amount to $150 billion – now
frozen globally.

11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after
graduation the state would
pay the average salary of the profession as if he or
she is employed until
employment is found.

12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to
the bank accounts of all
Libyan citizens.

13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US
$5 ,000

14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.15

15. 25% of Libyans have a university degree

16. Gaddafi carried out the world's largest irrigation
project, known as the Great
Man-Made River project, to make water readily
available throughout the desert
country.

AND EVERYONE THOUGHT GADAFFI WAS BAD?????

Last edited by a moderator:

Rahul92

So what he wanted
He wanted to unite Africa in a gold standard to get them out of debt slavery. His nation was the richest out of all in Africa. Whatever he did he was serving his people,

Rahul92

So the real reason why NATO has attacked

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Yet, it is also true that he tortured, killed and maimed thousands of citizens over the years.

If things were really all that great in Libya, why was there any opposition to him in the first place?

Adux

Country flag
Now people have started posting Commie and Islamist videos in dfi!!!

I cant believe the whole Internet idiots and effin conspiracy theory nutjobs are now supporting Ghaddafi! OMFG! Its now Bankers, Zionist, Oil Companies, Evil Satan Amerrika and even the Telebunnies were trying to kill a true sweet heart of a ruler and keeper of the faith, that is Ghaddafi (and his Voluptuous virgin bodyguards) for profit!! He was a nice dude, alright! Idiots and Internet access- ANNOYING!

vijaytripoli

Its True , The Above Lines Are Ture . You can ask to any Indian who have lived there like me . We all were very sad when we heared Gaddaffi Death .
We neverd head od doing any Hostile against his own Citizens..!

Chau

Adux

Country flag
Its True , The Above Lines Are Ture . You can ask to any Indian who have lived there like me . We all were very sad when we heared Gaddaffi Death .
We neverd head od doing any Hostile against his own Citizens..!

Chau
That is not what his citizen's say,also that comic idiot ruled the damn country for the age of 27, I think it is good, he is removed.

Rahul92

Now idiots have started posting Commie and Islamist videos in dfi!!!

I cant believe the whole Internet idiots and effin conspiracy theory nutjobs are now supporting Ghaddafi! OMFG! Its now Bankers, Zionist, Oil Companies, Evil Satan Amerrika and even the Telebunnies were trying to kill a true sweet heart of a ruler and keeper of the faith, that is Ghaddafi (and his Voluptuous virgin bodyguards) for profit!! He was a nice dude, alright! Idiots and Internet access- ANNOYING!

Son who the hell are you calling idiot,Islamist

This is a forum where a person can express his views but anyway why should waste my time for a dogmatic person

Adux

Country flag
Son who the hell are you calling idiot,Islamist

This is a forum where a person can express his views but anyway why should waste my time for a dogmatic person
That would be people who are supporting Ghaddafi and he himself! That joke of a man and his desire to be the leader of the ummah.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Obama and H.Clinton said over and over, "Gadaffi is killing his own people!"

Assad has been killing his own people for months. Have you ever heard Obama and H.Clinton ever say, "Assad is killing his own people"?

Here is the video of that hideous woman. She is demented and ugly beyond belief.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The Chinese govt does a lot of good for its people, far better than what our govt does for us BUT they clamp down on everything else. So does that mean CPC is good or bad? Just today reports of new laws curbing use if Internet has come up in china.

Now why does china do all this? To keep people in check by giving them work and makin them rich while it rules with impunity. Gadaffi gave a lot of benefit to the Libyans but in return he was brutal to anyone opposing his rule. Iraq under Saddam was far better than other ME countries with good infra and education too was good. But was Saddam good? He was not good to his own family when they opposed him.

People of Libya started the revolution like those in Tunisia and Egypt. NATO came in later only when Gadaffi started his killing campaign. NATO did not initiate the rebellion.

niharjhatn

That is not what his citizen's say,also that comic idiot ruled the damn country for the age of 27, I think it is good, he is removed.
Are you serious? I was quite sad when even Saddam was removed from power... not so much that they (Saddam + Qaddafi) were bastards who tortured their own citizens, limited free thought etc. I completely agree that such power hungry people (really a reference to their own insecurities I think... but this is no time for psycho-analysis) should never even be manager of a McDonald's restaurant let alone an entire nation... but the MANNER in which they were removed is completely terrifying. The way that the NATO countries especially the US casually interfere in other nation's affairs, removing whatever leaders they don't like is completely unjustified, almost making any notion of national sovereignty a joke.

I think with respect to Libya, the huge oil reserves of the nation almost guaranteed a relatively good quality of life and it must be said that Qaddafi actually transferred some of the wealth to the masses (unlike in some other nations :thumb:).

niharjhatn

People of Libya started the revolution like those in Tunisia and Egypt. NATO came in later only when Gadaffi started his killing campaign. NATO did not initiate the rebellion.
But it is those that shout that sound the loudest... Whilst many wanted Gadaffi out, in a democratic system, can we honestly say that the MAJORITY of Libyans wanted Gadaffi out?

To me it doesn't seem to be so clear!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
In one democratic nation, a lady PM declared emergency when on the ropes and curbed freedom and put opponents in jail. The entire nation rose for their freedom and made sure that lady was ousted from power. Some of the people of the same nation are "celebrating" the achievements of a mad man who killed his own countrymen who as much as looked at his "throne".

I

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Ghaddafi was a strong leader a nationalist and good follower of Islam, He know how to control his tribes and live united, Problems exists in all nation including ours and its easy to portrait the other side is good and other is bad, thanks to global media..

Ghaddafi also fought against Talibans many times, And so call transitional Gov have Taliban elements even in Higher posts..
It was all abt Oil and Resources indeed..

Adux

Country flag
]but the MANNER in which they were removed is completely terrifying. The way that the NATO countries especially the US casually interfere in other nation's affairs, removing whatever leaders they don't like is completely unjustified, almost making any notion of national sovereignty a joke.
As you sow, so shall you reap. He gave them ample reasons to take him out. He was a comical maniac who would parade women as bodygaurds, like in some sexual fetish videos! He ruled from the tender age of 27, to this time.

I think with respect to Libya, the huge oil reserves of the nation almost guaranteed a relatively good quality of life and it must be said that Qaddafi actually transferred some of the wealth to the masses (unlike in some other nations :thumb:).
He transferred wealth to keep them quiet. That is all. What we have now is worse than Ghaddafi, but that is not a justification for him. Bad, Worse or Worst, we have to face them. if NATO didnt help then, they would be seen as people who didnt support the rightful wish of the masses. Yes, Oil is a reason. But it isnt the only one.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles