The Rafale has proven in Mali pleads French Air Force

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Bangalore (India): The Rafale has demonstrated the extent of its capabilities in Mali, said in an interview with AFP Chief of Staff of the French Air Force, came to share his experience with the Army Air India wants to acquire this aircraft multi-role combat.

Operate in a complex environment over very long distances, "this is how we measure the ability of the aircraft," said General Denis Mercier, on the sidelines of Airshow Bangalore which ends Sunday .

On January 13, at 7:00 local four Rafale took off from Saint-Dizier (Haute-Marne, north of France) to knock over 20 goals in the region of Gao in northern Mali, after six hours flight, he said.

They then placed in N'Djamena, after a mission to 9 hours and 35 minutes in total and five in-flight refueling.

Such complex mission, "where you have everything up because that there is no ground radar, "which involves AWACS radar planes, aircraft refueling, ground operators and systems of complex network is of interest to Indians, continued the general.

The Indian Air Force, which also has radar and refueling planes, wanted to know what kind of operation was conducted over what distances and how it was mounted. In Mali, the staff was first planned and conducted flight operations from France, "which requires exceptional measures," he said.

Another feature of this operation, "he was attacked complete autonomy "while in Libya, the operations were conducted in a coalition. "The complete independence shows all the means you have and that, that interested India too," he added.

advantage of the Rafale Mirage 2000 prepositioned in Africa and led the first strike against the jihadists in Mali, this is what the military calls "open architecture" which allows it to communicate with other devices and with both Snowy drones based in Niger.

"Aircraft can talk, transmitting information directly. The real added value of this aircraft, it is there, "said the Chief of Staff.

Rafale, built by Dassault Aviation, has long been regarded by critics as an expensive and unsaleable plane to abroad. India has, however, preferred in January 2012 to U.S. and European rivals and negotiate an order of 126 units. The Indian counterpart General Mercier, NAK Browne, on Thursday expressed the hope that the contract is concluded in mid-2013.

Mali has however highlighted the lack of airlift and refueling modern and France had to seek help from its European allies, U.S. and Canada.

"Looking forward to the arrival of the A400M," the European tactical transport aircraft built by Airbus, General Mercier said. The first A400M must be delivered to France "late May, early June and I'm aiming for entry into service in early 2014 Operational," he said.

France has also announced plans to order 14 Airbus this year in transport aircraft and MRTT refueling.

"With two A400 MRTT and two in eight hours, we planned the entire project we wanted" Africa for the operation in Mali, late Chief of Staff.

Le Rafale a fait ses preuves au Mali, plaide l'armée de l'air française

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Hmmm!!

For those cynical people only see the negative part of everything not the postive part by saying what proved!!.:lol:

here are those things which got proved in Mali

they are many things which rafale had proved in mali which is itself written in bold

1) operate independently without any coalition or any allied airforce support.

2) demonstrated it's use of foreign bombs like GBU 12 bombs through rafale

3)abilty to operate in open architecture i.e to communicate with other devices & snowy drones based in Niger

4) for the 4th time AREOS reco ng pod was used in this operation for electronic surveilance
Le mamouth: Les yeux du Serval brillent, même en plein jour

REGARDS

DivineHeretic

Country flag
The French Air force seem to be doing a good job of playing brand ambassador to the Rafale. That makes the libya and mali campaign somewhat of live advertisements.

vishwaprasad

Country flag
Rafale is going to rule the skies of Asia till 2030 period....the day RAFALE joins IAF it will be the remorseful day for PLAAF and PAF.....

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Ha Ha Ha ...

The battle of an ant and the elephant...

How can some people be so childish...

Ha ! the Indian wisdom though says an ante can be the cause of the death of an elephant....

what say you ????

Last edited:

vishwaprasad

Country flag
Ha Ha Ha ...

The battle of an ant and the elephant...

How can some people be so childish...

Ha ! the Indian wisdom though says an ante can be the cause of the death of an elephant....

what say you ????
Is your post directed towards me??? If yes then India though not a super power but certainly not an ant in front of China.... their J-20/31 are nothing but another QUHAR so called 5t generation fighter of Iran... I wont be surprised if tomorrow all of a sudden Iranian economy overtakes Japan....

Fact is China knew that India will choose one european fighter, Typhoon or Rafale to blast her REAR SIDE AREA so they pushed undeveloped prototype design to fly (with Russian engines) to gain confidence among its cheap buyers and to give wrong impression of its might to the world.....after all what is not possible for a commie state......

Funny these days every TOM DICK & HARRY is coming out with 5th Generation design but not a single one is capable to fly even FC-1 type fighter with home made engine.....

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Is your post directed towards me??? If yes then India though not a super power but certainly not an ant in front of China.... their J-20/31 are nothing but another QUHAR so called 5t generation fighter of Iran... I wont be surprised if tomorrow all of a sudden Iranian economy overtakes Japan....

Fact is China knew that India will choose one european fighter, Typhoon or Rafale to blast her REAR SIDE AREA so they pushed undeveloped prototype design to fly (with Russian engines) to gain confidence among its cheap buyers and to give wrong impression of its might to the world.....after all what is not possible for a commie state......

Funny these days every TOM DICK & HARRY is coming out with 5th Generation design but not a single one is capable to fly even FC-1 type fighter with home made engine.....
I think he meant France and Mali insurgents

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

China again was used by an Indian to fight another Indian, what made yourself hate yourself so much?

datguy79

Any turboprop plane carrying unguided missiles could have destroyed mali rebels who have no cover over desert.

The Rafale is an impressive plane. I just don't see the connection the CoS is trying to make.

p2prada

The Rafale is an impressive plane. I just don't see the connection the CoS is trying to make.
Running operations far away from home, with very little maintenance and supply chains and still managing to handle a complex air op in a networked environment over enemy territory with very little issues.

While the enemy was lacking, regardless doing all this far from home isn't easy.

The Rafales flew 10 hour missions successfully. That's quite a lot.

vishwaprasad

Country flag
China again was used by an Indian to fight another Indian, what made yourself hate yourself so much?
where in my post I am FIGHTING with my fellow Indian? I misunderstood him saying China is elephant and India is ant and hence I was just telling him the REALITY....Now telling reality is fighting in your definition then I can't help it.....

Global Defence

Articles