The Prime Minister Of Gujarat

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by johnee, May 14, 2009.

1. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

The Prime Minister of Gujarat

The Prime Minister of Gujarat- Hindustan Times

aragorn, parijataka and Singh like this.
  3. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

Whether Modi agrees or not, the rest of India will never vote for Modi as a PM candidate. If they didn't accept Advani for his hawkishness, Modi is many orders of magnitude worse, regardless of whether he is pro-development or not.

This might sound like a cliche, but when Hitler was elected, the depression in Germany was so bad, people were burning Deutsche Marks in the winter for warmth. That's how worthless the currency had become. Germany's unemployment rate was around 30%. Hitler came to power and engineered a massive turnaround for the German economy, and in less than a decade, by the late 30s, Germany's industrial and financial capacity was second only to the US. They managed to build up their industrial and technical prowess so much that if Hitler hadn't made the mistake of attacking Russia, the whole of Europe today would have been under German dominion.

However, Hitler also was responsible for the Holocaust, and that's primarily what he is associated with, not with his military genius, turning Germany into an industrial power or indeed anything else positive.

4. indian_sukhoi

indian_sukhoi Regular Member

Agreed!!!

First of all, Great Topic to Debate. It would be great if this topic to moved to any other Sub-Forum.

Second, I couldnt agree anymore with the above person. Hitler may oversaw one of the greatest industrial and economical development germany had ever seen but he did blunders after blunders like Stoping the onslaught over England and opening a new front attacking Soviet.
    Narendra Modi may be well educated and pro-development leader but he does have some evil scars marked on him. The Guy showed a blind eye over the Gujarat incident, other than that he developed Gujarat greatly.

Seeing Advani and Modi has a Prime Minister candidate is worse thing ever.

5. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

Mehbooba Mufti did praise Narendra Modi : NIC transcript .

1 JAN, 2012, 01.17PM IST, PTI

NEW DELHI: PDP President Mehbooba Mufti praised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for his approach to investment proposals, a transcript of her speech made public after some remarks triggered a row showed.

Mehbooba while referring to her interaction with a Muslim businessman who spoke of Modi's quick response to a business proposal had also said at the National Integration Council(NIC) meeting that such actions were necessary to reach out to minorities who will in turn respond positively.

According to the transcript of the deliberations of the meeting released by the Union Home Ministry on its official website, the PDP leader focussed on the need for giving more opportunities for minorities including reservation in government jobs.

"I recall once I was in Chennai and I met some one, a Muslim businessman, and he told me that he had gone to see Gujarat Chief Minister (Narendra Modi), and he said I was very impressed. I had an appointment with him regarding some business deal and he had got all the officers there, around him.

"They did not take even ten minutes and he got his job done. So, I mean, people, minorities, Muslims they are looking forward some kind, some kind of step forward, some kind of reaching out, which I think, we are missing.

"I mean to say that if all political parties reach out to minorities they will respond positively," the transcript quoted Mehbooba as saying at the NIC meeting held in Delhi in September 2011.

The document appeared to counter the denials by Mehbooba who had asked the Ministry of Home Affairs to release the complete transcript of the NIC deliberations.

The PDP leader's purported comments at the NIC meeting first came in public domain when BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said even Mehbooba, who had always been opposed to the BJP, had praised Modi at the NIC meeting.

Sushma had made the remarks on the concluding day of Modi's 'Sadhbhavna' three-day fast in Ahmedabad in September.

Mehbooba hit back and described Sushma's claim as baseless and untrue. "I have never praised Modi nor recommended any businessman to him for favour. It is all rubbish," she had said.

Mehbooba Mufti did praise Narendra Modi: NIC transcript - The Economic Times

6. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Whether you like Modi or Hate Modi, But you can't ignore Modi. :hail:

7. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

That is indeed a cliche, and a damn overused one at that.

And please, all you intellectual Indians don't assume for the rest of India that he will not get votes. Please.

Bhartiya, parijataka and Galaxy like this.
  8. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Problem is, people in India don't vote on national issues for Lok Sabha elections. So Modi may be loved or hated in the forum world, for others, the local candidate and what he offers matters.

Nagraj likes this.
  9. Galaxy

No need to defend Modi, More people will oppose him, More he will become popular and more people will be ready to support him. It worked perfectly. He has become most popular leader inspite of all these hatred.

Intellectual class people are merely few % and they hardly vote. I have hardly seen any person who hates Modi in my real life (except few on Internet). There must be some concrete reason behind it!

10. Galaxy

I have no Gujarati Friends or any connection with Gujarat. A person from Tamil Nadu or Assam or Delhi or Kolkatta supporting him, So that itself means he has national support. He also has one advantage of national party BJP who fights strongly on 350-400 seats on own including Delhi and Bangalore. So, There is always a chance for Modi as PM.

If People will select Ananth Kumar from Bangalore constituency which is most likely, Then also there is always chance of MODI as PM. (But BJP need to announce his candidature which has not yet happened)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  11. Yusuf

The chance of Modi becoming PM depends in him being promoted as the candidate and the BJP getting ample seats. The BJP may well get seats, but we are still not sure if the BJP itself will project Modi.

I am a proponent of a Presidential form of government which lets you chose your leader than be ruled by people who are remote controlled.

12. Galaxy

I agree with all your points.

Modi can become PM only in 2 possibilities - Either BJP announce his candidature at least a year before election or BJP gets 180-200 MP's on own with more than 2/3rd as Modi Loyalist. Too early to predict.

Presidential form is best. We should have the option to select our own candidate for Top post. I Wish!!

13. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

Last Bihar State Election , which already proved that now voters really votes for proper candidates only .

May be , at India level people will keep the the National issues also in their mind when they vote for next Lok Sabha elections .

14. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Somebody please make him Prime Minister of India. At least we'll get rid of daily propaganda praising him.

15. Galaxy

Proper candidates ?? :nono:

BJP has stronghold in 18 districts, JD(u) has stronghold in 21 districts in Bihar. They won comfortably. The reason for JD(u)+BJP win is not proper candidate but excellent social engineering backed with many times better performance of Nitish, Sushil Modi and his 21 Ministers vis-a-vis Lalu Raj.

People voted based on Parties and performance and not based on individual candidates.

16. Yusuf

You are saying it as if it's as easy as making someone a moderator, just press of a button :rofl:

17. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Indeed Modi has done much for the improvement in life in Gujarat. I have seen it myself.

However, one can only say this, running a State and running a country are two different kettles of fish.

One can vibe with their own people as in a State because their is a singular identity, but it is a different story trying to vibe with different types of people/ communities, when running a country since each community will not have the same desire or goals.

Modi has been a successful CM, but that does not mean that he will be a success running the country!

Yusuf likes this.
  18. KS

As sad as it may seem..you are just telling the truth...

But I'm just hoping..

19. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

People give me impression that it is so simple for him to become PM & he's going to be one & there will be RaamRajya & its a holy grail so lets all start singing songs praising Modi.

BS agenda with hot air and sadly no reality on ground......................

Same goes for Rahul for PM choir!

20. Yusuf

Reminded of cricketers who do well in first class level but fail in tests!! Completely different though but yes you are right. But then only time will tell provided off course the BJP comes to power and elects Modi to lead.

21. KS

Ofcourse it might not be Raamrajya immediately he gets sworn into power..But there will be a change for good and a stop of the spread of rot that is currently permeating the system.

Any change is better than no change.Look imbecilic potatoes like Deve Gowda, Gujral have been given a shot..This man has a proven track record in Gujarat..why not give him a chance dammit..what have we got to loose ?