The Physical Fitness Thread

What do you prefer?

• Good body shape only, strength doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate excercise.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Damn, are you sure losing such large amounts in such short periods is normal/healthy. I don't know man.

I was also in bed rest for about 2 weeks following an ACL tear. I was on the bed, on my back with very little movement. I actually developed rashes on my back.
Anyway, I actually lost some 2 kilos because the area around the operated part (left knee) lost a good deal of its muscle mass.
It is healthy until I provide my body the necessary vitamins and proteins without fats and less no. Of carbs.

I've gradually changed my diet from the first. The amount of exercise I'm doing is directly proportional to the amount of food I was taking.

From a solid diet I changed to semi solid with liquids diet. From there I changed to liquid diet but not in the form of direct liquids. But food with most liquid content.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
@Project Dharma and @Razor

One of my friend who got selected along with me weighed 86 kilos. He needs to be 67. He tried his best to reduce weight and reached 79. But after that he couldn't. Now he is in Kerala in a naturopathy hospital. They provide him only liquids. He weighs 74 now. Still 7 kgs to go.

It will be good until we keep the calories we eat and we spend in check.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
My kryptonite is tea/coffee with sugar. I tend to drink more when work is stressful like it is now. :frown:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
My kryptonite is tea/coffee with sugar. I tend to drink more when work is stressful like it is now. :frown:
Yeah, when I have a headache I drink a steaming cup of tea and it usually subsides or at least it feels a bit better.
If that doesn't do the trick, then it is time for paracetamol :nod:

Btw sugar need not be added to tea. I mean the flavor of the tea is to be savored, not of the sugar.

I never add sugar in anything, be it tea or milk or whatever. :)

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Thank you sir.

Morning - a bowl of oats with dry fruit seasoning. ( Breakfast is the most important thing and to supplement the quantity of food that I was taking earlier I turned towards oats and dry fruits.)

11am - any fruit (apple/orange/pomegranate) 1 in no.

1 pm - a glass full of coconut water with a watermelon peice.

6 pm - green tea or lemon water

8 pm - half a pomegranate and a cup of green grapes with green tea(preferably)

And to reduce th gastric effects because of a non solid diet I drink a glass of ajwain/carom seeds water early in the morning. It helps in keeping the digestive system in check and also burns fat.

I've already reduced 7 kilos. 2 more to go. And I'm damn sure that I can reach that weight.
All these items are pretty healthy stuff I guess.

Anyway, good luck. :fyeah:

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
All these items are pretty healthy stuff I guess.

Anyway, good luck. :fyeah:
Thanks. These are healthy and intact adds very less calories or calories that can be spent easily. As my goal is to reduce weight faster I'm following this.

vinuzap

a bit over the top but motivational

one guy training with all the gadgets and other all naturally without steriods , in arch rival russia avenging friends death

india has its parallel : farhan akhtar in bhag milkha bhag and salman in sultan

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Hello friends. Just noticed the thread on physical fitness.

Unfortunately, the polling option is closed. However, as a preference I believe that having strength and endurance is necessary in order to keep oneself street-ready. Everyone has different body types and therefore putting on muscle can vary from their genetic structure.

For example, there is a higher chance for people from northern or southern India to put on bulky muscles (without supplements) than people in from my place. Our body structure is generally what you would call, 'lean and mean'. Centuries of running up and down the mountainous terrain while picking up heavy goods as well as our choice of foods has kind of helped people here to maintain that structure.

Although now due to fast foods, I do come across fat people here in Sikkim as well. :D

For workouts, I go for the traditional sandbag lifting and long endurance runs, everyday early morning. Usually about 15-20 kg of total weight disbursed evenly on forearms, thighs, shins, chest and back and for about 90-120 minutes. It is a good workout especially when running uphill, which is common in my place.

After this some push-ups, pull-ups (alternate days) stomach crunches and some self defence training.

Staying fit is needed in my job roles as my expeditions take me to some of the remotest corners of the world. If we get stuck somewhere, there is no other way out but to have endurance to run for a very very long time to some native yurts or huts.

Now this could be in the coldest or the hottest places in the world. Once my team was stuck in the Kazakh steppes in the winters for a shoot. We had two flat tires on our crew van and only one spare. when in minus temperatures, being able to endure is what saved my neck. It took nearly 3 hours of walking-jogging to find the nearest local settlement of villagers who took us in and treated us with food and vodka. Needless to say I thanked the day I learnt Russian at that time.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Unfortunately, the polling option is closed. However, as a preference I believe that having strength and endurance is necessary in order to keep oneself street-ready. Everyone has different body types and therefore putting on muscle can vary from their genetic structure.

For example, there is a higher chance for people from northern or southern India to put on bulky muscles (without supplements) than people in from my place. Our body structure is generally what you would call, 'lean and mean'. Centuries of running up and down the mountainous terrain while picking up heavy goods as well as our choice of foods has kind of helped people here to maintain that structure.

Although now due to fast foods, I do come across fat people here in Sikkim as well. :D

For workouts, I go for the traditional sandbag lifting and long endurance runs, everyday early morning. Usually about 15-20 kg of total weight disbursed evenly on forearms, thighs, shins, chest and back and for about 90-120 minutes. It is a good workout especially when running uphill, which is common in my place.

After this some push-ups, pull-ups (alternate days) stomach crunches and some self defence training.

Staying fit is needed in my job roles as my expeditions take me to some of the remotest corners of the world. If we get stuck somewhere, there is no other way out but to have endurance to run for a very very long time to some native yurts or huts.

Now this could be in the coldest or the hottest places in the world. Once my team was stuck in the Kazakh steppes in the winters for a shoot. We had two flat tires on our crew van and only one spare. when in minus temperatures, being able to endure is what saved my neck. It took nearly 3 hours of walking-jogging to find the nearest local settlement of villagers who took us in and treated us with food and vodka. Needless to say I thanked the day I learnt Russian at that time.
Hey what is your job description. Sounds interesting dude.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Hey what is your job description. Sounds interesting dude.
We work with the likes of National Geographic, Discovery Channel and others for documentaries and even scientists who have research projects in remote areas of the world. These could be government, private or JVs.

Basically we are the 'behind the scenes' of those daring expeditions that you see on such channels.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
We work with the likes of National Geographic, Discovery Channel and others for documentaries and even scientists who have research projects in remote areas of the world. These could be government, private or JVs.

Basically we are the 'behind the scenes' of those daring expeditions that you see on such channels.
Nice, man.

It is something I would love to do, exploring that is.

Also since you are in Sikkhim, please do a documentary on the Yeti. I'm am sure they exist.

PS: If you find the yeti, don't tell the westerners, they will destroy them.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
i was contemplating on bumping this thread up since past some time!

i was with an international Kuosho (Taiwanese nat'l sport/martial art; very similar to Wushu) organisation (ICKF) about 1.5 decades back. we had a few branches in Manipur too. once had the chance to meet some fellow members from there. a couple of them were very fit, with broad feet and palms! but we won the demo sanshou fights. :D

BTW, long ago, i watched a very short clip of our Danny Denzongpa in a NE movie, executing NE martial arts moves & a flying kick! it was on a show on MTV, & there was no info provided.

great! my brother is a photographer. not a pro or commercial one, but has been pursuing it as a hobby since past quite a few years now. and he's damn good at it i can say! has had a natural flair for it from the beginning itself. and has been whining since a while now that wants to do a job like those of the NG ones. :D

also, i have a photographer/camerman/whatever you can all in my society too. one of his 'expeditions' he had once told me about was, 'mission navy' series of NGC. he also shoots sports events and cricket matches.

Nice, man.

It is something I would love to do, exploring that is.

Also since you are in Sikkhim, please do a documentary on the Yeti. I'm am sure they exist.

PS: If you find the yeti, don't tell the westerners, they will destroy them.
same here! many times i used to daydreem about myself wandering like peter byrne or the legendary ivan sanderson, etc. as explorers (until a regular job hit the daylights out of me! :mad2:)

have you watched the old NGC documentary on the Yeti of Bhutan? this Yeti entity is spread worldwide! from Tibet (Yeti) to china (yeren) to Indonesia/malaysia (orang pendek) to vietnam (batutut) to australia (yowie) to US/canada (bigfoot/sasquatch) to europe (yes! reports of sightings coming in from there too since sometime) to India too (FM AChauhan described about some incidents from Chhattisgarh. i had asked for his permission to share this info with a couple of paranormal researchers & (crypto)zoologists i know/follow).

BTW some american org has (again) declared a bounty on bigfoot recently!

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

i was with an international Kuosho (Taiwanese nat'l sport/martial art; very similar to Wushu) organisation (ICKF) about 1.5 decades back. we had a few branches in Manipur too. once had the chance to meet some fellow members from there. a couple of them were very fit, with broad feet and palms! but we won the demo sanshou fights. :D

BTW, long ago, i watched a very short clip of our Danny Denzongpa in a NE movie, executing NE martial arts moves & a flying kick! it was on a show on MTV, & there was no info provided.

great! my brother is a photographer. not a pro or commercial one, but has been pursuing it as a hobby since past quite a few years now. and he's damn good at it i can say! has had a natural flair for it from the beginning itself. and has been whining since a while now that wants to do a job like those of the NG ones. :D

also, i have a photographer/camerman/whatever you can all in my society too. one of his 'expeditions' he had once told me about was, 'mission navy' series of NGC. he also shoots sports events and cricket matches.

have you watched the old NGC documentary on the Yeti of Bhutan? this Yeti entity is spread worldwide! from Tibet (Yeti) to china (yeren) to Indonesia/malaysia (orang pendek) to vietnam (batutut) to australia (yowie) to US/canada (bigfoot/sasquatch) to europe (yes! reports of sightings coming in from there too since sometime) to India too (FM AChauhan described about some incidents from Chhattisgarh. i had asked for his permission to share this info with a paranormal researcher i follow).
Uhh dude...
Did you forget my posts on the ghosts thread where I said approximately the same thing.
You seem to have forgotten that whole thread.... :D
:okay:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

same here! many times i used to daydreem about myself wandering like peter byrne or the legendary ivan sanderson, etc. as explorers (until a regular job hit the daylights out of me! :mad2:)
!
Yeah man. I feel ya.......
:(

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Uhh dude...
Did you forget my posts on the ghosts thread where I said approximately the same thing.
You seem to have forgotten that whole thread.... :D
:okay:
i only retain partial memories. long time!.... :tsk:
this mule's life :frusty:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Seriously dude you gotta post on that thread. You promised us and enticed us so much, me and @alphacentury

Pleeeeeez
:biggrin2:
i remember from where/what promised content i have to re-start posting there; and even what i have to scan i kept it beside my scanner days back. but never could come to ultimately do it. believe me, i have loads of planned pending stuff / replies to posts and PMs from long / creation of some new thought-of threads which i have to do here. @Ancient Indian knows....but, but, but.... no more squeezing time out or cutting corners to post here from office too nowadays! :smash:
(taking some liberty to post today as its the last day of this week and dont have any urgency as such in what i am doing :D)

i'll set a calendar event for this Sunday!

captscooby81

Country flag
So you are like the man who cover the man vs wild style but actually silent actor not the front face .. Great job ...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles