The Physical Fitness Thread

What do you prefer?

• Good body shape only, strength doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate excercise.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pmaitra

What people do nowadays is nothing like the fasting of old.

Regardless, times are different and we live more comfortably. The body is conditioned to think we are in stress when our eating habits change that drastically, and what that does, is make it convert what little you eat into fat. It's a survival mechanism. Haven't we all piled on a few pounds before an exam or a project that you're desperate to submit on time?

The difference in going from 3 square meals (4 for some) to suddenly a desire to be anorexic? The body will break down your muscle instead of fat, and convert what you eat to fat, as a double whammy. Not healthy.

Healthy eating and exercise, always the way to go.
This is my area of interest, please research intermittent fasting and ketosis we can debate. Intermittent fasting puts bodies in ketosis, wait too long after that and the body will start breaking down muscle eventually. Switching from three meals a day to one or even not eating a day in a week is not going to do that however. This has been documented extensively.
Intermittent fasting actually benefits the body. There is a difference though. Dieting, as many see it, is restriction of the calorie intake. This, IMHO, is a wrong approach. Instead of restricting calories, one should take in the normal calorie intake that a person requires, and burn it off through exercise. I have seen so many people who simply don't eat when they should be eating in the hope they will get slim. There are people who have been doing it for years (won't eat lunch on weekdays), yet, they are still fat.

You might be at risk of losing muscle mass if you do not consume a certain amount of calories. Adequate intake of carbohydrates, protein and fat is imperative to provide energy for workouts, as well as to build lean muscle tissue. Cutting calories can help you lose weight, but some of the weight might come from losing muscle mass.
Source: http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/can-lose-muscle-dont-maintain-calories-2544.html

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
When I was pure veg I was like Haddiyon ka Dhancha Even Though My Height was Good
Then I started eating eggs and from that day on Iam Muscular Guy
I guess I didint ate much paneer

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
I really Don't know why people hate steriods much HGH is actually great with not very big side effects like cancer and hiv ( it actually reduces the chances of them ) And if taken with Good amount of whey Protein It's Great

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Intermittent fasting actually benefits the body. There is a difference though. Dieting, as many see it, is restriction of the calorie intake. This, IMHO, is a wrong approach. Instead of restricting calories, one should take in the normal calorie intake that a person requires, and burn it off through exercise. I have seen so many people who simply don't eat when they should be eating in the hope they will get slim. There are people who have been doing it for years (won't eat lunch on weekdays), yet, they are still fat.
Those people typically eat the most junk food while skipping meals. The problem with most diets is that most Western and Indian diets are very heavy in Carbs and not well suited for intermittent fasting. Typical IF is combined with high fat and low carb meals which keep the body in ketosis and a person doesn't feel hungry in between.

Relevant links:
https://www.amazon.com/Bulletproof-Diet-Reclaim-Energy-Upgrade/dp/162336518X
https://reddit.com/r/keto
https://www.quantifiedbob.com/2014/09/bulletproof-diet-intermittent-fasting-1-5-year-results/

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
You can follow the General Motors weight reduction guide and can reduce a decent 3-4 Kgs in 2 weeks. But there is really no substitute for the good old "No pain, No gain" concept. It feels more happy when you do something physically and see its benefits.

And continuation to above quited post, I've come down to 63 and 60 is now my final target.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk
GE plan is basically eating food and vegetables for 5-9 days. Everybody ac not do that. best way is to develop a habit of eating light food low in spices oil etc. Do some yoga and walk or run for some time. Drink hot water, avoid sugar etc. I have started sudarshan kriya for last few days. I will see how it works out to be.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Why? What's wrong with spices?

Some people eat too much spices. That ruins digestion and causes acidity. If spices means Jeera or Ajawa or cinnamon etc, it is good but too much red chilly and some garam masala will ruin your digestive system and damage it.

The Last Stand

Country flag
Some people eat too much spices. That ruins digestion and causes acidity. If spices means Jeera or Ajawa or cinnamon etc, it is good but too much red chilly and some garam masala will ruin your digestive system and damage it.
Quoted for truth!

The spicy spices just give you indigestion beyond a point.

Taco Bell syndrome. :D

The Last Stand

Country flag
Is it a plank when you stand with your arms (elbow to fist) rest on the ground, or is it when only your palms are on the ground?

I have heard both versions.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Is it a plank when you stand with your arms (elbow to fist) rest on the ground, or is it when only your palms are on the ground?

I have heard both versions.
It's the former one.
Primary muscles worked are in the abdominal region, back and upper arms.
You should start by breathing out and tucking in your abdomen muscles.

I can do it for like 5-6 minutes at a go; the world record is by a chinese policeman 8hrs and 1 minute. :wtf:

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
I have been in an accident in December and put on a lot of weight due to bed rest. After my selection, I was given temporary rejection due to overweight. It's been twenty days and I've reduced 7 kgs I.e from 77 to 70 and two more to go.

I've cut off all sugars. Reduced oil content. Stopped eating fries. No food outside.

Morning - a bowl of oats and any fruit.
11 am - apple or green tea.
Lunch a bowl of rice with only oil less veg curry or leafy vegetables
Evening green tea.
Night single roti with veg curry.

Now I'm going only in liquid diet with oats. It really feels so light for me. And the weight loss is rapid.

I'm going to gym twice a day. Morning - strength training and evening - cardio.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
I have been in an accident in December and put on a lot of weight due to bed rest. After my selection, I was given temporary rejection due to overweight. It's been twenty days and I've reduced 7 kgs I.e from 77 to 70 and two more to go.

I've cut off all sugars. Reduced oil content. Stopped eating fries. No food outside.

Morning - a bowl of oats and any fruit.
11 am - apple or green tea.
Lunch a bowl of rice with only oil less veg curry or leafy vegetables
Evening green tea.
Night single roti with veg curry.

Now I'm going only in liquid diet with oats. It really feels so light for me. And the weight loss is rapid.

I'm going to gym twice a day. Morning - strength training and evening - cardio.
Please consider giving keto a try, you will preserve muscle and lose fat.

reddit.com/r/keto

Indian keto:
http://www.ketoforindia.com/

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Please consider giving keto a try, you will preserve muscle and lose fat.

reddit.com/r/keto

Indian keto:
http://www.ketoforindia.com/
I'm well aware of ketogenic diet plans sir. But it takes a lot of time to shed fat and retain muscle with ketogenic diet.

I'm on a rapid weight loss schedule where I have to shed 9 kilos in 40 days. I know that it's a bit rough on the body but in taking good care about it.

I have to keep my BP, body sugars and RBC and HB in control while losing weight. So keto is preferably not for me, at this time.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
I'm well aware of ketogenic diet plans sir. But it takes a lot of time to shed fat and retain muscle with ketogenic diet.

I'm on a rapid weight loss schedule where I have to shed 9 kilos in 40 days. I know that it's a bit rough on the body but in taking good care about it.

I have to keep my BP, body sugars and RBC and HB in control while losing weight. So keto is preferably not for me, at this time.
So what does your diet look like now? You mentioned liquid with oats, could you possibly elaborate please?

PS Good luck, we are all rooting for you.

GTM900

Is running up stairs better or as good as sprinting? Which burns more calories and increases V02 max?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Damn, are you sure losing such large amounts in such short periods is normal/healthy. I don't know man.

I was also in bed rest for about 2 weeks following an ACL tear. I was on the bed, on my back with very little movement. I actually developed rashes on my back.
Anyway, I actually lost some 2 kilos because the area around the operated part (left knee) lost a good deal of its muscle mass.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Is running up stairs better or as good as sprinting? Which burns more calories and increases V02 max?
Running up stairs is good for legs but running down stairs not so good for knee joint.

I suggest sprinting esp. if you can add some resistance to it. For eg: Sprinting at the beach, the sand offers the resistance.

Go to beach. Take note of two lines or poles or locations, A and B at some distance, say 7-8 m (depending on your conditions) and sprint between these two points, non-stop.

Last edited:

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
So what does your diet look like now? You mentioned liquid with oats, could you possibly elaborate please?

PS Good luck, we are all rooting for you.
Thank you sir.

Morning - a bowl of oats with dry fruit seasoning. ( Breakfast is the most important thing and to supplement the quantity of food that I was taking earlier I turned towards oats and dry fruits.)

11am - any fruit (apple/orange/pomegranate) 1 in no.

1 pm - a glass full of coconut water with a watermelon peice.

6 pm - green tea or lemon water

8 pm - half a pomegranate and a cup of green grapes with green tea(preferably)

And to reduce th gastric effects because of a non solid diet I drink a glass of ajwain/carom seeds water early in the morning. It helps in keeping the digestive system in check and also burns fat.

I've already reduced 7 kilos. 2 more to go. And I'm damn sure that I can reach that weight.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles