The Physical Fitness Thread

What do you prefer?

• Good body shape only, strength doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate excercise.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
An ideal running shoe must support our foot print and adjust to it such that our calves and shin muscles take less pressure. I used to have shoes with medium but hard sole which gave me immense pain. I went to a cobbler shop and have a pair of stuffed inner padding made specifically and replaced them with the factory ones. That worked for me.

That's the difference between shoes with foam made sole and Nike air Max. Air Maxs sole is made of multi layer adjustable sole. It supports our footprint. Normal shoes get crushed between our feet and the ground and by thus causing stress in our muscles and leading pains and muscle fractures.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk
that's why getting custom-made shoes is recommended by docs (where a machine is used to map and record your feet and the pressure-points etc). but its costly, esp. when you need to use multiple (kinds of) shoes/footwear. :frown:

P.S. - those sports shoes with thick/hard heels can be dangerous, esp. when doing jumps and all. you cant really sense/feel the way/how your feet have landed momentarily which can lead to ankle twists/sprains/fractures.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
that's why getting custom-made shoes is recommended by docs (where a machine is used to map and record your feet and the pressure-points etc). but its costly, esp. when you need to use multiple (kinds of) shoes/footwear. :frown:

P.S. - those sports shoes with thick/hard heels can be dangerous, esp. when doing jumps and all. you cant really sense/feel the way/how your feet have landed momentarily which can lead to ankle twists/sprains/fractures.
I'd recommend you to check out real running shoes, not to be mistaken with skeletoes. They are not available in India via any online vendor, but you can get them shipped from Amazon.com(not Amazon.in). B2R shoes are by far the most commended shoes for running and cross fit or weight training too. They prevent our toes from getting stuffed inside the shoe and by thus causing mid feet sprains. Check for B2R shoes in Amazon. With such shoes, we can feel the foot print.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
I'd recommend you to check out real running shoes, not to be mistaken with skeletoes. They are not available in India via any online vendor, but you can get them shipped from Amazon.com(not Amazon.in). B2R shoes are by far the most commended shoes for running and cross fit or weight training too. They prevent our toes from getting stuffed inside the shoe and by thus causing mid feet sprains. Check for B2R shoes in Amazon. With such shoes, we can feel the foot print.

thanks. will read about those in details.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
@pmaitra and others, who might be interested in kickboxing even if just as a recreational activity, check some training videos of buakaw, and the YT channel of Sifu Shi Yan Lei. these can definitely pique your interest. the latter one can introduce you to some good general fitness exercises too.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
@pmaitra and others, who might be interested in kickboxing even if just as a recreational activity, check some training videos of buakaw, and the YT channel of Sifu Shi Yan Lei. these can definitely pique your interest. the latter one can introduce you to some good general fitness exercises too.
My room-mate was a thai boxer from Phuket and a big time fan of buakaw. There would be some buakaw clip playing on his laptop at any given time. :)
Pretty awe-inmspiring fighter.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
My room-mate was a thai boxer from Phuket and a big time fan of buakaw. There would be some buakaw clip playing on his laptop at any given time. :)
Pretty awe-inmspiring fighter.
yes, the fighter does inspire awe. intense, dedicated & seems no-nonsense, with some drops of hard-nosedness/arrogance (some of his old vids esp. those shot by his friends at his home-village show that). on the risk of sounding patronising, such qualities usually only show/develop more in those with from villages or/and very humble backgrounds or underprivileged ones.

pmaitra

yes, the fighter does inspire awe. intense, dedicated & seems no-nonsense, with some drops of hard-nosedness/arrogance (some of his old vids esp. those shot by his friends at his home-village show that). on the risk of sounding patronising, such qualities usually only show/develop more in those with from villages or/and very humble backgrounds or underprivileged ones.
Slightly off-topic. Arrogance stems from two things.

One is that a person is such a master of his trade, and everything that is rocket science for a commoner, seems obvious to him. So, when someone asks a question to such a person, he might get annoyed at the sheer "stupidity" of the question. I remember one professor I had in the US.

The other type of arrogance is that stems from severe inferiority complex.

Ultimately, if one has to learn something, whether body-building or some complicated mathematical proof, one has to put up with the arrogance of the guru.

I remember another person, in India, who was a professor of mathematics at IIT-Bombay. Not only was he good at mathematics, he was also a body-builder.

Scooby is the man :smile:.................................
That guy really inspired me. I remember my transformation. He actually inspires folks to have faith in themselves, because it takes discipline and continued effort to achieve transformation.

pmaitra

Saw it just now. Good stuff.

Thanks for sharing.

Link for others: ShifuYanLei

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Slightly off-topic. Arrogance stems from two things.

One is that a person is such a master of his trade, and everything that is rocket science for a commoner, seems obvious to him. So, when someone asks a question to such a person, he might get annoyed at the sheer "stupidity" of the question. I remember one professor I had in the US.

The other type of arrogance is that stems from severe inferiority complex.

Ultimately, if one has to learn something, whether body-building or some complicated mathematical proof, one has to put up with the arrogance of the guru.

I remember another person, in India, who was a professor of mathematics at IIT-Bombay. Not only was he good at mathematics, he was also a body-builder.
in case of buakaw, it was/is a bit like the first variety. a bit of haughtiness that comes with consistent success & one being very good at his/her trade, even if started with humble beginnings. but may be my perception of him in this regard is wrong, for watching/reading about him more later then had made me doubt that impression I had got earlier. I hope that is so, because humility/humbleness is one of those qualities to which i readily get attracted and I highly respect those if in an individual, be a guru/teacher, successful person or not, smalltown or bigtown boy.

pmaitra

in case of buakaw, it was/is a bit like the first variety. a bit of haughtiness that comes with consistent success & one being very good at his/her trade, even if started with humble beginnings. but may be my perception of him in this regard is wrong, for watching/reading about him more later then had made me doubt that impression I had got earlier. I hope that is so, because humility/humbleness is one of those qualities to which i readily get attracted and I highly respect those if in an individual, be a guru/teacher, successful person or not, smalltown or bigtown boy.
Yes, that is the concept of Upanishads, where students would learn at the feet of the teacher.

Another way to look at it is, that one needs to have patience to master an art (or science), and for that, one needs to try to the best of his ability to avoid getting distracted or discouraged by harsh words from the teacher.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Yes, that is the concept of Upanishads, where students would learn at the feet of the teacher.

Another way to look at it is, that one needs to have patience to master an art (or science), and for that, one needs to try to the best of his ability to avoid getting distracted or discouraged by harsh words from the teacher.
there are so many spiritual/martial arts fables (of 'testing') on this! "the seeker first tests and tests the master to check & measure him to his full satisfaction before accepting him; its then the master's turn to test and squeeze the disciple like a lemon to filter out and extract the nectar from him."

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
@Razor @OneGrimPilgrim

Tell me body weight exercises to put meat on ribs.

Plenty of muslces around the rib cage.
For pecs do push ups (including leg-raised pushups); for lower parts of frontal rib cage, try (hanging) leg raises.

Note: I am not a professional trainer or anything, just an enthusiast.

@OneGrimPilgrim is a pro I think and so I'm also looking for his reply.

Last edited:

IMPraveen

For Physical Fitness Test- PFT: Indian Army takes very stringent measures and checkups before the final recruitment of an Officer including sepoy. Four (04) types of tests being conducted to ensure the right candidate joins Indian Army.

Physical Fitness Tests (PFT) includes 4 types of tests:
· Endurance Test – 1.6 Kms Run
· Strength Test – Pull Ups on Beam (Under Grip)
· Courage Test – 9 feet Ditch
· Agility Test – Zig-Zag Balance

Most of these tests come under category of JCO/OR Recruitment in Indian Army for different category of jobs. and Indian Army proudly depute the candidate to its panel once all tests are qualified against the desired standard requirements laid down in Indian Army Recruitment Policies.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
@Razor @OneGrimPilgrim

Tell me body weight exercises to put meat on ribs.
I can help you with that because I did it. To build muscle around your rib cage you must reduce the fat in that area first.

I did this:

1. Close grip pushups. When you do these press and hold when you go up.
2. Side planks
3. Side plant rotation
4. Plank jacks. You can do these either with your elbows on the ground or palms on the ground.
5. Side plank hip thrusts will do. Hold for a moment when you thrust your hips upwards
But I'd advice you to get some tension in your abdominal area. Do some body weight exercises for abs and get some tension in those obliques and abs.

By "building muscle around abs" you mean building your serratus anterior muscles. Do the above exercises along with rowing exercise if you can. But as I said building some obliques and abs is important such that when you workout on those muscles, maximum impact can be achieved. Loose core means lesser impact.

Go over to darebee.com and follow their 30 days of abs HIIT routine. You will definitely see some of progress. And then concentrate on muscles around ribcage. That's the way I did it.

One month of abs and then moved on the serratus muscles.

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/how-to-chisel-the-sexiest-muscle-on-the-male-physique

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
OMG....what a LOSER you are literally :rofl:

lol jk... good job you have done and that's a decent speed to lose weight ie. 5 kg/month.More than that is not a healthy one since the skin can loosen up quickly and could not adjust to the body frame.

btw what was your starting weight and what's your goal weight?
Check out Dr shalini's video. She suggest some soups, and juices to reduce weight without any diet change.

Simply drink hot water all the time. It will reduce the weight by 3 to 4 kg each month.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Check out Dr shalini's video. She suggest some soups, and juices to reduce weight without any diet change.

Simply drink hot water all the time. It will reduce the weight by 3 to 4 kg each month.
You can follow the General Motors weight reduction guide and can reduce a decent 3-4 Kgs in 2 weeks. But there is really no substitute for the good old "No pain, No gain" concept. It feels more happy when you do something physically and see its benefits.

And continuation to above quited post, I've come down to 63 and 60 is now my final target.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
I can help you with that because I did it. To build muscle around your rib cage you must reduce the fat in that area first.

I did this:

1. Close grip pushups. When you do these press and hold when you go up.
2. Side planks
3. Side plant rotation
4. Plank jacks. You can do these either with your elbows on the ground or palms on the ground.
5. Side plank hip thrusts will do. Hold for a moment when you thrust your hips upwards
But I'd advice you to get some tension in your abdominal area. Do some body weight exercises for abs and get some tension in those obliques and abs.

By "building muscle around abs" you mean building your serratus anterior muscles. Do the above exercises along with rowing exercise if you can. But as I said building some obliques and abs is important such that when you workout on those muscles, maximum impact can be achieved. Loose core means lesser impact.

Go over to darebee.com and follow their 30 days of abs HIIT routine. You will definitely see some of progress. And then concentrate on muscles around ribcage. That's the way I did it.

One month of abs and then moved on the serratus muscles.

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/how-to-chisel-the-sexiest-muscle-on-the-male-physique

Bro fat is not a problem as you can already see my ribs. (I did a pretty intense cut early in the year.) I've been doing dips too.(similar to close grips). It has mproved my chest a bit (amazingly it has improved my delts most). I am doing the hanging leg raises from Convict Conditioning, on level 4 now. Got Chinup recently so I am also getting that "wing". I have been practicing L sits too.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles