The Physical Fitness Thread

What do you prefer?

• Good body shape only, strength doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate excercise.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rage

DFI TEAM
Drop the concentrated curls, the seated curls, the inverted curls and all that bullshit.

This is exactly what somebody with no understanding of physiology will tell you.

The biggest mistake that you and I could make is to look at somebody like Arnold Schwarzenegger and imitate him. For his genetic composition, he was already predisposed him to have high muscle mass. We would have actually respected him a lot more, if he had not suggested something in the way of multiple sets of 'concentration curl'. Of course, we can fault Arnold today because we have the benefit of more advanced technology. But if Arnold had actually understood the physiology behind exercise, he would have understood that the movement is the same contraction of the biceps brachii in a supinated position as the standing up curl.

Before you work out, analyze what your goals are? What do you work out for? Is it to be a champion bodybuilder? Is it to be a gymnast? No. If it to is to be physically fit, to have constant high levels of energy, to develop endurance to the peak of your ability, then strive to develop all-round physical capability? Drop those pussy workouts. Stop doing sets, that involve you cooling down to a nice, easy, good-for-nothing rhythm, only to launch into the same monotonous regime again so that finally you can sit down, some what tired and satisfy yourself. Try this, once twice and you'll never go back again.

Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness
CrossFit Games 2010 Adidas Commercial - YouTube

This is the real deal! There ain't nothin else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rage

DFI TEAM
I m from the South!

I took Boxing because it has the best cardio, useful in weight loss and street!

I am looking for home-training. Can't be a member of a gym for my whole life!
Where in the South are you from? If you're in the city of Bangalore, this may be somethin you wana check out.

P.S. Add me on facebook, We'll talk.

pmaitra

Spiez one of our former member suggested this to his best friend and I will suggest this to you.
:D
Run 25 kms each day before you login to DFI . If you do that you will e fit in 2 days. :D
You are right, but that is for wannabe pro athletes.

I usually do 3 miles in 30 minutes, twice a week. It worked wonders for me.

SPIEZ

Country flag
In order to get ripped like this we would need lots of artificial proteins ( 1.3 times the body-weight in pounds) which is highly unnecessary. ADD to that Fat-burners and steroids!

Basic exercises would be adequate sir !

pmaitra

In order to get ripped like this we would need lots of artificial proteins ( 1.3 times the body-weight in pounds) which is highly unnecessary. ADD to that Fat-burners and steroids!

Basic exercises would be adequate sir !
Very good point.

Yes, be natural. Stay away from steroids. Do a lot of cardios and free hand. Large biceps and triceps with a bulging belly looks ugly. Our body stores fat everywhere, but it first targets the belly, so cardio is the only way to get ripped in the abdomen area. Weight lifting should be carried out without compromising on the cardios. Small muscles with pronounced curves and cuts looks better than a disproportionately bulked up body.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Routine I follow

Saturaday: Chest

Bench Press: 4~5 sets 20 reps (Body weight and lower progressively)

Dumbell Press: 4~5 sets 20 reps

Lateral raises or upright rows: 2~4 sets 10 reps

Tricep Pushdowns: 2~4 sets of 10 reps

Sunday: Back and Biceps

Wide grip pulldowns: 4~5sets 20 reps

Dumbbell Rows: 2~4 sets 15 reps

Dumbbell curls: 2~4 sets 15reps

Barbell curls: 2~4 sets 15 reps

Tuesday and Thrusday:
Boxing

Fridays : legs (optional)

Leg extensions: 2~4 sets 15 reps

Legs curls: 2~4 sets 10 reps

Calf raises: 2~4 sets 10 reps

P.S. Boxing is really good cardio :thumb:
bhai teri body ban gayi :lol::lol::lol:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Very good point.

Yes, be natural. Stay away from steroids. Do a lot of cardios and free hand. Large biceps and triceps with a bulging belly looks ugly. Our body stores fat everywhere, but it first targets the belly, so cardio is the only way to get ripped in the abdomen area. Weight lifting should be carried out without compromising on the cardios. Small muscles with pronounced curves and cuts looks better than a disproportionately bulked up body.
Having some experience in poultry rearing (had to have the same because in the HAA, the roads used to get cut off in winters and the tinned stuff was horrid), and having one of ex officers in MF, I found that most broilers in the market. were steroid toned. These chicken were more muscular and heavier and the breeding time was less and so the turnover faster and hence more profits!

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Chinese way of physical fitness with light exercise called Tai Chi (Pran Shakti in India):-

It's Martial application in Dr. Yang Jwing Ming's style :-

:D

SPIEZ

Country flag
Where in the South are you from? If you're in the city of Bangalore, this may be somethin you wana check out.

P.S. Add me on facebook, We'll talk.
Dude, I m looking for good cardio/aerobics like running, swimming of that type. Don't want pure strength exercise.

Lifting weights are easier, something of the HIIT would be great.

Koovie

Do DFI members go for running, jogging or cycling ?

Anyone here who likes jogging or other similar activities to improve your endurance? Perhaps some members of our Defence Forces ?
Just share your experiences
I am running approx. 4-5 km 4 times a week.

H.A.

I don't need to jog or anything the government departments help me keep myself fit by making me walk all around their office, and then i do some weight lifting in my shop.

Reactions: nrj

Blackwater

Cycling. Dutch people love cycling.Being punjabi desi and now Dutch, i have to adopt that. We got separate lanes for cycling. I do 30 min everyday. As a punjabi who never cycled in adulthood in India has to cycle here in Holland. but iam happy as it keeps me fit

Here are the pics to give u an idea

Last edited:

sob

Mod
Country flag
blackwater do cycles still get stolen regularly in Holland. In 2001 I was in Utrecht for about 15 days and it was a common sight to see the main body chained and tyres and other parts missing.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles