The Pakistani slaves of modern Greece

jus

Country flag

These new slaves of former Sparta are no longer the helots but Pakistanis and Bangladeshis.

Like their forbears, the almost slaves of ancient times, they too toil the agricultural fields, picking oranges which are squeezed to produce organic orange juice for wealthy Europeans. The similarities do not end there.

Like the helots of Ancient Sparta, the Pakistani and Bangladeshi workers in the region are forbidden from engaging in activities that the other inhabitants of the region can do freely. They are forbidden from going to the beach, they may not rent houses, and they cannot receive service at restaurants. :shocked:

The almost-slaves of the modern Peloponnese are thus forced to live in warehouses or chicken coops with a lucky few able to house themselves in derelict buildings. For the privilege of these habitations, they must pay 50 euros.Like the autumnal slave massacres of ancient Sparta documented by Plutarch, the modern almost slaves of Laconia regularly face assaults. Last year, a group of 33 Bangladeshi farm workers were shot by their farm supervisors because they gathered to protest the working conditions at the camp.

According to the workers interviewed by Amnesty International, the supervisors threatened the workers that they would kill them and the shooting went on for nearly 20 minutes. The workers in that strawberry farm were found to have been living in sheds made of plastic sheeting, with no access to clean water and no bathrooms.

In another incident, a Pakistani migrant worker, Mohammad Asif reported that he had been assaulted by the Mayor of Evrotas Ioannis Grypiotis and then sent to a detention camp for 18 months. When he returned, the Mayor saw him again and threatened to hit him once more.

Another Pakistani worker, Nadim Asif, said that he was assaulted by the police because he could not immediately produce his papers. The officer broke his hand.

A Pakistani worker named Ibrar Hussein was also punched and kicked by the police. When another, Rizwan Ahmed, accused a police officer of assault, he was taken the police station and beaten up and told that he had no right to be anywhere in Greece except the farm that he worked on.

Police in the region are said to carry out regular raids of the migrants' houses, kicking and hitting them with trunches for no reason at all. Now known as migrant workers, the Pakistani slaves of Modern Greece are tied to the land, divested of their dignity and reduced to something less than human. Living in sheds and under tarps, picking the good fruit for others and fed the rotting fruit that no one else will eat, they like millions of others, are part of the new global underclass.

The Pakistani slaves of modern Greece - Blogs - DAWN.COM

1000 yrs MOGULS now became Slaves in Greece:rofl:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Greece are racist people and they do not tolerate others even in their premises or walking next to them.

I have friend who studied in cypress, his experience in cypress/greece is not good at all ..... while staying there he counted his days.

Only thing that is good is, Greece ladies are good looking, their oranges and lemons are big and sweet, these countries use Mercedes benz cars as cabs :troll:

Last edited:

Ajesh

Not that i have sympathy to Pakistan, specially the Punjabi-Pakistani, the Former Hindu convert to now Wannabe Arab,

But these are poor hapless people who found nil Opportunities in their Home Country and now have to work in Humiliating conditions abroad. My Heart goes to them.

And about the Greeks? Are they still living in the times of Alexander. Not to mention Alexander was famously driven out of Indian Sub-Continent

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Quick question: If the conditions are so bad in Greece, why do pakistanis go there ? You mean condition in Pakistan is worse ?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong: I believe most of them are illegal immigrants ?

Meriv90

Quick question: If the conditions are so bad in Greece, why do pakistanis go there ? You mean condition in Pakistan is worse ?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong: I believe most of them are illegal immigrants ?
Correct same happens here in italy, illegals are used by the criminality like slaves meanwhile i rent a flat to a regular Bangladesh worker(welder) that works for Fincantieri and he makes 2.2k euros month if there is work (fincantieri has commissions until 2019) or another lodger who works as a cook in venice making 1.1k.

This is at least my personal experience.

I know that for making parmesan cheese most of the milk farms are run by sikhs workers.

P.S. Funny part of this? About the Kolkata class, workers with experience in modular shipbuilding where coming just form your neighboorhood country and you were almost sending your first ships to be built in Europe.

Neo

Greece is one of the poorest EU countries surviving on donations from the rich members like Germany and Benelux. It is not an ideal country to migrate to and the Pakistanis suffering there are illegal migrants who often enter Greece through sea routes from Turkey. Pakistanis are not the only ones, Bandladeshi, Srilankans and Indian illegal migrants face same fate and challenges in.daily survival.

Don't make it look like a unique problem for Pakistan. There are Indian slaves working in Middle East in lot worse conditions. Go worry about them.

praneet.bajpaie

Greece is one of the poorest EU countries surviving on donations from the rich members like Germany and Benelux. It is not an ideal country to migrate to and the Pakistanis suffering there are illegal migrants who often enter Greece through sea routes from Turkey. Pakistanis are not the only ones, Bandladeshi, Srilankans and Indian illegal migrants face same fate and challenges in.daily survival.

Don't make it look like a unique problem for Pakistan. There are Indian slaves working in Middle East in lot worse conditions. Go worry about them.
I remember in one of your earlier posts you accused me of being in a di** measuring contest with you but here you are doing the same thing. Shouting from rooftops about Indians being worse off than Pakis won't help unless you have some solid proof. Let's face it, being a Paki anywhere on Earth, including Pakistan is a burden and a curse. That's why so many sports persons, actors and common people are so desperate to come to Evil Hindu India for all sorts of things.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Everybody knows there are Indians working in hellish conditions in the ME.
Why are you getting all defensive.
Dawn is a paki newspaper afterall.

Anyway, I have a question (in addition to the ones I asked in previous post):
Why do you think the Pakistanis are illegally immigrating to Greece or Italy and the EU ? Why not China which is just across the mountains ? They don't even need to take that life-threatening journey on that small boat

Could it be that in spite of the picture that this pakistani newspaper (Dawn) paints of Greeks being some sort of slave owner country, they are still more merciful than the Chinese ?

Last edited:

thethinker

Country flag
Neo-fascist groups are gaining much more influence in Greece especially after recession.
This gives rise to racism under the pretext of nationalism and anti-immigration. Prominent divisive groups like Golden Dawn are now much more vocal.

"The party ran a campaign during the Greek national elections of 2012 based on concerns for unemployment, austerity and the economy, as well as virulent anti-immigration rhetoric, which gained a large increase in support from the Greek electorate.[23] It received 7% of the popular vote, enough for the party to enter the Hellenic Parliament for the first time with 21 seats.[24] Following a second election in June, this was reduced to 18 seats."

Greece seems to be living in it's former glory days considering that it's future doesn't look inspiring and people from there look to UK and other nations for employment.

Greece: Thousands march in Athens anti-racism protest

Blackwater

answer in ur own language

indians are not the only ones, Bandladeshi, Srilankans and pakistani illegal/legal migrants face same fate and challenges in.daily survival in middle east.

sydsnyper

Country flag
You hit the nail on the head !!!

I would love to see @Neo 's response to this blemish on the sagar ki gehrayi se gehra dosti

Why do you think the Pakistanis are illegally immigrating to Greece or Italy and the EU ? Why not China which is just across the mountains ? They don't even need to take that life-threatening journey on that small boat

Could it be that in spite of the picture that this pakistani newspaper (Dawn) paints of Greeks being some sort of slave owner country, they are still more merciful than the Chinese ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

These new slaves of former Sparta are no longer the helots but Pakistanis and Bangladeshis.

Like their forbears, the almost slaves of ancient times, they too toil the agricultural fields, picking oranges which are squeezed to produce organic orange juice for wealthy Europeans. The similarities do not end there.

Like the helots of Ancient Sparta, the Pakistani and Bangladeshi workers in the region are forbidden from engaging in activities that the other inhabitants of the region can do freely. They are forbidden from going to the beach, they may not rent houses, and they cannot receive service at restaurants. :shocked:

The almost-slaves of the modern Peloponnese are thus forced to live in warehouses or chicken coops with a lucky few able to house themselves in derelict buildings. For the privilege of these habitations, they must pay 50 euros.Like the autumnal slave massacres of ancient Sparta documented by Plutarch, the modern almost slaves of Laconia regularly face assaults. Last year, a group of 33 Bangladeshi farm workers were shot by their farm supervisors because they gathered to protest the working conditions at the camp.

According to the workers interviewed by Amnesty International, the supervisors threatened the workers that they would kill them and the shooting went on for nearly 20 minutes. The workers in that strawberry farm were found to have been living in sheds made of plastic sheeting, with no access to clean water and no bathrooms.

In another incident, a Pakistani migrant worker, Mohammad Asif reported that he had been assaulted by the Mayor of Evrotas Ioannis Grypiotis and then sent to a detention camp for 18 months. When he returned, the Mayor saw him again and threatened to hit him once more.

Another Pakistani worker, Nadim Asif, said that he was assaulted by the police because he could not immediately produce his papers. The officer broke his hand.

A Pakistani worker named Ibrar Hussein was also punched and kicked by the police. When another, Rizwan Ahmed, accused a police officer of assault, he was taken the police station and beaten up and told that he had no right to be anywhere in Greece except the farm that he worked on.

Police in the region are said to carry out regular raids of the migrants' houses, kicking and hitting them with trunches for no reason at all. Now known as migrant workers, the Pakistani slaves of Modern Greece are tied to the land, divested of their dignity and reduced to something less than human. Living in sheds and under tarps, picking the good fruit for others and fed the rotting fruit that no one else will eat, they like millions of others, are part of the new global underclass.

The Pakistani slaves of modern Greece - Blogs - DAWN.COM

1000 yrs MOGULS now became Slaves in Greece:rofl:
Poverty can drive anyone to extremes.

Poor chaps.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Dawn should have been the first to mention about Indians too.

How come they missed that?

Neo

Everybody knows there are Indians working in hellish conditions in the ME.
Why are you getting all defensive.
Dawn is a paki newspaper afterall.

Illegals migrants from South Asia can be found all over the world including China, Japan and South Korea. I have met them in Shanhai, in Osaka, Pusan and even Tai Pei in Taiwan. Although compared to Europe or America their numbers are small.

Imho language barrier is one of the reason many don't see east asian giants as ideal countries to migrate
to.
Another reason is the perception of Europe and America as rich paradises exist with larger section of the migrating people making them more attractive than China.
There are large communities of Pakistani migrants in many European countries like Uk, France, Germany, Scandinavia, Benelux, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and Austria. Many illegal migrants acquire some help of families and friends whoa have already settled there.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles