The new photo of milgem (national vessel)

fighter_35

THE new photo of turkish indigenious corvette is published, she will start the ssea trials in two months and will be commissioned in july 2011...:angry_1:

MÄ°LGEM project, from the Turkish words Milli Gemi (National Ship), is the name of Turkish national warship program, the purpose of which is to build a modern littoral combat warship with indigenous anti-submarine warfare and high-seas patrol capabilities, extensively using the principles of stealth technology in its design.[1]

Construction of the first MİLGEM class corvette, F-511 TCG Heybeliada, began on 26 July 2005. TCG Heybeliada was put to sea with a ceremony on September 27, 2008 (during which the construction of F-512 TCG Büyükada, the second MİLGEM class warship, also began) and is scheduled to be completed by 25 October 2010, when it will start undergoing full sea trials before being officially commissioned. F-511 TCG Heybeliada is expected to enter service in early 2011.[2]

A total of twelve MÄ°LGEM class warships (eight corvettes and four frigates) will be built for the Turkish Navy, with possible exports to other countries.[2]

Attachments

fighter_35

This is the latest photo of Milgem. The painting of the hangar area seems to be completed. The main gun is installed. It is a 76mm OTO-Melara. It has the new stealth cupola for reduced radar cross section but it is different than show previously on documents on Milgem.

Apparently the installation of the weapon systems with the exception of the anti ship missiles are completed.

The scaffold around the mast indicates that there is still work to do there.

The second Milgem class corvette, TCG Büyükada can be seen as the red hull in construction, behind TCG Heybeliada.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JDzeMOPVSVg/TM3niZSsphI/AAAAAAAAHcU/0FY1X3nnDaU/s1600/F511_261010_5.jpg here is the link you can see the photo quite good

Rage

DFI TEAM
Good to see you back Turkish bro.

I've been following the progress of TCG Heybeliada for some time now, and I must say I'm impressed.

The new bridge console inside looks fabulous, and the Geospatial navigation systems mean it will become a truly formidable beast.

If there was one point of contention I'd pick, it would be that the sonar is hull-mounted and not variable-depth.

Other than that, I think this system'll do fantastically. And the prospect of export to countries in Asia, Latin Am. and the Mid East remains strong too.

fighter_35

thx rage , bro , really she looks very beautifull, i will fall in love with it.DDDDDD:funny_2:

by the way , the sonar is fully indigenious ....

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
So is Turkey opening it for exports since its stealthy and all? Milgem has great potential for a strong export substitute for many of the existing world exporters.

fighter_35

yes , we can export it ,and also government wanna sell it to pakistan , pakistan wanted too be in milgem project , but after the floods it is not known yet that they will buy it or not..

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Nice................. :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles