The Muslim vote bank is about to go bust

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by parijataka, Oct 17, 2012.

1. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

New phenomenon as seen in recent Nanded and Jangipur elections and earlier in UP and Assam. How is this going to affect parties such as Congress (they relied for many decades in Gujarat for example on KHAM i.e. Kshatriya-Harijan-Adivasi-Muslim vote bank) and SP (relies on MY i.e. Muslim-Yadav vote bank) in the long run ?

Parties beware: The Muslim vote bank is about to go bust

panduranghari and Raj30 like this.
  3. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

^ I don't know how alluded to this but some expert did mention this and it was discussed on DFI too. With failure of Congress and other assorted parties to look out for Muslim interests, Muslims are increasingly becoming disillusioned with secular parties and are tending to side with muslim leaders, who invariably are on an extremist path.
    Paradoxically, Modi is the answer imho.

4. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

^^ Modi has always been the answer, be it 2002, 2012 or 2014. Hypocrites and pseudo-secularists however, thought otherwise.

panduranghari likes this.
  5. Singh

I disagree. In 2002 he was the problem. Future if Congress gets its act together, then he won't be.

This is an unqualified comment. Even BJP + RSS don't think he is the answer, else declare him the PM candidate ?

6. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Singh ji, IMHO Congress Party for at least 3+ decades was an organisation with a many talented leaders and managed to satisfy Hindus, Muslims and other sections of society. First Hindus and now Muslims seem to be getting disillusioned with the party.

EDIT : I was ok with either Congress or BJP forming the govt in 2009 vs a ragtag Third Front but seeing the humongous amount of corruption Congress party and its allies have done in last 8 years, I am hoping they will be voted out decisively in next Lok Sabha elections whenever they're held. Congress Party should sit in Opposition for at least next 10 years for their hubris and arrogance to subside as displayed by their spokesperson on TV.

Not to say that other parties, including BJP who I now prefer over Congress, are clean as Ganga water. BJP I prefer because almost all the states they are in power are doing well with good CMs. Even Karnataka, despite bad publicity with Yeddyurappa, is no laggard wrt development. With a galaxy of very capable and committed leaders like Narendra Modi, Manohar Parrikar, Shivraj Chouhan, BC Khanduri, etc at state level and leaders like Jaitley at center, I am hoping the Indian voter will give a chance to BJP by voting them in with a good majority.

I dread a Third/Fourth/Fifth Front which will be probably even worse than Congress. Of course there is still time for Congress to fool the voters with some loan waiver, or massive freebies that will make it a hat trick !

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    Raj30 and Singh like this.
  7. Singh

Spot on. Everyone is disillusioned with Congress, right now. Muslims are as a result going towards Muslim parties and not secular parties.

8. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

No.

Modi is not the answer, but only five or six political parties in system will do lot better for India.

9. spikey360

:laugh: Come on Singhji, we both know those sort of BJP+RSS disagreeing on Modi news is a concoction by media houses like IBN, TimesNow and NDTV. Have you any official statements from them? None. ZILCH. No reason for RSS to not support Modi if they are not trying to appease Muslims. No reason for BJP to not put up Modi if they are not trying to lose LS 2014. Do you think either is the case? Be realistic.

You know, in 2002, Muslims ganged up and burned 55 Hindu karsewaks who did not provoke anyone. The majority among them were women and Children. See what I mean when I say hypocrites and pseudo-seculars? Can't even decide/doesn't even know which came before which! Read the chronology of events please.

Raj30 likes this.
  10. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

EjazR, had done an analysis and he had shown that in the last assembly election in Karnataka, BJP had gathered a significant share of the Muslim votes in the state. If somebody could find it and pull it out, it will make good reading in light of this article.

OT: I miss the inputs from EjazR here, wonder what happened.

11. Singh

You are missing the picture. I am not a jealous BJP politician, who is wary of Modi.

I don't wish to discuss this here.

12. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I find a quote of Hindustan Times.

Sharma,the political editor of HT is a confirmed camp follower of the Congress Party.

One has to spook the Muslims so that the vote bank remains intact.

In actuality, the Congress in Bengal has blamed the Govt Big Bang Reforms for the diminishing returns,

Today's papers in Bengal indicates that the Congress has asked the Central Govt to rethink the cooking gas subsidy quota.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  13. spikey360

This is not how the party works. There is a clear ideology of Hindutva which unites the whole party. Everyone starting from the ordinary worker to the Bjp chief is a follower of the ideology. That is the driving force behind all decisions in the party. If following the call of Hindutva means some jealous leader has to sacrifice his prime ministerial dream, then that will be done, without a second thought. The party deviated from this stance once during LS 2004. It didn't work well. They aren't doing the same mistake twice.
    Therefore you cannot judge a probable decision like choosing Modi as pm candidate merely through the narrow prism of jealousy among other leaders. That, is called, not seeing the big picture.

14. SHURIDH

SHURIDH Senior Member Senior Member

The number of muslim voter in jangipur is 9 lakh.
    Getting 67000votes out of 9 lakhs does not show rise of those party.
    They got 67000votes because
    Maximum tmc supporter vote for sdpi,wpi and bjp as
    sagardighi mla shubrto saha say tmc supporter are free to vote anybody except congress.
    Tmc has 10-12% vote in jangipur loksabha seat and they won sagardighi vidhansava seat.
    and cpim and tmc has bitter relation.so where tmc voter will vote.
    Sdpi and Wpi also get some vote on the basis of delay of aligarh muslim university campus.
    But it is temparory issue and will be solved within few months and tmc will contest next time.
    So those party won't get much vote in next election.
    Wrong analysis