The Movie Recommendation Thread

KS

Bye bye DFI
Most of the guys hate this movie but I find it pretty funny(as compared to the Epic, Disaster, SuperHero movie..)
Me too loved it :D....Carmen Elektra :drool:

Watch these movies too if you have not seen it already -

KS

Bye bye DFI
For all the East Asian action movie buffs -

mahesh

Country flag
have anyone watched A BEAUTIFUL MIND

The film stars Russell Crowe,

A Beautiful Mind is a 2001 American drama film based on the life of John Nash, a Nobel Laureate in Economics, who involves too much into his research & later becomes a mental patient in 1959 for schizophrenia but recovers from it.

it looks like a fantasy story where the hero will be accompanied by 2 friends but later on you will find that everything is fictitious, i was more thrilled to find out that it was a true story of a great mathematician, John Forbes Nash, Jr.

Zebra

Country flag

Prey (2007 film)

Prey is a 2007 horror thriller film based on a screenplay from Jeff Wadlow, Beau Bauman and was co-written and directed by Darrell Roodt, the film stars Bridget Moynahan, Peter Weller and Carly Schroeder.

Tom Newman, a hydroelectrical engineer, arrives in Africa with his family to help build a dam. His daughter, Jessica, isn't getting along with her stepmother, Amy, because she is not happy about her parents divorce. The next morning, Amy, Jessica and her brother David go on a game drive with Brian, a ranger, while Tom goes to the dam......

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
CinemaScope

This is not a recommendation because the movie probably can't be found anywhere, but when CinemaScope came out I saw a travelogue, maybe in 1960, with two segments which I remember vividly. One was a mass drop by the 82nd Abn Division (from C-119s!) and the other was of Kashmir. What an idyllic place they showed, with houseboats floating on flower-bedecked waters. Many years later I heard it was not always idyllic.

mahesh

Country flag
Edward Scissorhands

Staring Johny Depp, you all will be surely knowing Johny Depp of Pirates of the Caribbean

Edward Scissorhands is a 1990 romantic fantasy film

one of my all time favorite, hope you may like it and enjoy :thumb:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Add True Grit (2010) to my list. The girl who played Mattie Ross was much better in the part than Kim Darby, although I missed Strother Martin from the John Wayne version of the movie.

And another really good movie by the Coen brothers is A Serious Man.

agentperry

watch "english patient". great depth.
and if you have no problem with subtitles then waltz with bashir.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Me too loved it :D....Carmen Elektra :drool:

Watch these movies too if you have not seen it already -

I love Guy Ritchie's movies and saw them repeatedly. If possible watch his other movies as well - RocknRolla and Sherlock Holmes.

KS

Bye bye DFI
I love Guy Ritchie's movies and saw them repeatedly. If possible watch his other movies as well - RocknRolla and Sherlock Holmes.
Watched RocknRolla already and Sherlock Holmes thrice...

KS

Bye bye DFI
Thalapathy is good but anba sivam is the best :)
I agree that it's a good movie..but for some unknown reason it was a flop...but yeah it's a recommended movie..

mahesh

Country flag
happy Gandhi Jayanti to all of you :namaste:

let's hope that if everyone in this world get's just even a spark of enlightenment of a Gandhian thoughts, the world will be more heavenly then heavens.......

on this day, I would like to dedicate a movie to everyone here, SUPER...

Staring Upendra

SUPER is a kannada movie which was later voice dubbed to telugu.

Super depicts a Utopian India in the year 2030 where Indians are pictured to be wealthy, hard-working, and are seen wearing traditional clothing consisting of Ilkal saree and panche. In contrast, westerners are the ones taking care of menial jobs like taxi driving, janitorial, etc. It is a future where the rupee is valued 70 times the British pound and people who cannot speak Kannada or other indian language are considered illiterates and westerners are visibly apologetic about the same.

NOTE : THIS POST IS NOT TO INTENTIONALLY HURT ENGLISH PEOPLE, BUT IT'S FUTURIST PICTURE OF INDIA IN 2030

Global Defence

New threads

Articles