The Movie Recommendation Thread

Galaxy

Country flag
Chaser / Chugyeogja - Korean (Must watch Thriller) - another one of my all time favourite thriller movie

Last edited by a moderator:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Good thread. Please rate the movie when you shout the name in here. Thanks :)

mahesh

Country flag
OK

i would also recommend some seriously great movies of particular genre

starting with the comedy movies
(based of war) Tropic Thunder
NOTE :- This is one of the great comedy movies i have seen, I will bet on you that you too like this movie a hell lot

Tom Cruise has also acted in this movie HE ALSO HAVE DANCED IN IT ( you will find hard to identify him )

A group of actors shooting a big-budget war movie are forced to become the soldiers they are portraying.
A film crew is in Southeast Asia filming a Vietnam-war memoir. It's early in the shooting, but they're already behind schedule and over budget. On the day an accident befalls the novice director,
Director is ordered by studio executive to get filming back on track, or risk the cancellation of production.

Director drops the actors into the middle of the jungle, where he has installed hidden cameras and rigged special effects explosions to film "guerrilla-style". The actors have guns that fire blanks, along with a map and scene listing that will guide them to a helicopter waiting at the end of the jungle route. Unbeknownst to the actors and the production, the group have been dropped in the middle of the home of the heroin-producing Flaming Dragon gang. Shortly after the group set off, the five actors are stunned to see director blown up by an old land mine. actors believing director faked his death, & director is alive and that they are still shooting the film.

the cast and crew are attacked by a gang of poppy-growing local drug dealers, except the cast and crew don't realize these aren't actors who are stalking them. The thugs kidnap Tugg Speedman, an actor whose star seems on the decline, and it's up to the rest of the ragtag team to band together long enough to attempt his rescue operation. But will Tugg want to leave?

(IF YOU WANNA WATCH IT ONLINE, I WOULD GIVE YOU LINKS, JUST MESSAGE ME)

please reply back if you like THE MOVIE :p

Last edited by a moderator:

mahesh

Country flag
i am searching for a war movie which happens in seas with a warship and 1 or 2 submarines, the sonar will be used to identify the submarine, submarine men will figure it out and they will ask the crew to be silent later they will broad cast some song (might be a nation anthem) in open radio, which obviously they will hear. i couldn't watch the movie later on for some reason, i couldn't even remember the name of film because it was way back in 7 to 10 yrs and it was a bit old movie`

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
i am searching for a war movie which happens in seas with a warship and 1 or 2 submarines, the sonar will be used to identify the submarine, submarine men will figure it out and they will ask the crew to be silent later they will broad cast some song (might be a nation anthem) in open radio, which obviously they will hear. i couldn't watch the movie later on for some reason, i couldn't even remember the name of film because it was way back in 7 to 10 yrs and it was a bit old movie`
The Hunt for the Red October ? I will rate it 10/10 BTW.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I don't know which movie you are talking about - but the best submarine movie ever made is a german movies called "Das Boot" also has some what similar storyline as you described.

lambu

movie name is u571 mostly mahesh . I think am correct . Excellent movie . Watch it with out fail.

lambu

am surprised movie shashank redemption is not mentioned in this thread . For all those who have not seen a must watch movie . Its rated all time top ten movie along with seven samurai.

Oracle

Killer Elite

New movie starring Clive Owen, Jason Statham, Robert DeNiro. Good watch! Based on a supposedly true story.

Also, watched The Bank Job, starring Jason Statham. Based on a true story. Good watch again.

amoy

Doctor Zhivago - a very old movie

And recently I just completed The Tudors Season IV

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
"The Conspirator"

I'll give it a watch. Thanks mate!
Redford in an interview for TV seemed to want to say that the Mary Surratt case was relevant today for the Guantanamo prisoners, but it was of much historical interest as well. The machinations by Lincoln's Secretary of War (played by Kevin Kline) to make sure Surratt was hanged quickly along with the other conspirators were very dramatically, even tragically, played out.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles