The most powerful region in South Asian history was the southern part of India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
(Here we go off again!)

Any constructive proof to prove your argument?
Reason why Delhi, Patna and other cities around the region are made as capitals
Again Red Fort was constructed by the conquerors, so blows your point.

Red Fort
Yes RedFort was constructed by invaders before that Delhi used to have its forts and in Mahabharata indraprasta was located in the same region, I just gave generalization naming red fort.

South has barriers? :lol:

Please do explain what Himalayas were doing in the North. I certainly believe they weren't providing sufficient protection from invaders:rofl:

Again not arguing that the northern empires weren't powerfull but please do let me know how the south didn't have any?

It should be an interesting read.
Read about Vindhya mountains, rivers and Forests.

jouni

Lovely academic pondering about aspects of foreign invasion.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Reason why Delhi, Patna and other cities around the region are made as capitals
Madurai was similarly the capital of the south and so on.

Yes RedFort was constructed by invaders before that Delhi used to have its forts and in Mahabharata indraprasta was located in the same region, I just gave generalization naming red fort.
If you couldn't comprehend, that failed your purpose.

Read about Vindhya mountains, rivers and Forests.
Are you stating that they provided better protection that Hindu-Kush and Himalayas. Probably some one else has a lot of reading to do

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Madurai was similarly the capital of the south and so on.

If you couldn't comprehend, that failed your purpose.

Are you stating that they provided better protection that Hindu-Kush and Himalayas. Probably some one else has a lot of reading to do
I have made my points, if you cannot understand them ... that is not my problem.

The thread is a B.S ..... I would like to see where this discussion leads .... this is interesting for sure.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I have made my points, if you cannot understand them ... that is not my problem.

The thread is a B.S ..... I would like to see where this discussion leads .... this is interesting for sure.

this thread is basically to divide north and south .. nothing more than that

The constant fight of northern empires with intruders and the might of souther empires is the cause India is still 90% Dharmic :D

Dreamhunter

Country flag
because whenever any invader came he travelled to conquer east not south. Only once when the invader conquered the complete north, they realized to travel south but before they could reach any further south, they had to face many kingdoms and by the time they reached south they were already more than 1000 km from north.

Plus there were northern Kingdoms who were in constant war with the invaders which always disturbed invaders to carry on a successful southern campaign. Plus the might of southern empire was another bigger challenge to take on.
Not really. The Scythian invaders conquered northwestern India but instead of invading the east they invaded the Deccan but the Scythian invaders were defeated by the Satavahana Dynasty. The Arabs also invaded the Deccan after conquering northwestern India but the Arabs were also defeated by the Chalukya Dynasty of southern India.
Only the Turkic invaders invaded the Deccan after having conquered whole northern India. The Turks of the Delhi Sultanate were able to raise huge armies because of the resources of northern India and thanks to the newly converted Indian Muslims and they invaded southern India but the Turkic invaders of the Delhi Sultanate were defeated by the Vijayanagara Empire.
Even the Mughals invaded southern India with one of the largest armies in the world but even they were repelled by the Maratha Empire.

pulikesi

It is sacrilegious for many in this forum to suggest Huns and Scythians making inroads into India, leave alone achieving conquest. For them, all Indians are indigenous, and anyone who suggests otherwise is a "Marxist."
I understand where this is coming from. But let me try this, Scythians were nomads who settled in the north-west region and later gained military power. If Syrian Christians of Kerala had established their own kingdom, probably they too would be considered indigenous??

because whenever any invader came he travelled to conquer east not south. Only once when the invader conquered the complete north, they realized to travel south but before they could reach any further south, they had to face many kingdoms and by the time they reached south they were already more than 1000 km from north.

Plus there were northern Kingdoms who were in constant war with the invaders which always disturbed invaders to carry on a successful southern campaign. Plus the might of southern empire was another bigger challenge to take on.
+1

pulikesi

this reminds me of a friend's status on fb few days ago in relation to Modi's TN election plans: just don't go to south before consolidating north, crazy things happen in the south :p

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Not really. The Scythian invaders conquered northwestern India but instead of invading the east they invaded the Deccan but the Scythian invaders were defeated by the Satavahana Dynasty. The Arabs also invaded the Deccan after conquering northwestern India but the Arabs were also defeated by the Chalukya Dynasty of southern India.
Only the Turkic invaders invaded the Deccan after having conquered whole northern India. The Turks of the Delhi Sultanate were able to raise huge armies because of the resources of northern India and thanks to the newly converted Indian Muslims and they invaded southern India but the Turkic invaders of the Delhi Sultanate were defeated by the Vijayanagara Empire.
Even the Mughals invaded southern India with one of the largest armies in the world but even they were repelled by the Maratha Empire.
I gave you the reason why they were defeated.

More over Scynthians known as Sakas had similar culture as of others in North India. Since Mahabharat Happened.
Everheard of Sakyamuni?? Is the other name of Siddharth Gautam!!

So you need not to bring this crap.

Secondly, Arabs faced many blows from both Northern And southern Empires. One empire fell other struck , then another rose, that's how Arabs and Turks invaders were also in constant hits by Northern empires before they reached south.

The defeat is currently the area called Pakistan where muslims are in Majority. That happened due to British secretly supporting Mughals and turks to weaken Northern Empire.

You need to understand the term strategic response before making stupid statements.

pulikesi

More over Scynthians known as Sakas had similar culture as of others in North India. Since Mahabharat Happened.
Buddha belonged to different Sakya clan in Nepal, not the Indo-Scythians. Indo-Scythians appeared in Indian sub-continent after Ashoka.

Secondly, Arabs faced many blows from both Northern And southern Empires. One empire fell other struck , then another rose, that's how Arabs and Turks invaders were also in constant hits by Northern empires before they reached south
The state of affairs in Sindh during Arab invasion was miserable. Arabs simply marched down Gujarat and lost to the Chalukyans. Afterwards they limited themselves to the north-west.

I don't find anything stupid in Dreamhunter's points. But I'd like to add that before the rise of Vijayanagar empire, the Turk generals had plundered the south.

Dreamhunter

Country flag
I gave you the reason why they were defeated.

So you need not to bring this crap.

Secondly, Arabs faced many blows from both Northern And southern Empires. One empire fell other struck , then another rose, that's how Arabs and Turks invaders were also in constant hits by Northern empires before they reached south.

The defeat is currently the area called Pakistan where muslims are in Majority. That happened due to British secretly supporting Mughals and turks to weaken Northern Empire.

You need to understand the term strategic response before making stupid statements.
Again wrong. The Scythians conquered northwestern India and used it as a base to invade southern India.
They even appointed soldiers from northwestern India to enlarge their armies. But the Scythians were repelled by the Satavahana Dynasty. The Arabs also conquered northwestern India and Sindh became their capital in South Asia. From Sindh they sent a large army to invade southern India but the Arabs were defeated by the Chalukya Dynasty. After this victory the Chalukya army went on to liberate whole Gujarat from Arab rule. On the other hand the north Indian Kingdoms failed to liberate Sindh and large parts of modern Pakistan from Arab rule.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Again wrong. The Scythians conquered northwestern India and used it as a base to invade southern India.
They even appointed soldiers from northwestern India to enlarge their armies. But the Scythians were repelled by the Satavahana Dynasty. The Arabs also conquered northwestern India and Sindh became their capital in South Asia. From Sindh they sent a large army to invade southern India but the Arabs were defeated by the Chalukya Dynasty. After this victory the Chalukya army went on to liberate whole Gujarat from Arab rule. On the other hand the north Indian Kingdoms failed to liberate Sindh and large parts of modern Pakistan from Arab rule.
arre bhaiya.. all these synthians are already mentioned in mahabharat. you are not saying anything new.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Buddha belonged to different Sakya clan in Nepal, not the Indo-Scythians. Indo-Scythians appeared in Indian sub-continent after Ashoka.

The state of affairs in Sindh during Arab invasion was miserable. Arabs simply marched down Gujarat and lost to the Chalukyans. Afterwards they limited themselves to the north-west.

I don't find anything stupid in Dreamhunter's points. But I'd like to add that before the rise of Vijayanagar empire, the Turk generals had plundered the south.
Buddha had Bhardwaja Gotra.. and if you go along the Mahabharata they were then Synthians.

pulikesi

Now please don't tell me we had nuclear bombs 4000yrs ago because Mahabharat says so :x

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag

Mahabharat already mention these names, you are not telling anything new. Sakas were part of Ancient Indian Empires.

Arabs and Turks were Intruders, who came and tried to change both belief and culture. The other north Indian empires were in constant conflict with them. Otherwise India would be 90% Muslim.

Now please don't tell me we had nuclear bombs 4000yrs ago because Mahabharat says so :x
you are a Paki for sure tu nahi manta mat maan mein toh manunga.. kya karlega sala Porki??

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
BC ek baar samjha diya samjh nahi ati tujhe uppar likha hai explanation ... tu BC yahan troll karne aty ho tumhari m** ki ch***

how does it matter if it was north Indian or south Indians .. they f*cked the Arabs and others that's most important.

Happy @Dreamhunter Pakistani

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
This thread must be closed .. it has been initiated by Porki Mullah Looser ideology.

Dreamhunter

Country flag
Mahabharat already mention these names, you are not telling anything new. Sakas were part of Ancient Indian Empires.

Arabs and Turks were Intruders, who came and tried to change both belief and culture. The other north Indian empires were in constant conflict with them. Otherwise India would be 90% Muslim.

you are a Paki for sure
North indian kingdoms did not fight the Turks. The Turkic invader Mahmud Ghazni invaded and plundered north India 17 times but none of the north Indian rulers were able to defeat him. In fact some north Indian rulers even surrendered without a fight like cowards. When Ghazni invaded Gujarat the ruler of Gujarat fled instead of fighting like a real warrior and betrayed his subjects.

But why did Ghazni never lead any military campaigns into the Deccan and south India?
The answer is obvious. The 2 most powerful Dynasties of South Asia ruled at that time in the Deccan and south India which were the Western Chalukya Empire and Chola Empire. Ghazni knew that he did not stand a chance against these powerful Dynasties which had a high number of great warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles