The Monarchist Thread ヽ(゚ー゚ヽ) *praise*

Dreamhunter

Country flag
William the Conqueror is not forgotten in Normandy .. kind of a national hero there !
The Bayeux tapestry of course attracts lot of visitors ! I will check your thread, thanks.

Sometimes an invader changes the curse of history in a country for ever.. whether it is Caesar or William the Conqueror.
I always wondered why William is called by the British as the first King of England despite of the fact that he was a foreign invader who spoke French.

VaghaDeva

sum gai
Norman French...........also he was descended from Norsemen just like other Normans thats why its called Normandy.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Babur is not considered an Indian ruler by medieval Indians or even modern Indians.
Akbar is considered an Indian. Similarly all later generations of Norman/French kings(Angevin,Plantagenet from Anjou in France) are considered English.

As for Babur, our history textbooks(ICSE) did mention him as an Indian ruler albeit of foreign origin.

pmaitra

Akbar is considered an Indian. Similarly all later generations of Norman/French kings(Angevin,Plantagenet from Anjou in France) are considered English.

As for Babur, our history textbooks(ICSE) did mention him as an Indian ruler albeit of foreign origin.
Babur was from present day Uzbekistan, which in antiquity was Bactria. Kanishka was also from Bactria. Both are considered Indian, quasi-Indian, as well as foreign, by different historians.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
I wish my own favourite monarch had landed in India and not Egypt ;) fun alternate history plot hehe.

Persian embassy at Finkelstein Castle, Prussia 1807

image.jpeg

VaghaDeva

sum gai
I sincerely wish Germany would become a monarchy again and give merkel some honest to goodness rat cage torture

VaghaDeva

sum gai

La Gaule unie
Formant une seule nation
Animée d'un même esprit,
Peut défier l'Univers.

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
India royalist, 93, fulfils dream of meeting William and Kate

Image captionBoman Kohinoor passed on his love to William and Kate's children during his royal rendezvous
The dream of a 93-year-old Indian restaurateur to meet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge has come true after a viral social media campaign.

Prince William and his wife Kate met Boman Kohinoor, owner of a famous Mumbai Parsi cafe, on Sunday at the city's Taj Mahal Palace hotel.

The royal rendezvous took place after they were told of the campaign with the misspelled hashtag #WillKatMeetMe.

Mr Kohinoor has a strong claim to be India's oldest and biggest royalist.

The huge cardboard cut-outs of William and Kate that adorn his restaurant reflect a lifetime of devotion. In 2010, he wrote to the Queen asking her to visit and she replied to thank him on a letterhead stamped with the Windsor crest.

In pictures: Day one of the royal tour

Image copyrightAFP
Image captionMr Kohinoor is one of India's oldest and most devoted royalists
Image copyrightAFP
Image captionThe Queen, Mahatma Gandhi and Iran all figure prominently on the walls of the Britannia Co. Parsi restaurant in Mumbai
"I met Their Royal Highnesses [on Sunday] evening at the Taj," Mr Kohinoor toldConde Nast Traveller.

"They were very kind and asked me about my restaurant and my favourite dishes there.

"I told them about the berry pulao and how it's made using my late wife's recipe."

Mr Kohinoor said that he was asked by the royal pair if he could cook. "I said no, but I serve my customers well," he replied.

"I told them: Give my love to the Queen, and to [your] children Prince George and Princess Charlotte, too.

"I wish I had more time to speak, but I'm thankful for this opportunity."

The veteran restaurateur said that he was given the opportunity after a video in which he pleaded to meet the royal pair was posted on the internet.

"TRH (their royal highnesses) were very touched and invited him to their hotel before last night's charity gala," Kensington Palace tweeted on Monday,

Earlier at the Taj Mahal Palace, the couple spoke to survivors of the 2008 terror attacks in the city.

The seven-day tour will also see them travel to the remote Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan.

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
Mysureans brave cold to see newly wed royals
DECCAN CHRONICLE. | SHILPA P
Yaduveer, Trishika go in procession at Palace premises.

The newly wed royal couple in Mysuru on Wednesday (Photo: DC)
Mysuru: Braving the wet windy weather, at least a 1000 Mysureans turned out to watch newly weds Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar and Trishika Kumari go in procession in the grounds of the Mysuru palace in a BMW S7 series car, one of the 13 luxury cars owned by the late scion of the Mysuru royal family, Srikantadatta Narasimha Raja Wadiyar on Wednesday.

While Trishika wore a peach chiffon saree and diamonds to match, Yaduveer looked every inch the royal in a golden sherwani, a red vally and a golden turban, which he matched with antique jewellery.

The royal couple was driven to the Trinayaneswara, Kodi Someshwara and Bhuvaneswari temples among others in the grounds of the illuminated palace by Srikantadatta Wadiyar’s favourite driver, 40 -year- old Suresh M, who has served the family for 21 years, to the tunes of the police bands playing Carnatic and Western music.

Accompanied by Pramoda devi and Trishika’s parents, Harshvardhan Singh and Maheshree, the couple was lustily cheered by the crowd lining the route of the procession.

Meanwhile, the seven- day long royal wedding rituals concluded on Wednesday. The day began with the couple performing a series of poojas and Yaduveer tying the second mangalasutara of Karimani around his bride’s neck.

Later, after a Vadhu pravesha , Trishika was welcomed at the Madan Vilas door and the rituals ended with the removal of kankana in Yaduveer’s pooja room.
The couple will visit the Chamundeswari temple atop the Chamundi hills on July 1 and then a reception for over 2000 guests in the ballroom of the Bengaluru Palace the next day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 926
JaguarWarrior Russia Ukraine conflict media thread Europe and Russia 86