The Maoists are also Indians

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Is it wrong to revolt against anything that is unconstitutional?

Perhaps yes. If I and you counterfeit currency notes, we go to jail. When the government, via the RBI, does the same thing, they get scott free. Care to explain why such dichotomy?
Gladly.
The Government, which draws its power from the people, has been given a mandate to maintain the precarious balance of the economy by controlling the number and value of a currency note in circulation according to the principles of free market policy. Due to the the inappropriate choice of people, inept members of the political fraternity sit at the helm of the governmental bodies which in turn manipulate the Rbi, such that the economy keeps bankrolling their populist economic policies which perhaps ensures their retention of power for yet another term. Therefore, though paradoxical, the people are at fault and not the officials when they `counterfit notes using Rbi machinery`and go scottfree as the people should have been clairvoyant enough to have seen the rise of these problems and not lament afterwards, definitely not revolt against it by counterfeiting themselves before making the law conducive for such an exercise which might perhaps impart legality to it.
Now in the case of Maoists, they are indulging in an activity which is beyond the rights given to every citizen by the State. If such activity has to be given a stamp of legality, even then it has to be done through a political process which obviously includes their entry into politics and excludes their tyranny in jungles using arms and ammunitions and help from anti Indian forces. In short, if you have to beat the system, be the system, or do not allow the system to be put up in the first place.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Gladly.
The Government, which draws its power from the people, has been given a mandate to maintain the precarious balance of the economy by controlling the number and value of a currency note in circulation according to the principles of free market policy. Due to the the inappropriate choice of people, inept members of the political fraternity sit at the helm of these bodies who in turn manipulate the Rbi, such that the economy keeps bankrolling their populist economic policies which perhaps ensures their retention of power for yet another term. Therefore, though paradoxical, the people are at fault and not the officials when they `counterfit notes using Rbi notes`and go scottfree as the people should have been clairvoyant enough to have seen the rise of these problems and not lament afterwards, definitely not revolt against it by counterfeiting themselves before making the law conducive for such an exercise which might perhaps impart legality to it.
Now in the case of Maoists, they are indulging in an activity which is beyond the rights given to every citizen by the State. If such activity has to be given a stamp of legality, even then it has to be done through a political process which obviously includes their entry into politics and excludes their tyranny in jungles using arms and ammunitions and help from anti Indian forces. In short, if you have to beat the system, be the system, or do not allow the system to be put up in the first place.
Good explanation, and I acknowledge that.

You are correct - the electorate is to blame to a large extent for all the ills facing this country.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Good explanation, and I acknowledge that.

You are correct - the electorate is to blame to a large extent for all the ills facing this country.
Thank you. I'm glad to have had the opportunity to put my thoughts into words.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
GoI wants feudalism in India, by refusing to abolish it on the ground. It is unacceptable, because that would be going against the Indian Constitution, which calls for abolition of feudalism. So, do you recommend police or military operations against GoI?
I don't deny this.

Ask Chidambaram who is our Home Minister!

I am afraid you crib too much.

The tribal drink bottle water and also have ice cream!!!!

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
As per constitution of India and Code of criminal proceedure and one who raises Arms against Union of India is an "enemy". No law can make any one born in India and sun of the soil not to be an Indian. However, for all purposes they are waging a war against the state and the state machinary has all rights to treat them as enemies to be dealt with appropriate laws. They are killed, not illegally, but under due process of law.

Citizens have right to protest against any law but by a process under law and not pick up guns. If they pick up guns they have all obligations to be killed. Violence on the part of citizens must beget more violence from the state. State has rights to maiantain its existance. That is why Maoist are anti national.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
maoists are also Indians ? so what..they are breaking law and fighting against Indian constitution and are in effect traitors.

The legal punishment for treason can be death penalty so there is nothing wrong in putting a bullet through there heads.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
maoists are also Indians ? so what..they are breaking law and fighting against Indian constitution and are in effect traitors.

The legal punishment for treason can be death penalty so there is nothing wrong in putting a bullet through there heads.
They have the right to peaceful protest and pull dhoties of Indian leaders, vote as per choice and demand accountability from politicians and administration. They have right to enjoy all rights as conferred on every citizen by the Constitution. They even have the rights to demand amendments in the constitution by by method as allowed by law.

However, remember, under democratic political theory, it is individual in whom the final sovereignty vests and not the state. The other view could be that sovereignty vests with the state and individuals are mere parts of it having entered into a social contract with the state ! The former is true democratic theory and later is applied in autocratic states.

Koovie

Anyone who is against the idea of a united Indian republic with freedom and liberty is not an Indian in my eyes, since there is not an "Indian race, culture or language" anyway.

Those who are ready to stop fighting should be forgiven and they need to be reintegrated into society while GOI and state governments have to increase development projects in the affected areas. And the hardcore comminists who cant be healed will meet the Cobras

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles