The Maoists are also Indians

bhramos

Country flag
Independent India has been consistent in its approach to the million mutinies that threatened the country's unity and integrity through the past six decades and more. That pattern is something like this: popular alienation is simply left unaddressed even if the root cause remains no great mystery and is possible to be tackled; sometimes the ruling party willfully exploits the alienation to suit the needs of electoral politics (Khalistan); the wounds inevitably fester over time; and, when the wound becomes septic the Indian state cauterizes it without any anesthesia so that the patient freaks out with pain and the horrific memory of state brutality would, hopefully, linger for ever and teach a lesson.

But the wound as such is never healed. J&K and the northeastern states are still under army occupation. Isn't there some other way to handle political alienation in the 21st century? India prides itself to be a country with a difference in the world community as a nation of moral stature. In the international forums, it is losing shyness and has begun taking up open positions on human rights and human security — for example, on Sri Lanka and Syria in the UNHRC in Geneva in the recent months. It frequently speaks out at the UN Security Council debates — be it on Sudan or Afghanistan. These are of course only appropriate for an ambitious, aspiring regional power.
And, yet, India's own track record continues to remain dismal. The Indian state's "biggest encounter" with the Maoists in the jungles of Chhattisgarh on Friday once again highlights the tragedy of the situation. Some evidence is surfacing that the Indian security forces went on a rampage in the remote jungle villages massacring civilians in the heat of the night of Thursday/Friday.
The 19 Maoists killed included a 15-year old girl, while not more than two amongst the 19 killed could be identified as left extremists. If so, who were the remaining 17 dead souls?

To be sure, Home Minister P Chidambaram is utterly preoccupied with Hafiz Saeed. Hopefully, if and when he is done with that, we may know what happened. The security people admit that "a few innocent villagers could have died in crossfire." Pray, how few is "few"?
The most shocking thing is that the Indian political class across the board has had nothing to say. They are preoccupied with the election of India'a next president — or with the "reforms". When 19 citizens get killed by their country's security forces, in any civilised country in the second decade of the 21st century, some political commotion could be expected. But, not in India? The silence of the politicians points at the terrible weakening of the moral fibre of the Indian nation.
The most reprehensible aspect is the deafening silence of the established parties of the Indian Left who are, arguably, on the same ideological spectrum as the Maoists. Alright, the Maoists are rebels who got disillusioned with the Left establishment and bourgeois democracy, but they never ceased to be believers in the ideology. China can disowned them, but how could the Indian Left?
In fact, the Maoists' presence in parts of India where the established Left doesn't even exist shows that they have a legitimacy and credibility of their own which the established Left lacks in very large tracts of the most impoverished regions of our country that are inherently open to the egalitarian ideals of communism. An enlightened Left leadership would have sought to dialogue with these misguided elements — and a good starting point would be to commiserate with the 19 dead "comrades" in Chhattisgarh. Give them at least a decent burial.

The Maoists are also Indians - Indian Punchline

pmaitra

The Indian state's "biggest encounter" with the Maoists in the jungles of Chhattisgarh on Friday once again highlights the tragedy of the situation. Some evidence is surfacing that the Indian security forces went on a rampage in the remote jungle villages massacring civilians in the heat of the night of Thursday/Friday.
Maoists have also murdered many civilians, hundreds of them. Moreover, if there is indeed evidence that security forces went on a rampage against civilians, where are they? Present them to the press. Flash it out. Just saying 'there is evidence' proves what?

The 19 Maoists killed included a 15-year old girl, while not more than two amongst the 19 killed could be identified as left extremists. If so, who were the remaining 17 dead souls?
15 year olds firing Kalashnikovs is not unheard of. There is absolutely no reason to believe that 15 year old girl was not a combatant.

The most reprehensible aspect is the deafening silence of the established parties of the Indian Left who are, arguably, on the same ideological spectrum as the Maoists. Alright, the Maoists are rebels who got disillusioned with the Left establishment and bourgeois democracy, but they never ceased to be believers in the ideology. China can disowned them, but how could the Indian Left?
Of course the mainstream Indian Communist Parties have gone far away from what Communism sought to achieve. While the USSR went on building Nuclear Power Plants (along with Nuclear Weapons), Dams, Large Industries; many Indian Communist Parties have gone quite the opposite way. Pray why?

Sure they disowned the Maoists (read rebels), but they have actually shunned Marxism (urban based class struggle) and embraced Maoism (rural based class struggle). Yes, Mao probably did say that "power flows from the barrel of a gun," but that is not the definition of Maoism.

So what is the mainstream Left supposed to do? Support the Maoists' violence? Even after they have continued to massacre hundreds of civilians, CRPF jawans, policemen, along with two assassination attempts on two Chief Ministers (Naidu of AP and Bhattacharya of WB)?

An enlightened Left leadership would have sought to dialogue with these misguided elements — and a good starting point would be to commiserate with the 19 dead "comrades" in Chhattisgarh. Give them at least a decent burial.
The dead should be respected, especially so if they are Indians. However, what difference does it make? The dead are dead. How about the government ensure that the mineral rich regions of India, that have helped so many industries flourish since the British Indian Empire, and that are most impoverished, and consequently hotbeds of Maoist extremism, are adequately compensated, through legislation, and those legislations implemented.

I do wholeheartedly agree with the title of this article, and the author's attempt to force everyone to look beyond what is apparent.

bhramos

Country flag
Maoists have also murdered many civilians, hundreds of them. Moreover, if there is indeed evidence that security forces went on a rampage against civilians, where are they? Present them to the press. Flash it out. Just saying 'there is evidence' proves what?

15 year olds firing Kalashnikovs is not unheard of. There is absolutely no reason to believe that 15 year old girl was not a combatant.

Of course the mainstream Indian Communist Parties have gone far away from what Communism sought to achieve. While the USSR went on building Nuclear Power Plants (along with Nuclear Weapons), Dams, Large Industries; many Indian Communist Parties have gone quite the opposite way. Pray why?

Sure they disowned the Maoists (read rebels), but they have actually shunned Marxism (urban based class struggle) and embraced Maoism (rural based class struggle). Yes, Mao probably did say that "power flows from the barrel of a gun," but that is not the definition of Maoism.

So what is the mainstream Left supposed to do? Support the Maoists' violence? Even after they have continued to massacre hundreds of civilians, CRPF jawans, policemen, along with two assassination attempts on two Chief Ministers (Naidu of AP and Bhattacharya of WB)?

The dead should be respected, especially so if they are Indians. However, what difference does it make? The dead are dead. How about the government ensure that the mineral rich regions of India, that have helped so many industries flourish since the British Indian Empire, and that are most impoverished, and consequently hotbeds of Maoist extremism, are adequately compensated, through legislation, and those legislations implemented.

I do wholeheartedly agree with the title of this article, and the author's attempt to force everyone to look beyond what is apparent.
i have some answers, but not all for questions, but dont like to debate on this topic sir..
their is always three angles for a story, first is what you say, second is what they say, third is truth... but nobody speaks about it..

pmaitra

i have some answers, but not all for questions, but dont like to debate on this topic sir..
their is always three angles for a story, first is what you say, second is what they say, third is truth... but nobody speaks about it..
Sir,

Don't take me wrong. Please go ahead and post what you feel is the truth. Don't bother about how many rejections you get. At least, even if one were to reject your points, he will be forced to think about them first.

I don't want to discourage you from posting.

bhramos

Country flag
Sir,

Don't take me wrong. Please go ahead and post what you feel is the truth. Don't bother about how many rejections you get. At least, even if one were to reject your points, he will be forced to think about them first.

I don't want to discourage you from posting.
i am sorry sir, i still live in one naxal effected areas of India... but feel sad forces, they are made scapegoats by politicians.. when they live in forests for days eats roots and snakes... in fear of life, they cant trust any villagers.. they dont know is naxal and who is common man.. some times go mad and even create rampages.. and ransack the villages because they are the main source for naxal ration.. but here churches and pastors are main source of medical and money for naxals.. i have studied alot on ground in villages.. but it looks like degrading our forces.. and praising naxals, so wouldnt like to say them....

bhramos

Country flag
[video=youtube_share;ldy0Pu92_9E]http://youtu.be/ldy0Pu92_9E[/video][video=youtube_share;aDbYaKcDfEM]http://youtu.be/aDbYaKcDfEM[/video][video=youtube_share;zjwtQRnhJkg]http://youtu.be/zjwtQRnhJkg[/video][video=youtube_share;qgoIfwGw3NQ]http://youtu.be/qgoIfwGw3NQ[/video]

Iamanidiot

As much as Maoists are commies and rebels against the Indian republic.They are more patriotic than the communist tags hailing from Bengal and Kerala.If not for the commies and TDP telangana might have been still screwed by the feudal doras

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
We must remember, these are Indians not some Pak tangos ..

Criminals should be punished, talks should be there, And the tribal lands should belong to tribal people, not only that they should have facilities like road, school, markets and most important media to outer world..

Iamanidiot

Criminals should be punished, talks should be there, And the tribal lands should belong to tribal people, not only that they should have facilities like road, school, markets and most important media to outer world..
The tools to fight Maoism are not CRPF,IPS,or the police force.Rather it is development,power with responsibility and the IAS

bhramos

Country flag
As much as Maoists are commies and rebels against the Indian republic.They are more patriotic than the communist tags hailing from Bengal and Kerala.If not for the commies and TDP telangana might have been still screwed by the feudal doras
you are correct, the only thing they did in India and Telangana is they screwed Feudal System and Doras in Telangana....... i dont know WB or Chatisgarh...

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The tools to fight Maoism are not CRPF,IPS,or the police force.Rather it is development,power with responsibility and the IAS
In my post i mentioned criminals, Maoist and Naxals are in many groups not all are clean, with time and lack of clear objective many are just become criminal..

Criminal 'Naxal or Maoist' are nothing but thugs and gunda, CRPF is needed there..

bhramos

Country flag

here criminals are politicians of that area.... because they didnt give tribals even a piece of sh*t...

Iamanidiot

In my post i mentioned criminals, Maoist and Naxals are in many groups not all are clean, with time and lack of clear objective many are just become criminal..

Criminal 'Naxal or Maoist' are nothing but thugs and gunda, CRPF is needed there..
Sir, if it was that simple we would not be seeing so many fresh recruits in Maoism.Maoism takes root in states where poverty reigns supreme and where benign neglect by the Indian state causes utter despair .Ask any andhrite he will give you a clear picture why Maoists and naxals rose.How the state won the battle against them.Maoism is a direct symptom of the Indian states neglect

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Sir, if it was that simple we would not be seeing so many fresh recruits in Maoism.Maoism takes root in states where poverty reigns supreme and where benign neglect by the Indian state causes utter despair .Ask any andhrite he will give you a clear picture why Maoists and naxals rose.How the state won the battle against them.Maoism is a direct symptom of the Indian states neglect
here criminals are politicians of that area.... because they didnt give tribals even a piece of sh*t...
Not only poverty, they were always in poverty, I have talks with some people and most have different opinion on the subject but one thing is common is there lands are taken away..

This can be solved with talks and going in right direction..

One have to realize this critical situation and give a deep thinking about it..

------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the onces ( Groups withing the naxal circle ) are taken the path of criminals should be treated as criminals..

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Apropos the heading ; The Maoists are also Indians

Jundal is also an Indian ???

bhramos

Country flag
Apropos the heading ; The Maoists are also Indians

Jundal is also an Indian ???
mama, i just copy pasted the heading, if you or admin think its approperiate, then can change heading, no worries mama..

Patriot

Country flag
The maoist are not allowing any development in those regions. Maoist are extorting money from industrialists, attacking govt. establishments, CRPF, BSF personnel in ambush and killed hundreds of them. Maoists have also burned the hospital, schools , railway stations like amenities meant for the welfare of the tribals. These Maoist & naxals are just using the tribal card but tribal welfare meant nothing for them. They have waged the war against the state therefore they should be treated in then same manner.

There should be no talks till they drop their weapons as the they are being supported & supplied by ISI & Chinese agencies.

At the same we expect from the state to take swift & sincere efforts on the tribal welfare like education, health , employment in these areas & equal opportunity in the mainstream.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Yes, the Maoists are Indians. Yes, the Maoists have been subjected to extreme poverty. Yes, the Maoists have not been given a share in what is rightfully theirs. Yes, the Maoists may have a thousand reasons to be angry.
No, they do not have the right to armed revolt under the constitution. No, they don't support the Indian constitution. No, they do not want peaceful solutions to their problems.
All of the above are established facts. Does anyone disagree?
One must remember, that when a war is fought, it is fought between two competitors, not between friends, not between compatriots. Therefore I urge you Sirs, please do not call the Maoists Indians and therefore disrespect those Jawans who made the supreme sacrifice in order to uphold the supremacy of the Constitution and the Indian people who form the Constitution,

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
mama, i just copy pasted the heading, if you or admin think its approperiate, then can change heading, no worries mama..
I did not question the inappropriateness or otherwise of the heading but the idea as such. Being an Indian has no constitutional right to be anti state.
Samajhe Bhanaje !! That is why I gave an exapmle of Jundal.

You banja log require explanation for everthing.

bhramos

Country flag
I did not question the inappropriateness or otherwise of the heading but the idea as such. Being an Indian has no constitutional right to be anti state.
Samajhe Bhanaje !! That is why I gave an exapmle of Jundal.

You banja log require explanation for everthing.
mama, naku inka ardham kaledu mama..

dhani ki dheniki thala ki thoka unantha theda undi..

but i can give you 10 examples, but dont want to support maoists..
so i quit.

Jai Hind..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles