The List of Country That Will Visa Waiver Chinese Passport

kickok1975

There are 44 countries and areas don't require Visa for Chinese citizens before their landing. Most of them are located in South East Asia, Africa and Middle East.

Africa:14 total

Benin: 3 months stay after Landing

Burundi: HKD 40

Central African Republic: 7 days stay after landing

Comoros: No idea how many days

Djibouti: 1 month after Landing

Ethiopia: 6 months after landing. This country is cool!

Kenya: 3 months after landing. If you like wild animals, this country is where you should go

Madagascar: 3 months after landing

Malawi :60 days

Mauritius:15 days after landing

Mozambique:30 days after landing

Tanzania: Don't know how many days, but will charge you up to 250USD

America: Only 1:confused1:

Haiti :3 months after landing. Who would go there?

Asia : Total 20, including our Hong Kong and Macao:namaste:

Azerbaijan : 14 days after landing but will charge 100USD, not cheap

Bahrain :14 days after landing

Brunei :14 days after landing

Cambodia:30 days after landing but you need bribe custom officals
Georgia :90 days after landing
Indonesia :7 days. If you just want to go Bali, it's enough

Iran :15 days after landing

Iraq :Don't know how long you can stay. Sounds like government is not full function yet

Jordan :14 days

South Korea :Only waive if you go to Chejudo island or permanent resident of US, Canada, Australia etc.
Laos :30 days

Lebanon :30 days

Macau :30 days, is it part of China?

Malaysia :14 days but need local contact information

Maldives :30 days after landing but if you not pre-book hotel, you need prove have cash of at least $30 every day

Nepal : 15 days after landing

Sri Lanka :30 days

Taiwan: 14 days.

Thailand:15 days and a proof of $640/family
Timor-Leste :30 days and proof of $100 cash per day

Europe: Only 1:mad2:

Kosovo: 90 days. Thank you, Kosovo

Oceania : total 9:tsk:

Cook Islands :30 days

Fiji:4 months. That's cool! I want to go that beautiful place

Micronesia :30 days

Niue :30 days, where is this country?

Palau :30 days

Samoa island:60 days. Again, where is it?

Tonga :30 days

Tuvalu :30 days

Vanuatu :30 days. Never heard of this country

kickok1975

I'm surprised Pakistan is not on this list. Does Pakistan give Chinese Visa waiver?

kickok1975

More countries should give visa waiver to Chinese tourist since they are spending like crazy overseas and will boost local economy.

Last edited:

kickok1975

Number of countries granting Taiwan visa-waiver privileges hits 97

Jan 08,2011

Updated Saturday, January 8, 2011 0:21 am TWN, CNA

TAIPEI -- President Ma Ying-jeou said yesterday that the number of countries that have granted visa-waiver privileges to Taiwanese passport holders has increased to 97, indicating that the government's "flexible diplomacy" strategy has borne fruit.

"The Balkan country of Croatia began offering visa exemption to Taiwanese visitors at the beginning of this year, bringing the number of countries and territories granting such access to our people to 97," Ma said at a function to celebrate the European Union's inclusion of Taiwan into its visa-waiver program.

The Croatian move came as a surprise, as the ceremony at the Taipei Guest House near the Presidential Office was originally arranged to mark the visa-free privileges extended by 96 countries and areas, Ma said.

He also hailed the EU's decision to have its visa exemption for Taiwan take effect Jan. 11 which he said was a memorable and meaningful day, because on that date in 1943, the Republic of China managed to abrogate all unequal treaties with foreign powers that had been in place for more than a century.
"This is truly a happy coincidence," said Ma.

According to the EU decision, Taiwanese visitors will be able to enter 35 European countries visa free from Jan. 11 for stays of up to 90 days within a six-month period.

The waiver applies to the 25 Schengen Area countries, which comprise 22 EU member states and three non-EU states — Norway, Iceland and Switzerland — and three non-Schengen EU member states — Romania, Bulgaria and Cyprus.

It also includes seven smaller European countries and territories — the Vatican, Monaco, Andorra, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Greenland and the Faroe Islands.

Ma said he believes that these countries will benefit from the visa exemption for Taiwanese visitors because "Taiwanese citizens are not only good tourists but are also known for their ability to shop."

For instance, he went on, since Britain became the first European country to grant visa-free privileges to Taiwanese in 2009, the number of Taiwanese tourists to that country has increased substantially and bilateral trade has also grown by between 20 percent and 30 percent.

Speaking on the same occasion, Guy Ledoux, head of the European Economic and Trade Office in Taipei, said Taiwan's booming economy and democratic system are the main factors contributing to its success in obtaining EU visa-free treatment.

With its advanced economic system, Taiwan has developed a reliable administrative system and is able to issue high-quality passports and effectively prevent passport tampering or forgery, Ledoux said.

As Taiwanese people are peaceful and affluent, and enjoy freedom of speech and civil rights, there are few incentives for Taiwanese citizens to seek to immigrate illegally to other countries, he pointed out.

According to official statistics, an average of only 45 Taiwanese passport holders per year were caught staying illegally in EU countries between 2006 and 2008, and only 38 Taiwanese people were denied entry during the period. Ledoux said the visa-waiver is expected to help enhance Taiwan's interest in investing and traveling in Europe, as well as increase incentives for Taiwanese and European cities to forge sisterhood ties.

Premier Wu Den-yih, Legislative Yuan President Wang Jin-pyng and Foreign Minister Timothy Yang, also attended the function.

Last edited:

kickok1975

The world ranking of Visa-Waiver Country list of 2008

Great! We are at same ranking as North Korea.

1.Finland 130
  1 Denmark 130
  1 United States 130
  2 Ireland 129
  2 Sweden 129
  2 Germany 129
  3 United Kingdom 128
  3 Italy 128
  3 France 128
  3 Japan 128
  4 Spain 127
  4 Norway 127
  4 Switzerland 127
  4 Belgium 127
  5 Netherlands 126
  6 Luxembourg 125
  6 Austria 125
  6 Canada 125
  6 New Zealand 125
  7 Portugal 123
  8 Singapore 122
  9 Malaysia 120
  9 Iceland 120
  9 Greece 120
  9 Australia 120
  10 Liechtenstein 116
  11 Korea, Republic of 115
  13 Hong Kong 110
  14 Chile 109
  18 Israel 104
  19 Hungary 101
  19 Argentina 101
  20 Brazil 99
  21 Mexico 98
  28 Croatia 84
  34 Romania 73
  37 South Africa 65
  40 St. Kitts & Nevis 62
  46 Dominica 52
  46 Turkey 52
  55 Taiwan 42
  62 United Arab Emirates 35
  62 Russian Federation 35
  64 Serbia and Montenegro 32
  65 Saudi Arabia 31
  67 Thailand 29
  71 India 25  
71 Bosnia and Herzegowina 25
  72 Egypt 24
  75 Jordan 21
  78 China 18  
78 Korea, Dem People's Republic 18
  79 Pakistan 17
  81 Iraq 15
  82 Iran 14
  83 Afghanistan 12

Last edited:

kickok1975

Number of countries granting Taiwan visa-waiver privileges hits 97

He also hailed the EU's decision to have its visa exemption for Taiwan take effect Jan. 11 which he said was a memorable and meaningful day, because on that date in 1943, the Republic of China managed to abrogate all unequal treaties with foreign powers that had been in place for more than a century.
"This is truly a happy coincidence," said Ma.
Why we were never told about this?

nimo_cn

Country flag
What purpose is this thread serving? CCP should be blamed for this?

Well, a communist China is on the same level with a democratic India, I want to say CCP is doing just fine. No offence to India, I am just questioning why the starter opened the thread in the first place.

Because if we study the list given by Kickok carefully, we (except Kickok) can easily reach the conclusion that the rank is pretty much related to the economic status of the country. Since China and India's economies are on the same level, we should not be suprised our ranks are almost the same.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Why we were never told about this?

Sigh, how low are you planning to go down,liar?

I am pretty sure that I have learned it from my history text book while in high school. I am sorry I can't scan the book and post here.

Even people didn't learn it from history textbooks, people can learn it from somewhere else, say from internet. Here is a link for you,
http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/2005-07-21/1516307767.html

Now I am really doubting your honesty and motive.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Because if we study the list given by Kickok carefully, we (except Kickok) can easily reach the conclusion that the rank is pretty much related to the economic status of the country. Since China and India's economies are on the same level, we should not be suprised our ranks are almost the same.
Not understood.

China and India's economic status the same?

Is there any problem in knowing which country is given the waiver?

kickok1975

Nimo_cn:

What's wrong with this list? I just present fact and let people discuss. Did I stir up your nerve again? What do you expect me to post? All good news no bad news? You are a guy lack of basic respect for a fellow member in the forum. You send me insulting private messages before and calling me a liar here. How low you want to be? The question should be for you. Isn't it the truth for this ranking and your attitude? It's not a shame to face reality, it's a shame to attack messenger while you are doing no contribution.

Last edited:

kickok1975

Sigh, how low are you planning to go down,liar?

I am pretty sure that I have learned it from my history text book while in high school. I am sorry I can't scan the book and post here.

Even people didn't learn it from history textbooks, people can learn it from somewhere else, say from internet. Here is a link for you,
http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/2005-07-21/1516307767.html

Now I am really doubting your honesty and motive.
By the way, I just read your link in Sina. It says this accheivement is because of cooperation between CCP and KMT. Since CCP did majority things to defeat Japanese during WWII as they claimed, I guess no wonder you believed in it. Sigh.....

BackToEast

Country flag
Nimo_cn:

What's wrong with this list? I just present fact and let people discuss. Did I stir up your nerve again? What do you expect me to post? All good news no bad news? You are a guy lack of basic respect for a fellow member in the forum. You send me insulting private messages before and calling me a liar here. How low you want to be? The question should be for you. Isn't it the truth for this ranking and your attitude? It's not a shame to face reality, it's a shame to attack messenger while you are doing no contribution.
China visa is a trash one.

BackToEast

Country flag
By the way, I just read your link in Sina. It says this accheivement is because of cooperation between CCP and KMT. Since CCP did majority things to defeat Japanese during WWII as they claimed, I guess no wonder you believed in it. Sigh.....
The war was in the east, CCP went to the west. KMT lost most of their troops in the east especially in the Shanghai campaign. CCP just watched and saved their their strength.
No one believed what the CCP said in the world ,even the CCP didn't believe either.

kickok1975

China visa is a trash one.
There is few country we really want to travel would give Visa waiver to us. We have a long way to go. By the way, it's not visa, it's passport.

However, I don't like the word "trash" though. It's still a most recognizable identity we have, it represent China where we live.

Last edited:

kickok1975

The war was in the east, CCP went to the west. KMT lost most of their troops in the east especially in the Shanghai campaign. CCP just watched and saved their their strength.
No one believed what the CCP said in the world ,even the CCP didn't believe either.
Truth is truth, history is history. It's not something one can distort forever. CCP did played a role in WWII to defeat Japs. But it's also the fact that they took advantage of this opportunity to greatly enhanced their ability to challenge KMT afterward.

RebateKing

No offense, but it's kind of funny how chinese posters here are arguing which of their domestic factions did more to win their independence, when in fact, it was the US involvement after Pearl Harbor that saved their country. Also, I have read in numerous occasions that China had the most Nazi collaborators in WWII, far outnumbering those in France, Dutch, Ukraine and others.

Speaking of occasions where chinese troops impressed their Western counterparts, I can remember 2 instances from my reading, one is KMT troops in IBT (India-Burma theater), the other is CCP in the Korean War. So I guess in my books, KMT and CCP are even.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles