The Lalit Modi controversy (The Political Nexus in Indian Cricket)

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ezsasa, Jun 22, 2015.

1. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Senior Member

I think this episode deserves a thread, Frankly i thought this whole drama will down after a week. I am starting to believe that this drama is only getting interesting. Starting this thread because i am beginning to see the hypocrisy. The guy is naming Arun Jaitley directly and yet no media channel is even mentioning him WHY?

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  3. ezsasa

30 Characters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

4. ezsasa

The way media is covering up AJ, looks like the guy is more from congress than from BJP. If modi, parrikar, sushma swaraj, amit shah or any of the BJP guys even utter a word it is a BIG controversy and somebody is directly naming the finance minister and no media house is not even uttering a word.

HYPOCRISY MUCH!!!!!!

ersakthivel and DingDong like this.
  5. ezsasa

6. ezsasa

I am beginning to like this lalit modi guy, the guy has guts!!!!!

7. ezsasa

8. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

BCCI is a mess. Lalit Modi played his cards to the hilt and knows how deep everyone is in this shit. Modi and Shah were themselves part of Guj cricket board, so they too were involved in one way or the other in BCCI politics. I do not think anything will come out of this fracas.

9. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

Is hamaam mein sab nange hain. Most of the dirty hands within BJP belong to anti-NAMO camp. Whatever strategy the anti-NAMO camp had been cooking has been destroyed.

This "D" gang of BJP is a gang of Businessmen, it has got no ideological roots, AJ type guys are in politics for money.

As far as Kirti Azad is concerned, this guy is too hot to handle even for Amit Shah.

10. Nicky G

Nicky G Senior Member Senior Member

LKM going after INC and specifically their media arm, along with pot shots at AJ:

[​IMG]

Lends credence to the notion that he is a Congi man in BJP doesn't it? That has always been the gossip, though who knows?

Modi seems to trust him though or perhaps he has no choice. The public seldom gets to know who is compromised, from what angle.

11. ezsasa

I don't think modi trusts AJ, to me it looks like modi needs him. We have to remember modi needs a Lutyens insider in his govt, who better than AJ.

I really hope this dependency is reduced by 2019 elections. Otherwise BJP win in 2019 will not be a easy one.

12. Compersion

Compersion Senior Member Senior Member

If you look what Narendra Modi went through in his early part of Gujarat CM this is a piece of cake. This guy has been called black and noncommunicable names on his journey to race course road it is sometimes amazing what he has gone through. I like how he is not letting it getting in his way and he is doing work but also knowing what to do. Also.

I really think people can read and see the truth and not believe what they are told by some spokesperson. It is a evolution and one needs to appreciate that. It is also easy to say truth. ****** There is a sperate thread on Jinnah where he said "he did not believe that the Indian masses were educated or disciplined enough to ensure their protests remained nonviolent". I think there are some Jinnahs who think the Indian masses are not educated and disciplined and will believe whatever they are told. People of India and the electorate are not like that and that is the evolution of our system and acceptance of the reality that we are moving into.

Also

I think GOI needs to improve the spokesperson and the way they handle media. I look at USA where there is a Spokesperson for Whitehouse, Defense, State, etc, etc that holds press briefings. These people dont go on shows and debate it out. They make the media come to them and let the "experts" debate it out.

But again one might say this is not a GOI issue but a BJP and political issue. In anyway the BJP needs to improve their spokesperson and have a more coordinated approach like the british did under Tony Blair. "One message from all". The media needs to be also used to roll out development work and can work hand in hand. One must look at each situation to be a opportunity.

The current Lalit Modi is a political firecracker and make no mistake Lalit has waited years to say what he is saying now. This has been planned carefully.

I admire Nalin Kohli and some of the others but not all of the BJP spokespersons and Nalin especially talks well but one person can only do up to a certain work. The story is only beginning it seems and has many parts.

Like many say forgiveness is easy but betrayal ...

Apology accepted - Trust Denied.

Why dont we think Narendra Modi ki kismut is good. He is able to identify which people are good and trustworthy to him and the country. I would like that to occur early on and not later. I am waiting for him to act that's when we will see the smiles. We have to believe in truth and trust.

I dont see the people say this time that they will shave off their heads ... they must be knowing and having the will to carry on and walk on and not alone.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    topgear likes this.
  13. Nicky G

Wasn't one of the objectives to destroy the corrupt Lutyens nexus that exerts undue influence on our nation? Why would someone who has gained from Lutyens help Modi?

Merely good governance is not going to cut it for the next elections. You can't make India into a middle income country in just five years. The attacks have just started. Things will only get more vicious. If no action is taken to counter this, I expect dark times ahead.

14. ezsasa

Better way of understanding this is by putting ourselves in modi's shoes.

If I was in modi's shoes, I would definitely like to have AJ in my team. Guys like AJ always have dirt on everybody and use them to their advantage. Any good boss will always have people like him.

The big question is whether modi has the guts to control AJ, whenever he goes rogue. Only Ace with modi is that, AJ is nothing outside of Delhi. AJ's power is only in Delhi.

15. Nicky G

Well as far as having AJ on the team is concerned, there was hardly any choice given the lack of qualified people for the top jobs. The question is the risk and how to mitigate it.

Coming back to the original point, why is every other top leader in BJP is viciously attacked in MSM over trivial issue save for him? If he has sway over the media, why is that sway not used to shield others, heck Modi himself?

Yes, AJ's inability to win election is his major weakness, he is more in the mold of MMS. However, that does not mean he is not ambitious and he does not want to be PM. Its your immediate subordinates that you have to be most weary of, particularly if they are an insider and you an outsider.

I am sure Modi knows all this much better than we ever will, the point is, evaluating from outside, things don't seem right to me. Time will tell though.

ezsasa likes this.
  16. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

AJ should have been fired the day he lost the elections. That would have taken care of the future nuisance he could ever pose.

As regarding, lack of qualified people, Modi himself imposed >75 years age limit. He could and should have picked whoever could have done the job well.

17. Compersion

Compersion Senior Member Senior Member

When Modi made the PM candidate by BJP it was AJ who gave support and one can say (earlier) it made a difference. Loyalty is a single but powerful word. Does it have a exit clause and expiry and terms of deviation.

AJ lost the seat in Lok Sabha ... one thinks sometimes why.

Modi did not walk in from the streets and was not given a silver spoon. This guy has over 20 years of political experience. This is not a Morarji Desai and Charan Singh situation. Have faith. AJ is qualified and the system is strong enough to adapt to such people. I would personally like AJ to be given a chance with MEA one can say a perfect fit and some might say aptly a chance for redemption.

18. Nicky G

Or he could have become a bigger nuisance having been jilted. Anyway, whom would you have as FM? The business houses wanted him too.

I too don't agree with the age limit.

ezsasa likes this.
  19. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

He would have been reduced to nothing without power.

Yashwant Sinha, Arun Shourie, Swamy etc could have done the job better. Even Gadkari could have been considered. Or Modi could have brought a non-political technocrat to oversee the affairs. He knows the political compulsions well and could have used a sound economist as a counsel.

20. ezsasa

Other than whatever AJ brings to the table as FM, look at the shift in balance in the debate panels on NDTV.

Swapan das Gupta, Kiran shaw and some more people who were modi critics during first year of govt are not appearing now a days. People like guru Charan das and Padma Rao have replaced the modi critics. I am speculating this is AJ's doing. immediately after AJ returned from US, Barkha Dutt was desperate to move on from sushma Swaraj story to Vasudhara Raje story.

people like Rana Ayub and Kavita krishnan still appear on NDTV debates, maybe they are beyond the control of AJ.

21. OneGrimPilgrim

OneGrimPilgrim Senior Member Senior Member

whr invaders hv been eulogised, heroes binned!!
    good work ezsasa saar in opening this thread!

वसुंधरा-सुषमा को हटाओं जीएसटी बिल पर समर्थन पाओ, कांग्रेस

am guessing it is during this time when the PM would break his silence, like the last 2 times, when the opposition was whining all over the floor over his silence, and he gave them a good spanking in the LS/RS!