The Kargil War

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
The answer to all questions is that India never needed POK and never bothered about capturing any of Pakistani territory. Even returned back the captured araes. The way to capture Northern areas to to capured J&K portion of POK from where tha life line of Northern Areas apss through.

But if there is a will, there is a way. Do read this outstanding story of Colonel Chewang Rinchen :

Have you heard about this Indian Hero? - Rediff.com News

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
India has always bothered about capturing as much as feasible.

However, the rules of the game was different till 1971.

We had to give away territory captured.

Our being called back when we were linking Uri to Punch (first war) and then the Haji Pir and other areas (1965)

Mrs Indira Gandhi changed that all after 1971.

Now, what is captured in J&K is ours.

Turtuk is one example.

Defcon 1

Country flag
din't pakistanis also captured some land in 1999, some peaks which were never returned???

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

In May 1999 pakistani troops infiltrated in to Drass and Batalik sectors. Pakistan Army claimed that there were no infiltration from there side, but the events took place there resulted otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

H.A.

I wanted to know if the mountain scaling shown in the film Lakshya is true...I had a talk with a few Army guys they said it was true....Can anyone confirm this...

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I wanted to know if the mountain scaling shown in the film Lakshya is true...I had a talk with a few Army guys they said it was true....Can anyone confirm this...
You had a talk to the source, Still you need conformation ?

siachen training school..

In Normal that is how you do rock climbing, Also Lakshya is made so does border and LOC with Army Instructors for using small arm and tactic..

Blackwater

In May 1999 pakistani troops infiltrated in to Drass and Batalik sectors. Pakistan Army claimed that there were no infiltration from there side, but the events took place there resulted otherwise.

lol Indian army officer looks madrasi. He can not even speak properly due to cold. All southies in army should be send to rajasthan border they are better adapt for that weather

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I assume you are referring to Point 5353, which sits bang on the LoC and is under Paki occupation..
pakis still hold peaks which India did not able to recapture
MOD & GOV & IAF didn't allowed to provide fire support so without needed fire support and lack of Long range arty it was left as it is..

Army was left with only Mortars..

Edit: Completed 10,000 post here..

H.A.

You had a talk to the source, Still you need conformation ?

siachen training school..
In Normal that is how you do rock climbing, Also Lakshya is made so does border and LOC with Army Instructors for using small arm and tactic..
Yup, needed confirmation because I spoke to the Army guy only once, so wanted to confirm the credibility, anyways thank you for confirming.

Blackwater

MOD & GOV & IAF didn't allowed to provide fire support so without needed fire support and lack of Long range arty it was left as it is..

Army was left with only Mortars..

Edit: Completed 10,000 post here..
y support was not provided. ?????????????/

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles