The Indian Air Force and 24 x 7 Capabilities

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@ saya,
We may end up ordering 2 squadrons directly from France. = plan B?

If yes then---> :thumb:
well not bad option, we should have all options, but think it like this, Super Su 30 MKI will carry Brahmos missile, now just think SU 30 MKI armed with brahmos missile with nukes goes 300 km from the target and fire their missile and turn back. So we get comfort level of 300 km from the nuke target with super 30 MKI.

Zebra

Country flag
Yeah. If SFC goes for MKI's then as a country we will have 300+. But IAF will not and the COAS does not speak for IAF. I am just saying because people like to hype up a non issue. We don't have to jump up and down over what could be wrong usage of English. Anyway our total order for MKI as of today is 272, so that is in excess of 270.

I would actually prefer SFC goes for Rafale instead. It will have a higher service rate and lesser maintenance.

IAF and IN won't allow SFC to get their clearance at least until the IN deal is done. IAF already allows the use of IAF squadrons for SFC's task. You see, both IAF and IN don't consider going Nuclear as a priority. IN wasn't happy that they were inducting only SSBNs, they wanted SSNs first.
It will be 270 in service . If IAF don't order more.

We lost two of them. So......50+ 40+ 140+ 42= 272- 2= 270.

Last edited:

arya

Country flag
to increase our numbers we can take su35 from russia

but i personally want to give priority to our LCA

trackwhack

Yeah. If SFC goes for MKI's then as a country we will have 300+. But IAF will not and the COAS does not speak for IAF. I am just saying because people like to hype up a non issue. We don't have to jump up and down over what could be wrong usage of English. Anyway our total order for MKI as of today is 272, so that is in excess of 270.

I would actually prefer SFC goes for Rafale instead. It will have a higher service rate and lesser maintenance.

IAF and IN won't allow SFC to get their clearance at least until the IN deal is done. IAF already allows the use of IAF squadrons for SFC's task. You see, both IAF and IN don't consider going Nuclear as a priority. IN wasn't happy that they were inducting only SSBNs, they wanted SSNs first.
Why are you sure about the SFC not having any dedicated mki squadrons. Before the induction of A3 the only way to reach Beijing was an mki. It still is our longest range strategic aircraft/bomber.

p2prada

Why are you sure about the SFC not having any dedicated mki squadrons. Before the induction of A3 the only way to reach Beijing was an mki. It still is our longest range strategic aircraft/bomber.
MKI can't reach Beiijing. Even if it did, it would be a suicide mission where the pilots will have to bail once they reach the target. Even with 1000Km Nirbhay, the chances for returning are low. Chances are slightly increased with drop tanks if we consider the MKIs head straight to the target and do not deviate from course to confuse the enemy, but we don't have any drop tanks. Mid air refueling is impossible.

MKI won't reach Beijing even during peace time, let alone during a war. Combat radius for an MKI with minimum load is 1500Km.

Only A3 and higher can reach Beijing.

SFC has only formally requested for 2 squadrons, that does not mean they will get it. There is a lot of turf war involved. IAF wants SFC to deploy IAF assets during times of war. There is a chance IAF may purchase more MKIs and give it to SFC only during times of war, at the time it goes nuclear, instead of letting SFC gain control over 2 squadrons for their own use. The priority for today is Air force first and Navy next. The Navy's deal alone will be in the 2020 period because that's around when the 3rd Carrier will function, so they may receive aircraft a year or two earlier to the date INS Vishaal will be ready. SFC's chance will come beyond that.

trackwhack

If pilots have to bail, they have to bail. But until our Agni series reached operational maturity to cover all of China, MKI's are our longest range delivery platform. So saying the SFC has none already is at best a guess. The SFC eventually wants two dedicated squadrons. They will get it. What they have now is an unknown, specially wrt how many MKI's are marked out fot the role.

p2prada

Trust me, they have nothing. They are using IAF assets as IAF has been demanding. You are overestimating our capability.

IAF will never send pilots on a suicide mission to nuke Beijing. If we currently don't have the capacity to nuke Beijing or Shanghai, then we won't nuke Beijing or Shanghai.

MKIs won't reach Beijing no matter how much range they have, even if we consider we have suicidal pilots. It is impossible.

arya

Country flag
Trust me, they have nothing. They are using IAF assets as IAF has been demanding. You are overestimating our capability.

IAF will never send pilots on a suicide mission to nuke Beijing. If we currently don't have the capacity to nuke Beijing or Shanghai, then we won't nuke Beijing or Shanghai.

MKIs won't reach Beijing no matter how much range they have, even if we consider we have suicidal pilots. It is impossible.

pls tell me what you will do if tomorrow war take place and you have to attack on bejing what you will do

will you send bird for attack ,

yes we have nothing on ground by which we can attack on bejing

p2prada

pls tell me what you will do if tomorrow war take place and you have to attack on bejing what you will do

will you send bird for attack ,

yes we have nothing on ground by which we can attack on bejing
There are other targets to hit, especially in the Southern parts of China.

Why are you guys so bothered about it now? China has had the capability to hit any part of India since the 1970s. India received that capability only over the last few years.

Nothing except Agni III and beyond can hit Beijing. We don't have any aircraft capable of entering their air space and fly that far out either.

If war happens we are not going to hit Beijing, it is a waste of time. Both the countries will be interested in military attrition. Nuclear war happening has a low probability in the India China context. It will mostly be a limited border war because of the weather and terrain.

arya

Country flag
There are other targets to hit, especially in the Southern parts of China.

Why are you guys so bothered about it now? China has had the capability to hit any part of India since the 1970s. India received that capability only over the last few years.

Nothing except Agni III and beyond can hit Beijing. We don't have any aircraft capable of entering their air space and fly that far out either.

If war happens we are not going to hit Beijing, it is a waste of time. Both the countries will be interested in military attrition. Nuclear war happening has a low probability in the India China context. It will mostly be a limited border war because of the weather and terrain.
sir i understand your pain but i want my answer do we have anything to hit bejing

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles