the history of India

Himanshu Pandey

http://2thinknsay.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/history-of-india-introduction/This is my first article on the history of India with several more to come to cover most of it. India as a word is just few thousand years old but geographically it is millions years old but still relatively new. A geographic change has parted India from Africa and it started its journey to Asia from Africa. Sometimes I wonder is this journey was the first sign of declaring that it will always be old and new at same time, which is uniqueness of India.

If we looks for the name of kings and queens, if we look for the dead of war, plunder of wealth and slavery the ancient India is very much silent on that. Some historians had concluded on this that India has no history and when they find some story of a king or queen they started looking for evidence which were not there or they were not looking for them? We will discuss this ahead but I have a very strong view that if the history of mankind is about who ruled whom, who killed most, who conquered more India has a very little history on that and for this I am thankful but if we look on history as some points which denotes the growth of humankind in world and the development and welfare of common people more important than India has a rich history. A history which tells when people got out from barbaric and nomadic life and joined the civilized life, when the welfare schemes as a goal not a luxury was started in world. When metallurgy started and what effects it had on its people, when people stopped just worrying about the next meal/loot/war/hunt and cared for more complicated and philosophical things then History of India is a tale which would be told thousand times.

The ancient knowledge of various medical practices, metal works, tax system and more important democracy which is the favorite child of today's world were defined very clearly in life and actions of people of ancient time as well as in their text.

We had all read about the remains of sindhu civilization, assumptions of Vedic civilization and interpretations of 600BC and concluded that it is history or we were told it is. One of my respected teacher once given me an example i.e. an old lady who had a skin decease used a broom to get relief of the itch which started in her whole body and she always kept it on her bedside for easy reach died alone in a old goodly built house and somehow her remains got find in a letter excavation. Now the archeologist were busy in discussing the age of broom and Skelton they found and the historians who were completely unaware of the dilemma of that thousands years old lady started to put the assumptions and to find out why a old lady has a broom on her bed side. There are few of the assumptions:-

The lady was a dedicated sweeper who used to work early so to get her tool of work easily in the dark of night before dawn she kept it on her bedside and it shows that the ruler was strict and people were disciplined and took their work seriously so it was an advanced civilization.
The lady lacks the hygiene quality and this shows that there were no awareness of people regarding the health and quality of life so they were advancing this we can say after looking on the remains of house but they were not converted into a civilized society.
The lady was living in a good house but somehow the financial conditions of the family got reduced and now she is forced to clean her house as they can't afford the slaves or workers and if archeologist get little more evidence in surrounding places related to this we can safely presume that the civilization was declining at most or at least this place/city was on decline and lost its worth as a trade location for reasons still unknown.
The lady has a broom near to her bedside so it's more like that she is a slave but by looking on the conditions of her room's remains we can say that people around were very much civilized and they treated their slave/workers at very best level and this place was a icon of civilization.

Now the story of lady is a assumption just created for this example and on the conditions of the remains there are four and can be more assumptions but none is near to the real story of lady and her broom and this the history we know. What if the whole assumptions made by historians and archeologists are wrong or most of it, what if the stories and myths are more near to truth then these logically concluded assumptions/findings. I am trying to the balance between these 2 and to find out the history of India.

I will put up my own conclusions on various parts of history and how they can be interpreted. I will try to be as much natural as possible and will go with logic and stories which relates to each other. The first work will be with the pre-indus valley culture. I will appreciate to get any recommendations related with this work and look forward for your reviews.

http://2thinknsay.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/history-of-india-introduction/

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles