The Greatest Kings in Indian History

Who is the Greatest King in Indian History?

• Chandragupta Maurya

Votes: 115 33.7%
  • Ashoka

Votes: 45 13.2%
  • Raja Chola

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • Akbar

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Sri Krishna Devaraya

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • Chatrapati Shivaji

Votes: 58 17.0%
  • Tipu Sultan

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Ranjith Singh

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Samudra Gupta

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Chandragupta Vikramaditya

Votes: 20 5.9%
  • Harsha

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Kanishka

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters

warriorextreme

Country flag
this is the radicalization. muslims came to india ok. many things came to india like zorastrian and jew.

why are you trying to recollect every thing prior to muslim era. its a part of our history. akbar din e ilahi cant be forgotten. its mughals who devised rupiya. the stone carving came to india from italy thru muslims only.
there is difference between coming and living peacefully and invading and converting people and putting harsh taxes on them..
stone carvings where present long before muslims in india...have you ever seen south indian temples?

Bhoja

I am surprised that many people take religion so serious. First of all I asked the question " Who were the
greatest Buddhist, Hindu and Jain rulers in Indian History. I admit that the title is a little bit misleading.
If I had asked the question "who were the greatest kings in Indian History" I would have also included
Akbar and Jehangir because of their religious tolerance.
By the way I think the 3 greatest personalities in Indian History were Emperor Ashoka, Shivaji Maharaj and the great
12th century philosopher Basava. Ashoka and Shivaji did many things to improve the situation of the people and Basava was
perhaps the first Indian who criticised the caste system and who sacrificed his life by fighting against the caste system.
I am not a fan of Mahatma Gandhi because he was not really against the caste system.

Last edited:

agentperry

there is difference between coming and living peacefully and invading and converting people and putting harsh taxes on them..
stone carvings where present long before muslims in india...have you ever seen south indian temples?
i have seen them. the type im telling about is the european style mixed with arab and bought to India.

warriorextreme

Country flag
this is the radicalization. muslims came to india ok. many things came to india like zorastrian and jew.

why are you trying to recollect every thing prior to muslim era. its a part of our history. akbar din e ilahi cant be forgotten. its mughals who devised rupiya. the stone carving came to india from italy thru muslims only.
so what should we do accept muslim era as a dark age for country or for hindus.
i have no problem with muslims as they are my brothers but i can never accept muslim rulers as my king....indeed it was dark era for hindus when lakhs were killed and converted and temples were destroyed....

Bhoja

I am surprised that many people take religion so serious. First of all I asked the question " Who were the
greatest Buddhist, Hindu and Jain rulers in Indian History. I admit that the title is a little bit misleading.
If I had asked the question "who were the greatest kings in Indian History" I would have also included
By the way I think the 3 greatest personalities in Indian History were Emperor Ashoka, Shivaji Maharaj and the great
12th century philosopher Basava. Ashoka and Shivaji did many things to improve the situation of the people and Basava
was[FONT=helvetica, arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] [/FONT]perhaps the first Indian who criticised the caste system and who sacrificed his life by fighting
against the caste system.[FONT=helvetica, arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] [/FONT]I am not a fan of Mahatma Gandhi because he was not really against the caste system.

warriorextreme

Country flag

12th century philosopher Basava. Ashoka and Shivaji did many things to improve the situation of the people and Basava
wasperhaps the first Indian who criticised the caste system and who sacrificed his life by fighting
against the caste system.I am not a fan of Mahatma Gandhi because he was not really against the caste system.
have you not heard of MASSACRE OF 30,000 CAPTIVE HINDUS AT CHITOD BY AKBAR....

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
i have no problem with muslims as they are my brothers but i can never accept muslim rulers as my king....indeed it was dark era for hindus when lakhs were killed and converted and temples were destroyed....
It was their way of putting fear in the minds of local people. It worked for them. It was nothing with them being muslims but using it as a tool to dominate. Well all this has been discussed numerous times to the point of boredom.

agentperry

have you not heard of MASSACRE OF 30,000 CAPTIVE HINDUS AT CHITOD BY AKBAR....
yaar ok many of such things happen. sikhs massacred lakhs of muslims so what should you think muslims should fatwa sikhs or something like that. history is book of blood. just take up some good points and lessons.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
From many point of views Chhatrapati Shivaji's efforts and rule are highly appreciable, he established his Hindu kingdom after a long history of Muslim rule yet he didn't impose religious discriminatory restrictions on Muslims, he let them follow their religion peacefully, he achieved something which was tough to be achieved in that certain period.I'll definitely keep Shivaji on top 3 Hindu kings, while if we talk about Muslim kings then i'll undoubtedly keep Akbar on top, If we talk about any King who ruled India then i'll keep Chandragupta Maurya on 1st, Shivaji on 2nd, Akbar on 3rd and Ashoka on 4rth place...

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
There are a lot of cases, of Hindu's killing Buddhist, and vice versa. The domination of Hinduism over Buddhism didnt come peacefully.
Quoted to highlight.

---

What is the criteria to decide on Greatest King in Indian History?

Without that this thread is going to turn into another mudfest of what muslims did & what hindus did & who is the victim :bored:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Quoted to highlight.

---

What is the criteria to decide on Greatest King in Indian History?

Without that this thread is going to turn into another mudfest of what muslims did & what hindus did & who is the victim :bored:
One would be the expanse of the empire. Economic and cultural development. Science and technological development. Standards that we gauge today's nations apply to that era as well, minus off course the "expanse of the empire".

pankaj nema

Country flag
Indian Parliament KNOWS who is Indian and who is NOT

In the Indian Parliament there are :LIFE SIZE STATUES of GREAT INDIANS

There are statues of Rana Ratap; Shivaji and Other GREAT INDIAN Kings

There are NO STATUES of Akbar and Tipu Sultan because they were outsiders and evil

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag

There are NO STATUES of Akbar and Tipu Sultan because they were outsiders and evil
Thats BS!

There is no specified criteria to back that up.

And if Indian Parliament knows who is Indian & who is not, the house should empty all those criminal MP/MLAs

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
One would be the expanse of the empire. Economic and cultural development. Science and technological development. Standards that we gauge today's nations apply to that era as well, minus off course the "expanse of the empire".
What about human exploitation & cultural lootings as people have started to point that out? There is no scale to measure that. There will never be fair judgement on such Great Kings List.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Hats off to you Sir!!

pankaj nema

Country flag
Thats BS!

There is no specified criteria to back that up.

And if Indian Parliament knows who is Indian & who is not, the house should empty all those criminal MP/MLAs
What exactly is BS ?

Why dont you Lead a movement for erecting a statue of tipu sultan and Akbar in Parliament and
SEE THE FUN

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
What exactly is BS ?

Why dont you Lead a movement for erecting a statue of tipu sultan and Akbar in Parliament and
SEE THE FUN
BS means Bullshit!

Why should I lead any movement? I don't feed on symbolism.

Where is the criteria that says, yes KingX was Indian so we keep their statue here in parliament ?

pankaj nema

Country flag
If Symbolism is meaningless Then the statues of Great Indians in parliament should be removed

Those STATUES are OF GREAT Indians of LAST 3000 years

And Parliament has decided that Evil emperors like Akbar and Tipu sultan have no RIGHT to be placed
along with RANA Pratap and SHIVAJI

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
What about human exploitation & cultural lootings as people have started to point that out? There is no scale to measure that. There will never be fair judgement on such Great Kings List.
All kings did. As if the kings didn't charge "Lagaan"? As if they didn't oppress. The king had his "governors" who had to show the King revenues and get favors. Be would obviously oppress the people.

Looting under various guises happened all along. The trend continues even today.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles