The Good Health Diary

Rashna

Country flag
Unfortunately these people of the book are rather unforgiving and rabid in their outlook towards god.. Everything else that existed before or after is paganism for them. On the other hand eastern philosophy is expansive and open to influences and accepting of various ways to God.

come to think of it - professing "my way or burn on the highway", can this be the mark of a God-oriented approach?!

while this has been more-or-less traditional approach of the mid-east and the west in general, the east has repeatedly told and produced hundreds of extraordinary people that have exquisitely demonstrated this in fine practice, that, "there are many ways to the mountaintop!"

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Unfortunately these people of the book are rather unforgiving and rabid in their outlook towards god.. Everything else that existed before or after is paganism for them. On the other hand eastern philosophy is expansive and open to influences and accepting of various ways to God.
considering how the books themselves have been so much edited and morphed out of their original form/context/parables & teachings over centuries to make them suitable for personal and communal agendas as per consecutive time-periods & for control over the masses, this was in the line.

Rashna

Country flag
That's what happens when you turn religion in to a "Cult", you start looking at everything with a cult approach... and then turn around and blame an age old philosophy/practice for being what it never was or can be.

considering how the books themselves have been so much edited and morphed out of their original form/context/parables & teachings over centuries to make them suitable for personal and communal agendas as per consecutive time-periods & for control over the masses, this was in the line.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
That's what happens when you turn religion in to a "Cult", you start looking at everything with a cult approach... and then turn around and blame an age old philosophy/practice for being what it never was or can be.
if am draw to a parallel, then don't the two look similar - the case of the ultra-libtards and 'seculars' here who are turning rabid day-by-day out of sheer desperation over their losing appeal and sliding base, and the matching demeanour of evangelicals who are witnessing a like-never-before slipping away of followers to either atheism/new-age philosophies/eastern practices and darshan/paganism/wicca, etc. in the west?! i think so.

Rashna

Country flag
The question is what appeals more? Cults or philosophy?
if am draw to a parallel, then don't the two look similar - the case of the ultra-libtards and 'seculars' here who are turning rabid day-by-day out of sheer desperation over their losing appeal and sliding base, and the matching demeanour of evangelicals who are witnessing a like-never-before slipping away of followers to either atheism/new-age philosophies/eastern practices and darshan/paganism/wicca, etc. in the west?! i think so.

The enlightened

I hope you are aware of the prophecy in the Quran.... Paganism will be back in Arabia... So who is to say who is devil worshipping in reality? Everywhere around us we see devils killing innocents... Worshipping the sun god brings physical fitness and peace in contrast to worshipping someone who is leading everyone unto death and destruction....
Quick, close your eyes. She's an evil witch.:scared2:

@jouni

indiandefencefan

Country flag
lol. this is how our threads get derailed....
So on this occasion you can name change your title from "senior member" to "master of derailment" :tongue::tongue:

Consider it a counter-dare to posting all that junk food stuff in the last good health thread ...... :cruisin2:

Rashna

Country flag
lol... Ppl attain seniority through a lot of derailment.... however in this case one can call it soul cleansing, allowing people to detox by airing their views. wat say?:biggrin2:
So on this occasion you can name change your title from "senior member" to "master of derailment" :tongue::tongue:

Consider it a counter-dare to posting all that junk food stuff in the last good health thread ...... :cruisin2:

indiandefencefan

Country flag
lol... Ppl attain seniority through a lot of derailment.... however in this case one can call it soul cleansing, allowing people to detox by airing their views. wat say?:biggrin2:
Or just how many arguments you have had.
Compare our join dates on this forum and then compare our number of posts.
I don't join most social threads and prefer to stick to the defense section where most arguments are (somewhat) professional in nature.:tongue:

Rashna

Country flag
OMG we joined on the same date....Just imagine that i couldn't have been talking to myself to reach so many posts in such a short time... however i do have the gift of the gab and i've managed to get you in to some social threads too...i am not a defence expert and i do not discuss things i know nothing about... at the most i might post some relevant threads. But for the better part i've been only arguing... My intro thread itself was a show starter. :)

Or just how many arguments you have had.
Compare our join dates on this forum and then compare our number of posts.
I don't join most social threads and prefer to stick to the defense section where most arguments are (somewhat) professional in nature.:tongue:

indiandefencefan

Country flag
Your intro thread must have been a sight to see however if I can remember correctly I was having a discussion on the su-30mki thread.
The first social thread I joined I was forced to flee because I got into an argument with the ever illogical Mad Indian .That kept me out social threads for quite a while :tongue::tongue:
Seriously after arguing with that guy I felt like :smash::smash::smash:.
Nowadays I usually visit the more peaceful social threads. I don't have much of a stomach for arguing over trivial issues.
(and yes you and some others did get me into some social threads but half times I ended pleading you guys/gals to keep debates "civil")

Rashna

Country flag
Man( and woman) is a social animal.. haha . No thread can be completely sane or peaceful simply because every person has a different viewpoint and as such one has to be able to accept a variance with some dignity... When that fails then we get in to some ugly scenes and i've faced too much of that... probably a lot more than others...

Your intro thread must have been a sight to see however if I can remember correctly I was having a discussion on the su-30mki thread.
The first social thread I joined I was forced to flee because I got into an argument with the ever illogical Mad Indian .That kept me out social threads for quite a while :tongue::tongue:
Seriously after arguing with that guy I felt like :smash::smash::smash:.
Nowadays I usually visit the more peaceful social threads. I don't have much of a stomach for arguing over trivial issues.
(and yes you and some others did get me into some social threads but half times I ended pleading you guys/gals to keep debates "civil")

indiandefencefan

Country flag
Man( and woman) is a social animal.. haha . No thread can be completely sane or peaceful simply because every person has a different viewpoint and as such one has to be able to accept a variance with some dignity... When that fails then we get in to some ugly scenes and i've faced too much of that... probably a lot more than others...
Yeah but I joined this forum because I am an avid defense enthusiast and this is the Indian Defence forum. Didn't really expect there to be such a vast social community here.
What about you? What made you join?
Yeah I was surprised too finding that we joined on the same.Co-incidences do happen then.

Rashna

Country flag
I thought i should check out some indian forum for a change.. Since i do not watch serials i could not have joined some discussion forum where they discuss serial characters.
And i am also pro defence because i like a fighting spirit..And being on such forums keeps us well informed and up to speed, which is not such a bad thing...

QUOTE="indiandefencefan, post: 1053268, member: 16061"]Yeah but I joined this forum because I am an avid defense enthusiast and this is the Indian Defence forum. Didn't really expect there to be such a vast social community here.
What about you? What made you join?
Yeah I was surprised too finding that we joined on the same.Co-incidences do happen then.[/QUOTE]

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I thought i should check out some indian forum for a change.. Since i do not watch serials i could not have joined some discussion forum where they discuss serial characters.
And i am also pro defence because i like a fighting spirit..And being on such forums keeps us well informed and up to speed, which is not such a bad thing...
What did I just read!!

I am pro food because I like eating spirit!

Rashna

Country flag
This analogy is perfect... this eating spirit comes in handy when you are faced with bad food choices... hehehehe.
Something like what our defence forces have to deal with when they don't have the best guns or the best fighter planes etc....their fighting spirit compensates!

What did I just read!!

I am pro food because I like eating spirit!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles