The Golden Touch of Jay Amit Shah

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by pmaitra, Oct 9, 2017.

1. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

I saw this being discussed somewhere but did not have time. So, I am opening this thread.

BJP president Amit Shah’s son, Jay Shah, has seen a dramatic increase in some of his businesses since Narendra Modi became prime minister.

[​IMG]
    Jay Shah, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah, seen here at the wedding reception of Jay in 2015. Credit: BJP

Selected portions:

Screambowl and Bornubus like this.
  3. pmaitra

Faced With ₹100-Crore Defamation Case, Journalist Who Reported On Jay Shah's Business Refuses To Back Down

[​IMG]

Commentary: A defamation case will only highlight the issue. Let's see what happens. When the general economy is in a downturn, a sudden change in fortunes in one company is bound to attract attention. And attract attention, it has.

Edited to add from the same Huffington Post article:

What's up with the exact same text and font styles being repeated by several different Twitter handles?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Bornubus likes this.
  4. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

From what I read it was a very shoddy piece! With hardly any logical consistencies.

Nanjesh Patel, Illusive, VIP and 5 others like this.
  5. pmaitra

Amit Shah’s son’s vikas: Piyush Goyal has much to answer

[​IMG]
    The document showing Jay Amit Shah’s Kusum Finserve securing a loan of Rs 10.35 crore from IREDA.

[​IMG]
    A screenshot of the IREDA website clearly mentions that loans can be given for Equipment Financing Schemes for projects up to 1 MW only and for a maximum of 70 per cent of total project cost.

6. sthf

sthf Senior Member Senior Member

I am curious about both. If true, then BJP will get a much needed kick to its ass to pull it out of the perennial campaign mode and take the job of running the country more seriously. If false, it'll be the death of leftist cunts like wire.in, scroll etc.

7. pmaitra

Well, at least the two artefacts from the National Herald appear to be true. Imagine how much noise BJP made when this same reporter exposed Robert Vadera? This is hot topic now. I was reading commentaries and people are saying the defamation case will go nowhere.

Bornubus likes this.
  8. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

First know what IREDA is and what kind of loan was given.

Oh, I don't deny the son of Amit Shah is getting business because of who he is.
    The difference though is doing an impropriety, for example like Vadra changing rules to steal lands of farmers or Sonia & Pappu changing rules to scam the National Heralds property for themselves.

Can you show me that kind of illegality here?

Because he is Amit Shah's son can NOT be the reason for loans to be denied.

9. pmaitra

Nobody is defending Vadra here. Rohini Singh did the right thing investigating Vadra and she did the right thing investigating Amit Shah's son.

The question is of corruption, and one's political affiliation should not dictate how we react to corruption, and I think we both concur here.

The only thing I was not able to verify is the Registrar of Companies to see whether the numbers presented in the Wire article are correct or not. That I will leave for others who might be interested in this.

Already answered. Please read the article from the National Herald. Assuming that document and the screenshot from IREDA website are true, there is a prima facie case about violation of loaning rules.

laughingbuddha and Bornubus like this.
  10. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

Oh she is pro congressi.
    I have had tweeted with her and asked her some logical questions but her answers are just funny. But she is just so adamant and a biased journalist. From day 1

Hemu Vikram Aditya and A chauhan like this.
  11. Craigs

Craigs Regular Member

Why are you trying to drive traffic to National Herald - a fraud newspaper?

Kshithij likes this.
  12. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

Rohini Singh has already done couple of somersaults since yesterday.
    Go through the somersaults and comment again.

Wilful hiding of facts about the loan will not achieve anything.
    Question is, do you even know the type of loan given? Is it money? Is it collateral? or something else? ;)

13. square

square Strategic Issues Senior Member

the pandara box start opening......

14. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

The primary job of a journalist to report facts as and when they happen, in an unbiased, objective manner. This is the fundamental tenet of reporting and journalism as all journalists will loftily proclaim.

Rohini Singh as she has shown, was neither unbiased, nor objective as her tweets and "journalism" during UP elections amply demonstrated.

But this is not about her ideological leanings. It's about facts. She wrote an article as is her right, suggesting that Amit Shah's son has improperly leveraged his father's political influence to enrich himself. The affected party has filed a defamation case in the court. If her facts are correct, then the court will decide in her favour and Jay Shah will suffer humiliation. If court deems that her article was based on false premises, then she'll have to apologise.

Is't this what happens in an orderly society?

15. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

The eco-system is well funded
    But they have dug a hole for themselves in this matter.

16. sthf

I might as well read 50 shades of grey. National Herald is not even worth the zeros and ones I used to write it's name.
    Still no defamation suit.
    But you don't realize that all of it will be part of court proceedings and thus open to RTI. Varadrajan, his wife and his fiefdom (wire.in) are habitual assholes, writing hit piece after hit piece in the name of "opinions". "Opinions" don't fly in court, hard facts do. Jay Shah is ready for that, is Varadrajan or Rohini Singh?

17. square

how conveniently a journalist is a unbiased when she report on rabert vadra....and biased on amit shah's son....

18. sthf

It's called a social media campaign. Someone close to me works in the field. All parties do it, BJP is just very good at it.

19. square

sure , democracy now has to fight that too....

20. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

My wish

1. Commies need to go
    2. Family needs to go

Nanjesh Patel, TheSeeker, VIP and 3 others like this.
  21. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

I never said she was biased or unbiased about Vadra or about Jay Shah. She could well be objective and probably correct in both the cases or she could have been mistaken. The difference is that Jay Shah has filed a defamation lawsuit against her in the court where she'll be asked to back her writings and statements with evidence, facts and figures. Is there anything wrong in that?

I did point out that her reporting during the UP elections and soon thereafter were highly biased and clearly not objective. Often contradicting her own statements if they were contrary to her ideological leanings. Naturally, her journalism will invite scepticism and it is her job to convince her readers and others of the truth and objectivity in her reporting.

TheSeeker likes this.