The Glorious Army of Hind: The Indian Army in Pictures

Senyor Sandeep

Why do I get a feeling that our armed forces are NOT adequately protected? If you see the BSF forces, they do not even wear a bullet proof vest. It is totally unacceptable that in normal non war conditions, a handful of terrorists could infiltrate and cause casualties to the third largest army in the world. People like Major Mukund Varadarajan, and all the BSF personnel lost in cross border firing and insurgency could be saved, had they been given proper protective suit. This is one of the fundamental areas that is pivotal in saving precious lives of our forces, yet somehow I feel our army has grossly ignored this and are being very casual about it. Even Afghan commandos have better protection than our NSG commandos. Why is no defense expert in the country protesting against this lack of basic protection and demanding the defense forces to implement it mandatory and immediately? I wonder if we even have genuine defense experts and defense journalists who are unbiased in our country. How can freelance journalists take this message and concern across the board and make the army listen? Any suggestion is welcome.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles