The Gaza Massacre; Imran Khan writes to UNSG

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by Blackwater, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

H E Mr Ban Ki-moon

Secretary General

United Nations

First Ave at 46th Street

New York, N.Y. 10017

USA

Email: [email protected] 25 July 2014

THE GAZA MASSACRE

Excellency,

I write to you as the Chairman of the second largest political party in Pakistan and on behalf of the Pakistani nation that has always been the lead nation in UN peacekeeping across the globe. We have been watching in shock and horror as the state of Israel has unleashed the massacre of Palestinians in Gaza during the Muslim Holy month of Ramazan and the UN has stood by as a silent spectator. The death toll of the Palestinians in Gaza has risen above 800 and the Israeli aggression continues. The residents of Gaza cannot seek escape as Egypt has kept its border with Gaza sealed. The Egyptian authorities have also prevented medical supplies from going in to Gaza and the UN has issued not a word of protest.

Yet the UN’s primary responsibility is to maintain global peace and to prevent aggression. From the UN Charter’s preamble to Article 2:4 to Chapter V11, the UN has a duty to ensure that people are not persecuted and states do not aggress against other states and territories. The Office of Secretary General has a critical role to play in the maintenance of international peace and prevention of state aggression and war. Chapter XV Article 99 defines the special responsibility the SG has in this regard and Article 100.1 also calls on the SG not to be influenced by any state in the carrying out of his functions.

The SG has to ensure the credibility of the UN in times of crises and war. At present the UN is undergoing a major challenge in terms of sustaining its institutional credibility. The massacre of innocent women, children, and elderly by the state of Israel cannot simply be ignored by the UN and by yourself as its SG. Nor can the Israeli aggression under false claims of “self defence” be ignored – especially by the UN and its SG. The UN Charter clearly circumscribes the notion of self-defence in Chapter VII and the ICJ Advisory Opinion on the Israeli Wall further countered the Israeli claims of self defence. How can the bombing of a hospital, a cemetery and a UN school be regarded as acts of self-defence?

As the world watches Israel losing all sense of humanity and breaking all international norms of behaviour, it is the UN to which it looks for intervention. After the UN World Summit of 2005 the international community asserted the principle of the Right to Protect as part of humanitarian intervention. The primary responsibility for enforcing this rests with the UN and its SG. I call on you to immediately exercise this responsibility to prevent a genocide of the Palestinians in Gaza.

As SG your actions will decide whether the UN is to remain credible as the harbinger of peace, the protector of the weak and the institution that ensures aggression remains unsuccessful around the globe. After all the UN was founded “to prevent future generations from the scourge of war”. It is up to you to ensure that the UN fulfills the mandate given to it by the comity of nations.

My country has always been one of the prime supporters of the UN in its peace and security functions. My Party has justice and human dignity as underlying principles. We cannot now allow the UN to lose all credibility because one powerful state is allowing Israel to conduct aggression against Gaza with impunity. We have a right to demand that you as the SG enforce the UN Charter and play an active role in halting Israeli military aggression against the Palestinian population of Gaza. As SG you must also demand and ensure Egypt open its border with Gaza to allow medical assistance and essential supplies to go into Gaza. You have a duty to ensure that the plan of genocide of the Palestinians by the Israeli state is thwarted. It is time for you as the UNSG to fulfill this critical duty.

Yours,

Imran Khan

Chairman PTI:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

PTI Chairman Imran Khan letter to UNSG Ban Ki-moon

rock127 likes this.
  3. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

Thakedari of muslim ummah.:lol::lol:

sale ko pakistan me massacre nazar nahi ata
    :sad::sad:

4. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

.... and the only reason toilets like al-bakistan and bangladesh join the UN 'peacekeeping' missions is because the UN pays the soldiers more than their own governments. Hence the army is keen to grabbing any and every opportunity to send its troops to UN.

5. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Imran Khan, the Taliban acolyte in impotent action.

I believe his sisters are insisting that he get married again!

By sending peacekeepers, Pakistan is only adding to the soldiers pay. It is to Pakistan's advantage - Foreign exchanage!

If he had the fire in his loins, then he would send troops to Palestine and fight from the Muslims.

Usual Pakistani style - all gas, no go!

Imagine all this coming from a Muslim who married a Jewess! Turncoat! Chameleon. Insincere.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  6. Energon

Energon DFI stars Stars and Ambassadors

I don't think your personal attack against IK has any bearing upon the veracity of his letter. Even if his religious motivations are allegedly insincere, it does not change the fact that he's writing to the UN as a political leader in regards to a very real humanitarian crisis.

Don't get me wrong, I too agree that there are issues with this letter; but none of them have anything to do with his marital status or his choice of former spouses.

Neo likes this.
  7. Ray

Oh sure, anyone can write to the UN. It is a Pakistani pursuit since they cannot get their Govt or Justice Organisation to act.

Here is another example from a Pakistani invoking the UN

I feel that a person who can marry a Jewess is either a confused man to turn against the Jews or he is an opportunist politicians and untrustworthy.

I am not asking you to take my views to be that of yours.

It can be a humanitarian crisis in Palestine, but it takes two hands to clap. It is just that notwithstanding all the bravado professed by the Islamic world, they are only cosmetic in their 'concern', making a huge show for the gallery and then expecting others to act for them.

If the Arabs and Imran Khan, the Taliban acolyte, is indeed sincere, they should take concrete action. But that requires guts sacrifice and even embracing death! Being a yellow livered motor mouth is of no use.

But wily and cunning that Imran Khan is, he is well aware that he can grandstand and play to his constituency, knowing fully well the UN is moribund and cannot act since the UNSC is under the shadow of the inevitable veto by the US.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  8. Energon

Oh of course, that's not even an option.

However I fail to see the logic behind your assertion that anyone who was once married to a Jewish woman is no longer allowed to criticize the ostensibly questionable actions of Israel. Since when did matrimony become the defining paradigm for all social or political views? So say if a man of Indian descent marries a Caucasian woman, is he forever disbarred from raising objections to questionable acts involving other Caucasians?

That just seems a bit absurd to me.

Neo likes this.
  9. Ray

The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
    - Albert Camus, the French-Algerian Nobel Prize winning author, journalist, and philosopher.

Indeed he can.

He acts and not emits hot air and indicates an impotent tendency.

And he does not make a song and a dance of it and play to his constituency.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  10. Energon

Um.. I love Camus as much as the next absurdist... but I'm pretty sure this quote is ill suited as a response to my post because it's both, out of scope and out of context.

11. Ray

I bow to you, Socrates and Matthew, Mark, and Luke all rolled in one!

What logic, what analytical insight and so near to God's word!

12. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Please read the content in RED which actually sounds LOGICAL and FACTFUL.

Imran Khan SHOULD BE telling this to UN. :thumb: :rofl:

By which face Pakis can complain to UN about genocide??? Pakistan is a CERTIFIED TERRORIST NATION.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pmaitra, jus and Blackwater like this.
  13. Energon

So what you're saying is that you only lend credence to those making appeals when they're ready to die for their convictions by taking up arms? Don't you think one of the biggest problem our civilization currently faces is the explosive desire many Muslims have for violently sacrificing their lives in the name of religion? Your insinuation that Pakistanis go to war with Israel in order to prove their solidarity with fellow Muslim Palestinians is also absurd (not in the existentialist sense like Camus postulates but rather in the "this argument is laughably half-assed" way). Because, for one, it is now abundantly clear that this conflict can never be settled militarily. So Imran Khan rolling into Palestine with a horde of Pashtun warriors would only worsen the situation. And two, the whole point of the international community is to deter armed conflict not propagate it.

I must say though I was a bit mislead by this statement...
    I thought you were going to follow this up with an observation about how IK says absolutely nothing about Hamas purposely drawing fire to densely populated areas by using them as staging grounds for missile launches into Israel. In which case I would have agreed with you because this is a credible argument for a serious shortcoming in his appeal to the UN.

Thank you. You are too kind.

Neo likes this.
  14. thethinker

thethinker Senior Member Senior Member

May I suggest the following :

a) Go to an Islamic republic (regardless of your marital status)
    b) Voice your criticism over there regarding their ideology or practices
    c) Then, argue there with the same logic like you do in this fine forum.

Thanks.

15. Energon

This nonsense has nothing to do with the actual debate at hand.
    Thanks,

Also since we're doing suggestions...
    1. Please change your screen name, it's patently misleading.

Neo likes this.
  16. thethinker

Why not?

And thanks for your concern about the screen name. Leftist pseudo-liberals always get concerned about such "deep" issues like screen names.

17. Energon

Because it is beyond the scope of what's being discussed. By raising non pertinent talking points you're wasting everyone's time. Either put them into context with a proper explanation or desist.

Also it isn't as much "concern" as it is mild irritation... sort of like if Neo were to change his name to "Indian Nationalist Lover"

18. thethinker

First off, the context was in itself a general observation regarding the pro-Paki/pro-Saudi views you seem to have while staying daft about radical extremism that seems to be originate from that ideology.
    Must be an effect of sheltered life in West like many of the "deep" liberals there.

Secondly, "mild irritation" of yours is none of my concern. Feel free to use the ignore button.

19. Energon

Your powers of observation blow chunks because I have never promoted "pro-Paki/pro-Saudi" views anywhere nor am I "daft" about their radical ideology. It is hence only befitting that your last extrapolation takes the award for stupidity because as irony would have it, I have spent over a decade of my life in the middle east and traveled extensively through the Islamic world.

Good idea. But that's only because your posts are stupid and completely off topic

Jai Hind

Neo likes this.
  20. thethinker

Good for you to experience Middle East culture! Tried speaking out against the human rights over there with the same context as you do for pro Palestine? Guess not.:thumb:

Jai Hind.