The Football thread

plugwater

Need more banners!!! How can a player ask about future prospect of a club, is it within that player rights!!!

plugwater

Brilliant from Fergie :) Refreshing after two hard days!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

A.V.

Saw the inter match just proved how england publicity teams compare

imagine seria its nowhere in glamour compared to PL not even big stars like la-liga and yet u see inter routing english teams to shame just proves how over rated english football is....

and barca well they have lots of probs imagine a midfield with maxwell and sergio playing in postitions that were held by xavi and iniesta in 2009 they need fabregas now that xavi will not play all matches and villa is having a bad time no support
big probs for barca everytime messi cant save them was a bad match yesterday - 2-0 but bad match they have big problems with big teams coming up

all my teams getting worse MIlan , brca , hope rubin does well

plugwater

Milan are already worse and i don't believe barca is getting weaker it ll surely bounce back after its lackluster performance. Fabregas will cost 40 million i doubt barca have that much money.

Tottenham(mediocre team in PL) almost drew the match yesterday with ten men against CL and serie A champions. PL is too strong for serie A and La liga is better than PL.

A.V.

Milan are already worse and i don't believe barca is getting weaker it ll surely bounce back after its lackluster performance. Fabregas will cost 40 million i doubt barca have that much money.

Tottenham(mediocre team in PL) almost drew the match yesterday with ten men against CL and serie A champions. PL is too strong for serie A and La liga is better than PL.
the 10 was their fault not inters still when a team goes 4-0 up in first half gives little motivation to keep up tempo ....
barca is not becoming bad but they cannot replace the quality imagine their flow was those balls through xavi and iniesta together which made messi a potent threat seeing yesterdays match all the passes had to go through iniesta as xavi was on after 80 minutes and when he came iniesta was taken off , it made messi play from behind and add as supplier , what all the teams saw yesterday mark villa with 3 men and barca will be left with shooting from distance

everytime daniel alves crossed the ball or abidal did from the left there was just 1 man in the box and was surrounded by 3 men and that left villa frustrated and was ultimately replaced , imagine iniesta is on yellow and xavi injured if they are ruled out then who will replace them in important matches they have keita to patch up but he is no xavi or iniesta..
now compare this scenerio to 2009 with every cross from left or right they had 3 men in the box henry , eto and messi and that transpired in the numbers that 6-0 real drought can u imagine that now with a lone villa as striker and messi limited to playing from behind

yes fabregas can be achieved i think the new fifa money policy i dont know clearly but i read barca is one of the few clubs who ca afford rooney why not fabregas , because barca needs supply men they already have bojan , pedro as the front men and ibramhimovich in the worst case next season

plugwater

Barca need to replace only Xavi in next 2 or 3 years they can get fabregas before that but i dont understand how fabregas will fit in now with three good players(Basguets, xavi, iniesta are still in good form). Fabregas might stay in bench till Xavi losing his form if they sign him now aslo Barca is in some financial trouble i am sure of that, thats why they cant afford rooney who will clearly suits barca's game play. I am talking these points by watching last season games i am yet see my first la liga game this season.

A.V.

Barca need to replace only Xavi in next 2 or 3 years they can get fabregas before that but i dont understand how fabregas will fit in now with three good players(Basguets, xavi, iniesta are still in good form). Fabregas might stay in bench till Xavi losing his form if they sign him now aslo Barca is in some financial trouble i am sure of that, thats why they cant afford rooney who will clearly suits barca's game play. I am talking these points by watching last season games i am yet see my first la liga game this season.
barca is looking at either iniesta or xavi to play on regular basis they are not looking at iniesta or xavi both to last 90 minutes in a single game as reveled this week xavi will play only the imp matches ...and then iniesta is playing LWF that leaves the midfield where maschareno is good at DMF but then either sergio or keita makes the midefield weak and the ball supplies are getting bad as a result messi is dropping back reducing villa lone at the front as on the left iniesta is playing with dual change
barca was so good because of the ball supplied by xavi and iniesta then 3 at thetop just did best with their skill presently i saw 2 matches by barca everytime u will find either puyol , or pique scoring with messi briliance here there ,villa is playing well but getting less support

they have reduced pedro to replacement bench thats killing then from that great great way they used to strike before they desperately need central playmaker as xavi wont be playing regular imagine if iniesta goes out due to some injury barca will be reduced to a defensive midfield with maxwell , sergio playing as linkmen

about finances barca will never have probs a world tour like the real will get some revenue people will flock just to see messi although little money but barca has future safe considering they have the stars to get sponsors shell out more

presently i would like to see barca reach the CL finals but its still uncertain as of now looking at them the others are doing much better , inter did well , even real played well in midefield messi has to rise to the form of his life then no stopping barca the other day he netted 5 ... 2 allowed 3 offsides but to expect him to score in every match is tough

if barca gets fabregas they he will play regular as CMF on the right and iniesta/xavi on the left and maschareno or sergio/keita from behind and upfront messi on right , villa center and pedro on left they will be killer then pique and puyol can rest at the back as forwards will do the job .

plugwater

'Kinell. What a horrible match to watch, torture for 90 minutes. I was praying to god to end the match. We were not good enough and struggled to break down the wolves.

I blame fergie for this horrible show what a shit formation and players to select to play against fvcking wolves. We should be thrashing them instead we needed an undeserved goal in 92 minutes. Wen will SAF learn that oberton, bebe and oshea are not united quality. We couldnt even pass or hold the ball, simply one of the worst match in Manutd history.

I am really sorry for Hargreaves i was overjoyed to see him play, but its lasted only for 4 minutes :(

Manutd need some serious investment on players or else we may have to lose our CL spot. Not some crazy signings like bebe or oberton. I really have no idea why fergie bought him for 7 million and for the same amount spurs got Van der vaart. Fergie should learn that kids wont win trophies.

mayfair

Good to see Spurs draw yesterday well done Sunderland..

The new UEFA financial rules come in to play next season and that means the days of reckless spending by football clubs are over. It'll be interesting to see how Manchester City cope with these new rules.

plugwater

Good to see Spurs draw yesterday well done Sunderland..

The new UEFA financial rules come in to play next season and that means the days of reckless spending by football clubs are over. It'll be interesting to see how Manchester City cope with these new rules.
Man city already have a very good squad all they need is a mourinho style manager to manage all those arrogant cunts.

mayfair

Man city already have a very good squad all they need is a mourinho style manager to manage all those arrogant cunts.
It's not about the squad but the money that has gone into assembling them and the wages some of those players are on..UEFA financial fairplay rules state that clubs cannot spend more than they earn if they wish to compete in UEFA competitions such as Champions league and Europa cup. City players are on atrocious wages- £220,000 a week for Yaya Toure, £140,000 a week each for Tevez and Adebayour. Not to mention other top earners such as David Silva, Nigel De Jong, Shay Given, Joe Hart, James Milner, Adam Johnson, Lescott and Kolo Toure. City do not have the fan base or revenue streams to support such expenditure. Of course where there's a law there's a loophole.

But they are a formidable players nevertheless and some one like Mourinho, Hiddink, Deschamps or Louis van Gaal will work wonders with that squad.

You lot are very lucky with the late goals and Fergie time mac. Maybe this year you'll finally overhaul our League record.

plugwater

Maybe shitty will offload some of their player like lescott, bridge etc, anyway this rules comes into play only when they qualify for champions league which is not going to happen. I dont think they are giving much importance to europa league( worthless tournament )

Yes we were lucky against wolves but we were also the casualties of late goals against everton and fulham. Most of the player had virus so they missed the wolves match hope they return for Manchester derby.

Overhauling your(Now i know you are a Liverpool supporter) title record may have to wait. with the squad we have its extremely difficult to win this year. Maybe next year with some quality additions in our squad.

It was a good game against renties, sad to say this but for the first time i cheered for Liverpool :)

mayfair

Maybe shitty will offload some of their player like lescott, bridge etc, anyway this rules comes into play only when they qualify for champions league which is not going to happen. I dont think they are giving much importance to europa league( worthless tournament )

Yes we were lucky against wolves but we were also the casualties of late goals against everton and fulham. Most of the player had virus so they missed the wolves match hope they return for Manchester derby.

Overhauling your(Now i know you are a Liverpool supporter) title record may have to wait. with the squad we have its extremely difficult to win this year. Maybe next year with some quality additions in our squad.

It was a good game against renties, sad to say this but for the first time i cheered for Liverpool :)
Yeh it was satisfying for us to put one across the rent boys and their bloody chairman who called us a "smallish club north of M25". Interesting times indeed that a club of nouveau rich pretenders talking about history. Still most of us Kopites are of the view that till Roy Hodgson is here, we'll go no where. Wouldn't mind seeing some of those names I mentioned take over as the manager in the near future.

Thanks for that. I know how difficult it would have been for a manc...as much as I wish I could reciprocate the sentiment, the thought of cheering that rat face inbred or shrek sickens me. But for our sake I hope your Darby game today ends in a draw. Should help us claw back some ground on Shitty.

plugwater

Hodgson is not technically gifted to manage a big club like Liverpool he should have stayed in fulham, i am not a fan of fat waiter either. Someone like hiddink will do fine i still remember how he turned Chelsea title charge in 2008-09 season but we still won :D. Chelsea managers/players are twats, they won the league for one time(that too with one point and with the help of linesman in old trafford) suddenly they have become world beaters. Chelsea team used to thrash all small cubs by 5 or 6 nil but when it comes against big teams we can all see how much they are capable of.

There will be a result today hope its for Manutd with shitty dropping more points i guess it ll be more advantage for pool. Anyway with that fvcking day light saving have to be awake till 1.30 to see the match.

mayfair

Hodgson is not technically gifted to manage a big club like Liverpool he should have stayed in fulham, i am not a fan of fat waiter either. Someone like hiddink will do fine i still remember how he turned Chelsea title charge in 2008-09 season but we still won :D. Chelsea managers/players are twats, they won the league for one time(that too with one point and with the help of linesman in old trafford) suddenly they have become world beaters. Chelsea team used to thrash all small cubs by 5 or 6 nil but when it comes against big teams we can all see how much they are capable of.

There will be a result today hope its for Manutd with shitty dropping more points i guess it ll be more advantage for pool. Anyway with that fvcking day light saving have to be awake till 1.30 to see the match.
Rafa had his shortcomings but many Liverpool fans have very fond memories of his tenure and the man himself. He is still devoted to LFC and the fans understand that. If you ask the fans today would they have him back, many would reply in affirmative. He gave us our pride back especially in Europe where we far exceeded expectations. He stood up to bullies like Whiskey Nose and his lackeys in Fat Sam and Beachball head Bruce. He stood up to the scum we had for owners (thankfully no more) and was one of the first to bring to light all their lies and misdemeanours. Hodgson would rather kiss the jock's arse than stand up for the fans and his players. The relentless xenophobic media campaign against him was disgusting compared to the wankfest over Whiskey nose and over Hodgson that we see today.

Roy's out of his depth and with his antics has alienated most Liverpool fans. Recent games have only brought him some breather and we hope that he'll be gone before too long.

plugwater

Rafa had his shortcomings but many Liverpool fans have very fond memories of his tenure and the man himself. He is still devoted to LFC and the fans understand that. If you ask the fans today would they have him back, many would reply in affirmative. He gave us our pride back especially in Europe where we far exceeded expectations. He stood up to bullies like Whiskey Nose and his lackeys in Fat Sam and Beachball head Bruce. He stood up to the scum we had for owners (thankfully no more) and was one of the first to bring to light all their lies and misdemeanours. Hodgson would rather kiss the jock's arse than stand up for the fans and his players. The relentless xenophobic media campaign against him was disgusting compared to the wankfest over Whiskey nose and over Hodgson that we see today.

Roy's out of his depth and with his antics has alienated most Liverpool fans. Recent games have only brought him some breather and we hope that he'll be gone before too long.
Fat waiter with his rotation policy and zonal marking had his time IMHO you guys gave him lot of support which he did not deserve. Had it not been for Didas butter fingers and starfish dive you never would have won that final. Its not rafas brilliant tactics. Only one season you came closer to us in league table and he went crazy over fergie made that stupid and arrogant rant. FYI it was the resaon of your downfall you had that season i dont remember the number of draws after that rant. I saw a stat that Spanish waiter spend more SAF in his period and yet he struggled to finish in top 4. He was not standing up to the owners it was another way of hiding his incapabilities by blaming owners and still you fans bought that.

mayfair

Fat waiter with his rotation policy and zonal marking had his time IMHO you guys gave him lot of support which he did not deserve. Had it not been for Didas butter fingers and starfish dive you never would have won that final. Its not rafas brilliant tactics. Only one season you came closer to us in league table and he went crazy over fergie made that stupid and arrogant rant. FYI it was the resaon of your downfall you had that season i dont remember the number of draws after that rant. I saw a stat that Spanish waiter spend more SAF in his period and yet he struggled to finish in top 4. He was not standing up to the owners it was another way of hiding his incapabilities by blaming owners and still you fans bought that.
The over spend is a myth..many websites such as transferleague.co.uk and lfchistory.net and an article in last years times have documented it very well, if you bother to read. CL final was a big achievement not just for the win but getting there in the first place with the squad we had then. Coming back from 0-3 down at halftime to equalise and then go on to win the game is the stuff legends are made of.

If argue about tactics then you had your arse whipped in 2008 and only won because of Terry's banana peel act and the 199 final wasn't great shakes either. in 2007 we were better than Milan int he final but they came out on top. That is football.

Rafa's rant was not his best moment but the points he raised were taken note of and mentioned time and again- Fergie time, his pre- and post-match comments and the biased refereeing were all well covered in the media. It was pointed that your games had officials awarding maximum extra time when you needed to score a goal to draw or win and least extra time when you needed to hang on. FA recently had the balls to fine your sorry arse for Fergie's dicwad boycott of BBC.

We fans knew what H&G were all about. We have seen their lies, their smooth talk and the amount of money they took out of the club.
Did you know that they withdrew £50 million from Liverpool FC just for the new stadium design??
Did you know we had a negative net spend for the past two seasons and only £10 million overall in the three years those lying twats were in charge of our club?
Did you know we were paying £110,000 a day in interest payments and it was all coming out of our transfer budget?

You fellas will start realising it very soon what it means to have leeches in charge once the £800 million debt imposed by Glazers starts to bite.

plugwater

Over spending is not a myth. It has been proved several times that fat waiter spend more than SAF.

Coming back from 3-0 is always an achievement but i am just arguing about the way how you did it. It was your day and luck was on your side.

Since you brought 1999 CL why only mentioning about the final we beat all the European giants(Inter, Juventus, Barcelona in group stages) and in final we were without our two best midfielders(Keane and scholes). Who told Munich to stop playing in injury time ? Play to the whistle is the basic rule in football. 2008 final was a even game we dominated the first half and after that freak goal by chelsea they had the control and in extra time it was again even. I have no argument over penalties it is always like a lottery. In that season we learned that its foolish to attack European teams in away games so we had to play a defensive game and in every game(Game vs Barca included) in OT we came out on top.

I guess you are a fan of andy allerton in RAWK. Stop whining about fergie time and biased decision every team gets a fair share of wrong decisions. we too are not immune to that. Media put each and every small decision that we gets in our favor in headlines but they even fail to mention all the bad decision we get. Its football bad decisions are part and parcel of the game.

Owners stealing clubs money is nothing new. In interest payment and all other useless spending we beat you hands down thats why we are trying to get rid our yanks.

mayfair

So you choose to put up the stats by Jamie Kanwar, an avowed Rafa and Stevie hater..not very surprising.

Since we were talking about Rafa's tenure let's look at the facts here

http://tomkinstimes.com/2010/10/the-truth-on-hicks-benitez’s-spending/

A few key points made by PT

Between 2004 and 2010, in buying 40 players who started a league game, Benítez spent approximately £225m.

He recouped £132m from the 25 of those purchases to have moved on.

which gives a net spend of (£225m-£132m) = £93 million net spend which comes down to £93m/6=£15.6m per season

Or if you wish for other sources, see here

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article6888955.ece

which provides a comparison of net spends over the period. Of course if you wish to go back further, then it must be pointed out that your biggest transfers (except Berbaflop) were Rio Ferdinand for £29.1m and Wayne Rooney for £28.5m among others not to mention Juan Sebastian Veron. Plus the Ronaldo transfer for £80m does have a huge impact on the net spend. It's interesting that till that happened, Whiskey nose was harping about gross spending and then it was all about net spend.

See the stats can be presented any way in a manner which supports one's point of view. The truth lies somewhere in between. Chelsea pissed off huge amounts of money in their first two-three seasons under Abrahimovich and once they had the squad they have been much more restrictive.

plugwater

I don't understand what you are trying to prove, From the link you gave

Manchester United total net spend 2004-2009: £27m loss

Liverpool total net spend 2004-09: £122m loss

Its really funny how you are trying to discount the fee we got from Ronaldo sale. He was our player mister.
So is it our mistake to spend big on lesser no of players rather than spending less on too many players ? You have to admit that the Spanish twat was crap at transfers.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles