The Football thread

plugwater

So after a long summer break and FIFA world cup, the 2010-11 football season will start tomorrow with community shield between Manchester United vs Chelsea. Lets use this thread to discuss about English premier league, La liga, Serie A, Champions league, Bundesliga and other leagues. Tomorrow schedule is

Chelsea vs Man Utd
Sunday 8th August 2010
Wembley Stadium
KO: 7:30pm IST Sony Pix​

A.V.

The blues winning this hands down .........lets see

.v0id

FOUNDER
Why is that AV ? Chelsea is going down tomorrow. 5-0 to Manutd :D
and who is going to score those 5 goals ??

Chelsea 2 - 1 Manure .... Drogba to score the winner.

plugwater

and who is going to score those 5 goals ??

Chelsea 2 - 1 Manure .... Drogba to score the winner.
Not going to happen !! Drogpa will not start tomo. this is your starting lineup
Henrique Hilario, Paulo Ferreira, Branislav Ivanovic, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Michael Essien, John Mikel Obi, Frank Lampard, Salomon Kalou, Nicolas Anelka, Florent Malouda.

Even in this age Giggs and scholes are better than most of your players and we have four fit strikers in our squad so scoring goals is not a problem for us, our problem is in central midfield.

.v0id

FOUNDER
Drogba will start from bench tomorrow. Will get 30-40 mins.

Btw lampard scored more goals compared the whole manure midfield, last season.

A.V.

giggs and scholes cant pull manu any more on their own the midfield is non existent the strikers are vulnerable even the half back defensive cover now is bad the defenders can be a shaving grace compared to that the back 4 +1 of the blues is good the midfield will be difference and malouda is doing well scoring i dont think anelka will play full match so lets see

plugwater

Lampard played as a supporting striker most of the time. Your formation also favored him but in 4-4-2 you cant expect midfielders to score that much goals. also our midfield had a off season last year.

plugwater

giggs and scholes cant pull manu any more on their own the midfield is non existent the strikers are vulnerable even the half back defensive cover now is bad the defenders can be a shaving grace compared to that the back 4 +1 of the blues is good the midfield will be difference and malouda is doing well scoring i dont think anelka will play full match so lets see
I agree that chelsea CM is superior to ours. But we have the most balanced squad and our defenders, forwards and wingers are superior to Chelsea.

VDS
Rafale-vidic-evans-evra
valencia-Fletcher-scholes-nani
rooney-hernandez

We need to replace only scholes. I am counting on Anderson to step up this season. We can only wait and see.

A.V.

the 4-4-2 by man u had good defence sweeper who will play the sweeper to effect now thats a big worry man to man midfield will be tough for man u

plugwater

the 4-4-2 by man u had good defence sweeper who will play the sweeper to effect now thats a big worry man to man midfield will be tough for man u
We have Evans, he is brilliant in passing and a good left footed player. We dominated Chelsea midfield last season in SB but we were unlucky to lose the match. Anyway the community shield is like a official friendly match. I just need Players to come back with no injuries.

mayfair

I hope Chelsea thrash Manure and the whiskey nose goes all sour face chewing his gum. A great manager but an absolute low life of a human being. The number of times Manure have got away with murder because of their influence in FA, Murdoch's love for them or media bias is shocking.

plugwater

I hope Chelsea thrash Manure and the whiskey nose goes all sour face chewing his gum. A great manager but an absolute low life of a human being. The number of times Manure have got away with murder because of their influence in FA, Murdoch's love for them or media bias is shocking.
Atleast Fergie dint sleep with other players wife :p
what are you taking about!! Manutd is the most affected team by that crap FA and the media hates us.

mayfair

Atleast Fergie dint sleep with other players wife :p
what are you taking about!! Manutd is the most affected team by that crap FA and the media hates us.
That's bollocks and you know it. The media wankfest over Manure is sickening, especially by Murdoch and his lackeys. Fergie has been allowed to get away with absolute murder while criticising referees, fourth officials and what not (remember his comments on Alan Wiley and Martin Atkinson). Fergie time has been well documented. All of this takes the sheen of a fantastic achievement by someone who turned a bunch of sloths into one of the most potent forces in club football in 24 years. Fergie is a great manager but a sorry excuse of a human being. And do not get me started on the prawn-sandwich eating brigade. The biggest lump of numpties ever. Just trawl through BBC 606 or various other message boards and the mancs (the glory hunters not you mate) arrogance blazes through. Manure players aren't exactly paragons of virtue- Beckham, Neville, Cantona, Ronaldo, Anderson, Nani...to name a few have scandal sheets over a mile long. So please spare the condescension.

plugwater

That's bollocks and you know it. The media wankfest over Manure is sickening, especially by Murdoch and his lackeys. Fergie has been allowed to get away with absolute murder while criticising referees, fourth officials and what not (remember his comments on Alan Wiley and Martin Atkinson). Fergie time has been well documented. All of this takes the sheen of a fantastic achievement by someone who turned a bunch of sloths into one of the most potent forces in club football in 24 years. Fergie is a great manager but a sorry excuse of a human being. And do not get me started on the prawn-sandwich eating brigade. The biggest lump of numpties ever. Just trawl through BBC 606 or various other message boards and the mancs (the glory hunters not you mate) arrogance blazes through. Manure players aren't exactly paragons of virtue- Beckham, Neville, Cantona, Ronaldo, Anderson, Nani...to name a few have scandal sheets over a mile long. So please spare the condescension.

As a United fan I have to admit that SAF is the biggest moaner in the League, but is it moaning or is it just wanting to fight for the team he manages and wanting to get the right decisions for his team on and off the pitch and if he did not do all the moaning ,I would be on his back wanting to know why he was not questioning the bad decisions that we get. Just as much as the other club fans want their manager to rant and moan at other managers. I think every other clubs get as much as dodgy decision as we do, At the end of the day a Liverpool or chelsea manager will always blast a Man Utd manager and a Manchester United manager will blast a Liverpool or chelsea manager, the same with the fans, its fun winding the opposition up, long may it last.
I agree that SAF went too far with his comments, but he didn't say Wiley had made glaring errors or been biased or unfair towards us, he just said he couldn't keep up with the game and took too long over things because of his fitness. He has since apologised and clarified his comments, saying he feels the refrees need to be generally fitter to keep up with the pace our our game and please dont talk about atkinson he is one of the worst referee in premier league.
The atmosphere at OT is sometimes bad, but we all know that its because of the high price tickets as only high class people can afford it. Just look at the our away support i would say it is the best in England for sure.

mayfair

Got to give it you mate, you are one of the very few reasonable mancs (pun intended) that I have come across on various message boards. I agree with your points regarding Wiley, but he was way off the line about Atkinson and Phil Dowd earlier. So this is not the first time and frankly speaking he's gotten away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist time and time again. Enough has been spoken about extralong overtime being played in games where Utd have benefited from it being so. The fact remains that Utd are the most successful English club in the past 20 or so years so naturally Sky cut them a great deal of slack because they bring in fans and viewership and thus money. But for all the successes, Utd have been pedestrian in Europe and the two CL wins were good but hardly convincing. As far as the away support goes, I would have to say you lot are definitely better than the Gooners, but I think Scousers have you beat there..home and away.

That said, today should be a cracker of the match. Looking forward to it.

plugwater

The Kop and stretford end is nowhere near as good as it used to be but that is the case with atmospheres at most grounds. IMO the atmsphere in Anfield is just a myth. The atmosphere is good in european and in big games but its the same case as old trafford against the teams like wigan and hull.
Fergie used to play attacking football in Europe not sit back or jam the midfield completely like mourinho or capello. But we have changed the tactics in European away games and we are doing relatively good in last three years.

Dont expect a cracker today we all know how the game will pan out when Man utd and Chelsea play each other :D

plugwater

Chelsea 1 - 3 Man Utd

Brilliant start from Manutd :) Anyway the real test starts next week.

A.V.

i watched half the match pathetic needs a lot of work.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles