The End of the Chinese Dream

mylegend

All factory job come with room and board... It is not true for office job, but there is potential in Office job that Factory job just can't provide. By the way, 700 millions Indian survive on less than $2 a day. (From Bloomberg)
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-22/gandhi-drinking-dirty-water-paves-way-for-congress-party-rebound.html

Job is good.

Job without food and decent food and shelter is good?

And empty stomach and given in to slavery, what is good?

China keen on statistics is making all slaves to their national greed!

\

Last edited:

RedDragon

Job is good.

Job without food and decent food and shelter is good?

And empty stomach and given in to slavery, what is good?

China keen on statistics is making all slaves to their national greed!

\
Job without food and shelter? Wake up dude.

RedDragon

Offcourse they are doing well. No one denies that. Look at the way they have developed their infrastructure. But the way the 50 cent army feeds the world about them being on a different plane altogether is not accurate.

Captain, they waste their resources too. Ghost towns come up just to keep spending and adding to GDP. That gives employment. They demolish and rebuild routinely again to keep construction booming. I will give them credit for what they have achieved, but then they hide a lot too.
Come on the Ghost Town are not because the Government want to make GDP, but in the real estate fever, some greedy company want to make take the advantage to build these apartment and sale them to make a big future, I have no sympathy for these companies.

hbogyt

A strong and booming private sector means capitalism and capitalist will become the dominant force in China. It will be getting so strong that it will challenge the current protocol where the CCP government and its puppy state owned companies and banks controls virtually all national resources, in which government officials and their affiliates dictate who can get what and who can get preferable treatment.
The rising class of private business entrepreneur will demand a fair play and a free market where competition is the main driving force instead of authoritarian orders. Chinese people will also demand a country ruled by law instead of a country ruled by a handful CCP Elite members. It will be the beginning of modern, democratic China and the end of a retrogressive, oppressive regime.
Probability dictates that at least some of the current crop of officials must be patriotic. Their lack of determination to change the course of reform in the direction that you have mentioned suggests to me that perhaps they thought that the current form of government is more viable than a regime change. The rise of private enterprises is distinct from the rule of law, the latter being another condition of many that must exist to allow a democratic government to function as intended. Without the proper set of social and economic conditons, a democratic government is as likely to serve the interest of a few as an autocratic one.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
There are lot of propaganda against China but the truth is their Human Rights and Liberty $u(|<$ no way China will be a great nation without taking peoples opinion into their policy making structure.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
All factory job come with room and board... It is not true for office job, but there is potential in Office job that Factory job just can't provide. By the way, 700 millions Indian survive on less than $2 a day. (From Bloomberg)
Gandhi Drinking Dirty Water Paves Way for Congress Party as Election Nears - Bloomberg
$2 is nearly Rs 100.

That is possibly OK in India but maybe not in the US.

The PPP is what is to be taken in the reckoning.

Therefore, the comparison of Indian PPP vs the West is quite bogus and disingenuous.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Hehe, of course in the shining India they earn 3000USD a month.
Believe it or not many workers do!

Yusuf employs quite a few of those and what is more he has to interact with many daily workers too and so he knows which side of the bread is buttered since he gives them the pay out of his own business earnings!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Selling your product at lower price? That is exactlly how you develop your industry.
By exploiting the labour who has no options!

Quite heartless.

More so, since they have no Unions to bargain a fair deal!

How very droll!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There are lot of propaganda against China but the truth is their Human Rights and Liberty $u(|<$ no way China will be a great nation without taking peoples opinion into their policy making structure.
I wonder if that will ever come to pass!

BIG BROTHER knows what is best for them!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
This post is just pathetic... For the very least, over 98% of Chinese rural area have clean water supply and electricy. We do not need a generator in every apartment with elevator. I thought that was very funny, when I see that in India. About the wages, it fluctuates between province. You will have hard time finding workers in you want to pay below $300 a month in you are in Dongguan(the largest light industry hub in China), you are looking between $300-$400 and provide room and board for free. This is at least true for the textile industry. Workers for electronics earn more, however, lower than $300 wage can be found in less developed provinces due to lower living expenses.
This post is just pathetic. 70% of China's water supplies are polluted. Apparently you do need a generator everywhere when you turn the lights off and shut down the elevators in every building when the sun goes down. I got pretty tired of trucking down 34 flights of stairs to avoid getting stuck in the dark. I thought that funny and trying to turn the lights on in the apartment hallway, supposed to have a motion detector but you can jump like a jack rabbit and it won't turn on... Made in China.

About the wages, for a factory worker to make $300-400 a month they have to work 80 hrs a week. They work like a slave and live like a slave in company dormitories where they buy company food/products instead of getting paid cash. When they demand wages the boss makes any excuse not to pay. Room and board ain't free, they deduct it and any time they are late or make a mistake. It is not unheard of after a pay period for workers to owe money. Farmers have it good compared to these slaves.

mylegend

$2 is nearly Rs 100, as you speak, you admit that 700 million people are happy under $2 a day or $60 a month. If they are so happy, then there will not took the risk to drink the moonshine that was poisonous and took their life. Life is not great in China, it is tough. However, I believe $300-$400 a month(room and board provided by factory) is better than $60 a month. I supposed two country have similar commodity price. The domestic price of rice start at 2rmb(about 0.32 usd) for half kilogram. If the price is about the same in India. I supposed the tough life of Chinese labor is a little bit better than their Indian counter part. Again, Chinese labor live a tough life. Yet, so does their Indian counterpart?

We should stop bashing at each other on those senseless subject, both countries are developing country. Compare to people in Devolop nation, we live in a giant slum. However, life will become better when our economy picks up. Industrial revolution that begin in United State at about 1800 in New England. We get a late start, but things will pick up.
http://www.21food.cn/news/price.jsp?category=%C1%B8%D3%CD%CB%C7%C1%CF&product=%B4%F3%C3%D7
By exploiting the labour who has no options!

Quite heartless.

More so, since they have no Unions to bargain a fair deal!

How very droll!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
$2 is nearly Rs 100, as you speak, you admit that 700 million people are happy under $2 a day or $60 a month. If they are so happy, then there will not took the risk to drink the moonshine that was poisonous and took their life. Life is not great in China, it is tough. However, I believe $300-$400 a month(room and board provided by factory) is better than $60 a month. I supposed two country have similar commodity price. The domestic price of rice start at 2rmb(about 0.32 usd) for half kilogram. If the price is about the same in India. I supposed the tough life of Chinese labor is a little bit better than their Indian counter part. Again, Chinese labor live a tough life. Yet, so does their Indian counterpart?

We should stop bashing at each other on those senseless subject, both countries are developing country. Compare to people in Devolop nation, we live in a giant slum. However, life will become better when our economy picks up. Industrial revolution that begin in United State at about 1800 in New England. We get a late start, but things will pick up.
Of course, there will be moonshine. There will be deaths.

Just as people will smoke and there will be cancer and there will be deaths.

Just as you will have mines in China and have regular deaths!

mylegend

Many water are Poluted, but the drink water is not. You can not drink tap water in China, but it is clean after it is cook. People have running water. About the labor, room is mostly free, board is not. The wage is mostly determine by efficiency, so you get pay for every finished product. Most people need to work for 6 days a week and 10-12 hrs a day to get that wage of $300-$400. If you do not pay wages, you go to jail. Well, even if you don't pay after government intervene. There are thousands of textile factory in Dongguan alone, you can just walk a few block and work some where else. I understand the situation is not ideal, but labors are not slave. Their life are tough, but they can walk away with at least $250 a month in most of situation after deducting board fee.

You can visit the factory yourself to make a judgement. Major US firms have strict policy, GAP for example, inspect factories oversea to make sure labor are paid, factories are clean, and no child labor.
This post is just pathetic. 70% of China's water supplies are polluted. Apparently you do need a generator everywhere when you turn the lights off and shut down the elevators in every building when the sun goes down. I got pretty tired of trucking down 34 flights of stairs to avoid getting stuck in the dark. I thought that funny and trying to turn the lights on in the apartment hallway, supposed to have a motion detector but you can jump like a jack rabbit and it won't turn on... Made in China.

About the wages, for a factory worker to make $300-400 a month they have to work 80 hrs a week. They work like a slave and live like a slave in company dormitories where they buy company food/products instead of getting paid cash. When they demand wages the boss makes any excuse not to pay. Room and board ain't free, they deduct it and any time they are late or make a mistake. It is not unheard of after a pay period for workers to owe money. Farmers have it good compared to these slaves.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Obviously, in the modern world, there is no bonded la.bour and so one has to pay for labour.

The issue is, whether that is fair, as per the local conditions, time spent and effort.

In India, there are trade unions, who carry out collective bargaining to ensure that the labour gets a fair pay.

pmaitra

Blame the spending habbits of the avg american and his lack of financial prudency.I have relatives who are docs in Nebaraska and they have some foul things to say about spending habits and lack of incentive to save.

Neither Obama nor Bush are the culprits here.The avg american citizen is the culprit
Good point.

Yes, your relatives are correct.

Credit Card companies will give you gifts for spending more, airlines will reward you miles for travelling more - the list is long!

There is no incentive to save.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That attitude is catching up in India too!

Credit card is helpful, but still a menace!

Tianshan

Probability dictates that at least some of the current crop of officials must be patriotic. Their lack of determination to change the course of reform in the direction that you have mentioned suggests to me that perhaps they thought that the current form of government is more viable than a regime change. The rise of private enterprises is distinct from the rule of law, the latter being another condition of many that must exist to allow a democratic government to function as intended. Without the proper set of social and economic conditons, a democratic government is as likely to serve the interest of a few as an autocratic one.
i agree with you.

some people like kickok1975 do not like the ccp, that is their viewpoint and i can understand.

but i myself think the ccp has given us results beyond the greatest dreams already, and broken countless world records in terms of development speed and scale.

why fix something that is not broken?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles