The End of the Chinese Dream

Iamanidiot

Hu Jintao prevented the dissenter from being presented with the Nobel Prize he had won. Hu Jintao was wined and dined at the White House by Obama.
Wald thinking of it in hindsight.The US adminstration knows all the holes of the CCP economic,social and political set-ups.China seems to be on a very tight American leash and if it wants the americans can wreak havoc with economics alone..

kickok1975

Without prosperous private business, without supporting small and middle size business, China's economy boom will eventually fade. CCP government should stop treating private business as 2nd citizen and stop feeding their spoiled state owned monopoly enterprises. However, it could be mission impossible to CCP government because a booming private business could threaten the very economic fundamentals of their dictatorship governance

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
The booming private industry class will be issued stakes in CCP. That is how you keep them happy while still exercising authority over Chinese continent.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The author of the FP article interviewed a reporter - - Here's a gag that's about 100 years old: Man meets friend from the hometown in the city and is told by his friend that he works as a newspaper reporter, "But don't tell my mother. She thinks I play piano in a whorehouse."

But it is refreshing to see that the nouveau riche in China are just as despicable as those in the USA. :-D

Iamanidiot

Without prosperous private business, without supporting small and middle size business, China's economy boom will eventually fade. CCP government should stop treating private business as 2nd citizen and stop feeding their spoiled state owned monopoly enterprises. However, it could be mission impossible to CCP government because a booming private business could threaten the very economic fundamentals of their dictatorship governance
Frankly speaking the GOI also does not support small and medium-size business.I spend a sizeable chunk of my time dealing with bureacrats at various tiers add to that some truly crappy infra but that does not stop me from growing.How is China different in this aspect?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Wald thinking of it in hindsight.The US adminstration knows all the holes of the CCP economic,social and political set-ups.China seems to be on a very tight American leash and if it wants the americans can wreak havoc with economics alone..
The Obama administration has wreaked havoc on the American economy. :-(

Iamanidiot

The Obama administration has wreaked havoc on the American economy. :-(
Blame the spending habbits of the avg american and his lack of financial prudency.I have relatives who are docs in Nebaraska and they have some foul things to say about spending habits and lack of incentive to save.

Neither Obama nor Bush are the culprits here.The avg american citizen is the culprit

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
hehe, it seems taht MR' Yusuf's try to show us that most of Indians could earn more than 300USD/month.
No I said my principle started a factory in china coz it was cheaper for him. He was paying 800-1000 a month to his labor in Taiwan but was kind enough to pay $300 to Chinese who usually work for cheaper than that :D

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Is $300 a month that bad? How many in India make that much? Do these little fellows make 300 dollars a month?:

I have a colleague who is from Portugal, a EU country. He told me his cousin works as a teacher there and earns 400 Euro a month (that was before the financial crisis, who knows how mch she makes now).
The cooliewalas (porters) around my shop make that much. Auto and Taxi drivers make that much. Carpenters and tailors make that much. At least those who I know :D

hbogyt

My good man...this is the China affairs thread so we discuss China here not Japan.
Please explain why is China so scared of re-valuation of the Renminbi? ...too scared of competing in the real world economics?
The Chinese economy is in our physical reality, therefore, by definitionits, it is participating in the real world economics. Your "real world economics" is formed by the interaction of all those involved. Every player with its interaction with the global economic system is also shaping the rules, consciously or sub-consciously, preferrably to their favour, so a compromise results. With China's currrent economic clout, there is no reason for her not to exert influence on other economic players just as they are to her. The world is not fair, and the powerful often get their way. If the Chinese economy proves robust and resilient, then the "real world economics' is one where she can fix her exchange rates.

It has been known since Bismarck that nascent industries need protection from foregin competition. Would it be fair to allow industrialised powers to abuse their techonogical maturity, business experience, accumulated human captical and built plant and machinery, like pitching a toddler against an adult in a fight?

I am sure statistical cooking alone wont bring them to the second largest economy in mere decades. Guess we have to agree to disagree here then. :namaste:
Second largest according to the statistics of which the legitimacy he is challenging.

If digging a hole and filling it up is added to national contribution god knows what other number magic the CCP does.In India most people understate their assets and everything so that the taxmen do not even come near us.You guys are the perennial opposite to us
Not all of the growth comes from unproductive projects. Besides, these are only a temporary measure.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The author of the FP article interviewed a reporter - - Here's a gag that's about 100 years old: Man meets friend from the hometown in the city and is told by his friend that he works as a newspaper reporter, "But don't tell my mother. She thinks I play piano in a whorehouse."

But it is refreshing to see that the nouveau riche in China are just as despicable as those in the USA. :-D

This is just what the US wants.

And unlike the US, there is a a huge shock that the CCP has to weather - from the ancient womb to the tomb safety to the lightening change and into the shock of being exposed to survival of the fittest!

Discontent galore!

W.G.Ewald

Professional
[/B]

This is just what the US wants.

And unlike the US, there is a a huge shock that the CCP has to weather - from the ancient womb to the tomb safety to the lightening change and into the shock of being exposed to survival of the fittest!

Discontent galore!
Perhaps as US declines we will meet China at some happy median.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Unless there is a revolution!

It will be faster!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
This is the biggest hindrance to moving China's economy away from the export/construction driven model to consumption/services model of developed countries. SME's in China are getting the shaft from banks lending to SOEs and forcing them to go to loan sharks. The interests rates are too high and the vast majority of the loans will go bad. SMEs are going to be wiped out and all that remains are huge inefficient SOEs that can't live off anything but loose credit. Heaven forbid when the FOREX disappears with the capital flight soon to follow.

no smoking

Country flag
My friend, please enlighten me how hte booming private business could threaten CCP's governance? Do you even have an idea what the major business the private companies focus on in China?

no smoking

Country flag
No I said my principle started a factory in china coz it was cheaper for him. He was paying 800-1000 a month to his labor in Taiwan but was kind enough to pay $300 to Chinese who usually work for cheaper than that :D
$300? Yes, that is very low comparing to anyone in developed countries like taiwan. But we are talking about China, a developing country, right? Last time, I check that china's GDP per capita is still around $4000. So, that is a reasonable wage. You should know, in democratic india, your workers can't even make that much.

kickok1975

My friend, please enlighten me how hte booming private business could threaten CCP's governance? Do you even have an idea what the major business the private companies focus on in China?
A strong and booming private sector means capitalism and capitalist will become the dominant force in China. It will be getting so strong that it will challenge the current protocol where the CCP government and its puppy state owned companies and banks controls virtually all national resources, in which government officials and their affiliates dictate who can get what and who can get preferable treatment.
The rising class of private business entrepreneur will demand a fair play and a free market where competition is the main driving force instead of authoritarian orders. Chinese people will also demand a country ruled by law instead of a country ruled by a handful CCP Elite members. It will be the beginning of modern, democratic China and the end of a retrogressive, oppressive regime.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
My good man...this is the China affairs thread so we discuss China here not Japan.
Please explain why is China so scared of re-valuation of the Renminbi? ...too scared of competing in the real world economics?
Maybe you didn't realised that Renminbi has appreciated more than 20% in past several years.

Selling your product at lower price? That is exactlly how you develop your industry.
US did that 100 years ago
Japan did that 50 years ago
South korea did that 20 years ago and is still doing that now.

Sure, india may have a better stragegy to industralization, but you can't blame China to follow that.

Tianshan

I wonder why India and China had become hateful enemies?
why do you think?

just read this thread to see how much they hate us, they are praying for our economy to collapse

there was a thread recently about how china economy will crash before 2012, you can read it.

mylegend

This post is just pathetic... For the very least, over 98% of Chinese rural area have clean water supply and electricy. We do not need a generator in every apartment with elevator. I thought that not believable until I really see it, when I see that in India. About the wages, it fluctuates between province. You will have hard time finding workers in you want to pay below $300 a month in you are in Dongguan(the largest light industry hub in China), you are looking between $300-$400 and provide room and board for free. This is at least true for the textile industry. Workers for electronics earn more, however, lower than $300 wage can be found in less developed provinces due to lower living expenses.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles